CM6 Wifi doesn't auto-reconnect

Guest z0s0

Once my phone sleeps and disconnects from the wifi, it won't reconnect unless I switch Wifi off then on again. After that it connects fine.. until it sleeps again the we repeat the process ;-)

I've seen this mentioned around the traps, but no solutions seem to be offered for this.

I'm running the latest CM6 (late October) 2.2. I installed the T-Mobile official 2.1 before following the directions and upgrading to 2.2/CM6. Previously I had been running FLB on top of the Hungarian T-Mo update. I've been through a few ROMs ;-)

I've tried the switch to "Never sleep" mode in the wifi settings, but this also has no effect. (This is something I have used on other ROMs for other purposes, and on those it worked as expected)

My router is the classic WRT54GL.

Only other data point I can think of is that the GPS indicator in the status bar never disappears after it has been used - even though the GPS is definitely off at that point. Not sure if it's related.

Any suggestions?

Guest olivier k
Once my phone sleeps and disconnects from the wifi, it won't reconnect unless I switch Wifi off then on again. After that it connects fine.. until it sleeps again the we repeat the process ;-)

I've seen this mentioned around the traps, but no solutions seem to be offered for this.

I'm running the latest CM6 (late October) 2.2. I installed the T-Mobile official 2.1 before following the directions and upgrading to 2.2/CM6. Previously I had been running FLB on top of the Hungarian T-Mo update. I've been through a few ROMs ;-)

I've tried the switch to "Never sleep" mode in the wifi settings, but this also has no effect. (This is something I have used on other ROMs for other purposes, and on those it worked as expected)

My router is the classic WRT54GL.

Only other data point I can think of is that the GPS indicator in the status bar never disappears after it has been used - even though the GPS is definitely off at that point. Not sure if it's related.

Any suggestions?

I think that this is a "known" issue of CM6. I have it as well.

• 2 months later...