Today my last day with my Omnia2

Guest NewForce

Guest NewForce
I use the O2 but my wife has the Galaxy S.

I probably have the weirdest reason for doing this:

I prefer the O2 because it is harder for casual users to load apps on it!

My kids fight over the Galaxy S & regularly flatten the battery on it, installing and playing games to their mother's dismay!

But they avoid my O2 unless they want to watch TV or preloaded movies on it!

I have a few games on it but they have no interest in those games, heheheheh...

BTW, I was in KL recently and played with a G Tab in DigitalMall, side-by-side with an iPad for 20mins.

I gotta admit that the iPad crushed the G Tab at first impression (in terms of screen quality and responsiveness, not to mention battery life). I would only consider the G-tab if it is MUCH cheaper than the iPad.

.ps I also have a low end Gome FlyTouch clone to mess around with (running Android 1.6) that I picked up for SGD100.

I had almost the same devices like you.

Before having an Omnia2, also bought a Galaxy S but decided to pass it to my wife. Having a 10" 1Ghz Zenithink Epad Android 2.1 tablet.

But I have exactly the opposite of what you had commmented.

Galaxy TAB crsuhed ipad in term of screen sharpness, functionality and portable. Anyway they are both different, a Tablet/Browser phone vs just tablet only devices. To me, ipad was way too big, square and inconvenient for any outing, not to mention it also not comfortable to watch movie which mostly wide screen, too much top and bottom black border.

It play flash website video straight in the browser, and with full screen capabilities too if you press the playback video bar full screen button. This was without opening any additional software for flash websites video playback. I can now open Browser go to Youtube, Youku, 163, Tudou, Goganime and etc... websites and watch any their flash video without any problem at all.

Even my friends with ipad are impressed with what GALAXY TAB can do. The funniest thing was, they also frequently check my pant back pocket to see if my GALAXY TAB was actually there when they saw me empty handed. They was impressed another round by GALAXY TAB.

Finally I couldn't bear the wait and switched to HD2. Maybe I'm lagged, after using capacitive touch, I finally realised that android was never meant for resistive screens, the HD2 is so responsive and I never use my nails to poke the screen again.

Thank you chefs for cooking the ROMs I've been running rodrigofd's Leo2 until I sold the O2.

Thank you all!

bought Galaxy S (AT&T Captivate) and Sony Ericsson X10a last weekend, was impressed about the OS. the Captivate comes with 2.1 and X10a comes with 1.6 but i managed to flashed to leaked 2.1 on the first day :D if i haven't had my wm for a long time, i wouldn't even be able to do that. i spend a lot of times to figure out android stuff now and am pretty happy with it. i'm not gonna compare android to WM, because i still have my i8000 and wil not sell it. i can flash my omnia when there is new ROM coming out and still have fun with it. but in the main time the galaxy S is gonna be my dialy toy for now :P

yes, today was my last day with omnia II!

I own a Galaxy S now. Galaxy S works much better than omniaII.

Thx a lot to all who have created custom roms for omnia II.

All the best!

PS: I will go to android section of modaco :P

Edited by kvist

Guest NewForce
bought Galaxy S (AT&T Captivate) and Sony Ericsson X10a last weekend, was impressed about the OS. the Captivate comes with 2.1 and X10a comes with 1.6 but i managed to flashed to leaked 2.1 on the first day :D if i haven't had my wm for a long time, i wouldn't even be able to do that. i spend a lot of times to figure out android stuff now and am pretty happy with it. i'm not gonna compare android to WM, because i still have my i8000 and wil not sell it. i can flash my omnia when there is new ROM coming out and still have fun with it. but in the main time the galaxy S is gonna be my dialy toy for now :P

Great to know that you actually bought a Samsung Capticate buddy. It's a fine piece of phone compare to others around. Finally you too buying into Android OS phone. Although they wasn't as exciting as the old WinMo where we can tweak a lot, but that's save us lots of precious time for other things in our everyday life. :D

Great to know that you actually bought a Samsung Capticate buddy. It's a fine piece of phone compare to others around. Finally you too buying into Android OS phone. Although they wasn't as exciting as the old WinMo where we can tweak a lot, but that's save us lots of precious time for other things in our everyday life. :D

i'm glad that i bought SGS, the screen is sooooo much better and there are a lot of tweaks and tricks to learn. am still spending a lot of times reading through forums. have managed to flash couple of ROMs and to be honest, flashing is much easier and less risky then i8000. but i will still hang around here to kick some butts :P

Guest Del1701
i'm glad that i bought SGS, the screen is sooooo much better and there are a lot of tweaks and tricks to learn. am still spending a lot of times reading through forums. have managed to flash couple of ROMs and to be honest, flashing is much easier and less risky then i8000. but i will still hang around here to kick some butts :P

Congrats on your new gadget buddy :D when I played with the SGS I thought the screen was fantastic.

