[ROM] [eclair] French Fries RLS5 [2010-11-18]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
I don't know if this has been added before so just in case.

I have been using this firmware since I first had my SF and it wasn't until I needed a way to disable the data while not in wifi range that I noticed there is a setting missing that is in default and Pauls rom.

Wireless & Networks - Mobile Networks - Data Connection. This Setting comes directly above the Data Roaming Setting but is missing from your rom and I couldn't turn off.

Had to go Pauls R4 and make a custom one including a lot of the fixes from yours for now. If I'm missing something please let me know.

For some reason they've removed this setting in the french ROM that I base my custom ROM on. Get apndroid from Market, it'll take care of it for you.

Guest Flumpster
For some reason they've removed this setting in the french ROM that I base my custom ROM on. Get apndroid from Market, it'll take care of it for you.

Is there anyway I can add this setting back into your rom ?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is there anyway I can add this setting back into your rom ?

The setting is in Phone.apk. I've tried to use Phone.apk from the Orange rom but it didn't work. I've also tried readding the check box with some apktool hacking but I quickly realized that it needed more changes than just making the checkbox appear so I dropped it. RLS5 will include APNDroid by default. It's a 1x1 widget that you touch to enable/disable mobile data.

Thanks for the update. And do both Opera versions work ? I'm referring to Opera Mobile and Opera Mini.

A bit late replying but yes. I can confirm that "pinch to zoom" is working in both Opera Mobile and Opera Mini

Just been through a few different roms and I can confirm that the rtsp/video streaming issue seems to be linked to the french rom. Installed the new BladeVillain 1.01 and experienced the same issue.

Used a Modaco R4 and video streaming was working again.

I might have stuck with the R4 but my quadrant score dropped to 266, even with HW_UI enabled and VM Heap set to 48

Under French Fries I'm getting 415 and the Blade is flying along B)

Cant wait for the R5 release Kalt_Kaffe! Cheers for all your hard work.

Guest kallt_kaffe
French Fries RLS4 ist the best ROM for me. Fast and ext3 for a2sd.

Now I want to update to RLS5.

Should I wipe everything ?

Thanks for your work !!

You could try without wipe but you may run into trouble with Google Maps refusing to work. Also you may need to wipe the dalvik-cache because of changes in the framework. Try and if it doesn't work, reboot and wipe.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Just wanted to know if anyone else is having problems with video streaming, more specifically with the tvcatchup.com mobile site.

Is there any other example that does require a login? I also suspect tvcatchup.com may not work outside the UK. I need something to test with that works on Orange based roms but fails on French based ones.

Guest Freekers

I have just installed this ROM and customized it to my needs, here are my findings:

- Multi touch support only works in xscope and Opera Mini/Mobile but feels unreal.

- There is a delay of 1 second between pressing the power button and the lockscreen to appear

- The max stable overclock (for my device) is 690Mhz. 710 is bootable but I often get restarts (not stable).

A2SD works flawlessly. Altough ROM is overclocked, I don't feel much difference yet in normal use and it seems that the loading of the menu is even slower ? (could be placebo effect...)

I still have some questions:

- How can I set a custom bootscreen ?

- How can I get the round battery indicator ?

- How can I remove the 'SD Card mounted' message after boot ?

I also suspect tvcatchup.com may not work outside the UK.

I can confirm that tvcatchup ONLY works inside the UK. You NEED an IP address inside the UK for it to work !

Guest kallt_kaffe
Excellent ROM, thanks. A small issue, the temperature reading are out by factor of 10(?). At least it's wrong in the widget (Sense Analog Small Black 4x1, http://www.appbrain.com/app/sense-analog-s...nalogThinBlack), which works in other ROMs (Paul, Seb and Villain).

Try the original kernel addon and let me know if it reports it right with the original kernel.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Bob@Desire
Here's one version I generated today: http://circle.glx.nl/downloadpickup.php?da...TEwLTU4LTEuemlw

And here's another (the one I currently use on my phone): http://circle.glx.nl/downloadpickup.php?da...TExLTE3LTEuemlw

Is this battery circle for the white or black notification bar? I'm using the espresso framework, and all the other circles here are only for the white bar!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is this battery circle for the white or black notification bar? I'm using the espresso framework, and all the other circles here are only for the white bar!

White bar

Guest Bob@Desire
White bar

Anyone knows how to get a circle for the black bar? I tried it on the theme kitchen but always getting an arrow

(Using Modaco r4 and I'm a little Android n00b)

Guest Freekers
Here's one version I generated today: http://circle.glx.nl/downloadpickup.php?da...TEwLTU4LTEuemlw

And here's another (the one I currently use on my phone): http://circle.glx.nl/downloadpickup.php?da...TExLTE3LTEuemlw

Thanks. I did not know that I could just generate them.

Are the bootscreens from iDroid84 also compatible with your ROM/Kernel ?

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...reens-download/

Guest kallt_kaffe

FYI, I'm currently working on putting all the French Fries changes into the Hungarian ROM so RLS5 may be the last release, but only to be replaced by the Hungarian Hedgehog. B)

Guest Freekers
FYI, I'm currently working on putting all the French Fries changes into the Hungarian ROM so RLS5 may be the last release, but only to be replaced by the Hungarian Hedgehog. B)

Thanks for the update ! Is Hungarian ROM better/more stable/faster ? Is the WiFi fixed in that one ?

Also, just a note but I assume you already know, the Hungerian Blade has a TFT screen instead of a OLED one and lower memory :)

Last but not least, could you please tell me if the bootscreens of iDroid84 are compatible with your ROM/Kernel ? :) (See link above). Thanks !

Keep up the good work