Congrats on your new gadget buddy :P when I played with the SGS I thought the screen was fantastic.

the screen on SGS is the best as far as i concerned, but the camera is kinda out dated, no flash?! and picture quality is miles behind N8, but usually i dont use my phone to take pictures.

Guest Del1701
the screen on SGS is the best as far as i concerned, but the camera is kinda out dated, no flash?! and picture quality is miles behind N8, but usually i dont use my phone to take pictures.

It was the camera that put me off the SGS thats why I was looking at the DHD or N8, so glad I got the N8 because the camera is superb and the free satnav is excellent :P

It was the camera that put me off the SGS thats why I was looking at the DHD or N8, so glad I got the N8 because the camera is superb and the free satnav is excellent :D

the AT&T version SGS costs me 150 with 2 yrs contract, since i'm using AT&T anyway, so it seems like a better deal for me. otherwise, i'll definitely get N8 instead, 600+ seems a bit deep for me now :P

I too just joinned the crowd too ...after years with MS, I've finally moved to Android (HTC Desire). I was considering the SGS, but the no flash thing really turned me off; disappointed that they never released the beam either :D

I picked up a desire cheap, so I can always upgrade to a SGS2 or something next year perhaps. In any case, I agree with Lancez, flashing is easy, and I was able to learn so much in only a day (it's much better than I suspected). There are many things that I miss, but it looks like Android fills many of the gaps and will continue to do so. My wife is now using my O2, so I'll still be around trying to keep it current :D

Guest Del1701
the AT&T version SGS costs me 150 with 2 yrs contract, since i'm using AT&T anyway, so it seems like a better deal for me. otherwise, i'll definitely get N8 instead, 600+ seems a bit deep for me now :P

T mobile were quoting me £35 a month contract for 2 years just for an upgrade which gave me the same minutes text and internet that I already have which only costs me £20 a month with them at the moment :D yea rip off I thought so I went to the carphone warehouse looking at buying a new phone sim free then lo and behold the nice manager there told me I could upgrade with them for £200 and keep my same contract for only a year :D bonus I thought so I jumped at it.

T mobile were quoting me £35 a month contract for 2 years just for an upgrade which gave me the same minutes text and internet that I already have which only costs me £20 a month with them at the moment :D yea rip off I thought so I went to the carphone warehouse looking at buying a new phone sim free then lo and behold the nice manager there told me I could upgrade with them for £200 and keep my same contract for only a year :D bonus I thought so I jumped at it.

good deal you got there! stuff like this makes me wanna move to europe :P i just dont like those greedy companies here in US, they are all about ripping people off instead of providing customers real service.

Guest NewForce

It was the camera that put me off the SGS thats why I was looking at the DHD or N8, so glad I got the N8 because the camera is superb and the free satnav is excellent :D

I too just joinned the crowd too ...after years with MS, I've finally moved to Android (HTC Desire). I was considering the SGS, but the no flash thing really turned me off; disappointed that they never released the beam either :D

I picked up a desire cheap, so I can always upgrade to a SGS2 or something next year perhaps. In any case, I agree with Lancez, flashing is easy, and I was able to learn so much in only a day (it's much better than I suspected). There are many things that I miss, but it looks like Android fills many of the gaps and will continue to do so. My wife is now using my O2, so I'll still be around trying to keep it current :P

I've never take serious pictures with my old SGS.

I always prefer to take good pictures with my DC with great optical zoom & great TTL flash support.

So now my old SGS was with my wife, she managed to take dark pictures with keychain flash.

Alternately she used a compact LED torch in her handbag for very dark and at a distance pictures.

Lancez buddy, I suggest you could do likewise. :D

:P i lost my Omnia 2 in the toilet today... i havent tested it ;) hope it still works ;)

see, thats the reason why they keep saying "don't text and drive". :P

Guest speedfrog

i had it in a sweater and when i was taking down my pants it fell out of my pocket down in the toilet.... ;)

luckily before :P

Edited by speedfrog

Guest Del1701
i had it in a sweater and when i was taking down my pants it fell out of my pocket down in the toilet.... ;)

luckily before :P

:P Now that was lucky ;)

Have you got it working yet ?

Edited by Del1701

Guest NewForce
:P i lost my Omnia 2 in the toilet today... i havent tested it ;) hope it still works ;)

You mean you dropped it in the toilet bowl? Oh my... that's smelly

I suggest you should drop it into washer & dryer before retest it. :P