[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Len Ash

I reckon the auto-brightness calibration is off, possibly due to a change in light sensor type on V/X880 and therefore the screen tends to be overly bright at a given ambient level. Similar to the JJ. Burns juice!

I'll try the modded framework-res and see if it works/helps/fixes.

And HTML5 doesn't work in the stock browser.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest fmacbris
I reckon the auto-brightness calibration is off, possibly due to a change in light sensor type on V/X880 and therefore the screen tends to be overly bright at a given ambient level.

Yes, I agree screen is brighter compared to MCRr4 (2.1) and de-crossed (cheque) r0.2

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi all,

I'm currently running r6 and want to upgrade to the latest r7a / r8 when it's released.

Can I ugrade without doin a wipe?

Will i be able to flash from r6 directly to r7a

or

do i have to do r6 to r7 to r7a etc

I never used r6a by danozl, instead I pulled down the contacts database and added the missing field using sqlite and then pushed it back up. Contacts have worked fine ever since for me.

Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Well, I had to make changes to the contatcs too coming onto R6 and when I updated to R7 everything seemed to go great, except I got FCs on my contacts tab.

When I looked it seemed I had no contacts storage app after the R7 upgrade.

In the end I wiped and installed from fresh and resynced my contacts.

All works beautifully afterwards.

Pretty sure Flib mentioned if you had to fix the contatcs then a wipe will be needed..... then again I didn't SQLITE fix mine so I guess you could nandroid and try just an upgrade then you can always restore if needs be ;)

i still haven't got time to update to r7a (i've been busy these days). tomorrow i will have time to upgrade, but if you tell me that there are chances to have r8 next week, i will wait (to avoid installing apps and setting my phone again and again). of course it's just an indication to know if it's better to upgrade tomorrow or no, there's no prob if the r8 will be delayed.

Guest fmacbris

A few people have commented on slow GPS fix. My first fix took longer than on previous roms, I have also noticed that although coarse location works it puts me a couple of miles to the west of where I really am.

My previous roms (stock, MCRr4 (2.1) and de-crossed (cheque) r0.2) and a pulse mini all put me at the phone mast 100m from my house.

I used the Antennas application and this shows that I am connected to the same mast. If the coarse location passed to the GPS is out by this amount it could also be causing the slow GPS fix problem people are experiencing.

For what it's worth, I have had no real issues with this, except for some messages not sending first time (which, tbh, I think it my network) and the GPS fix being a LITTLE slow. Not really slow, so I wouldnt really call it an issue.

Amazing work! Great to see the ROM back and running this well ;)

Guest Len Ash
Yes, I agree screen is brighter compared to MCRr4 (2.1) and de-crossed (cheque) r0.2

I'm having fun and games with APKtools not compiling at the moment, I'm trying to integrate another screen brightness LUT and Frankish's circle mod...

Ho hum, Windows 64 ....

Guest Simon O
A few people have commented on slow GPS fix. My first fix took longer than on previous roms, I have also noticed that although coarse location works it puts me a couple of miles to the west of where I really am.

My previous roms (stock, MCRr4 (2.1) and de-crossed (cheque) r0.2) and a pulse mini all put me at the phone mast 100m from my house.

I used the Antennas application and this shows that I am connected to the same mast. If the coarse location passed to the GPS is out by this amount it could also be causing the slow GPS fix problem people are experiencing.

Yeah I'm currently testing some fixes for the GPS as it seems slow to lock in r7.

Guest Simon O
i still haven't got time to update to r7a (i've been busy these days). tomorrow i will have time to upgrade, but if you tell me that there are chances to have r8 next week, i will wait (to avoid installing apps and setting my phone again and again). of course it's just an indication to know if it's better to upgrade tomorrow or no, there's no prob if the r8 will be delayed.

Hopefully I'll have r8 released in the next day or two.

Hi there,

first of all, very cool job with the MOD! It was the first time for me with an android and I used the r6 version with great pleasure.

Today I tried to update to r7a as it was mentioned that a wipe was not necassary. Everything worked out fine, but I can't connect to the email anymore. A few investigations have turned out that you the r7a has the email version 2.2.1 onboard, whereas the r6 had the 2.2.2. I think there was a change in between the version affection connectivity with Exchange 2010 and security policies which prevent me now from access the emails. So two points:

1. Was there a reason that you went a version backwards?

2. Could you use the newer 2.2.2 in your next batch or point me in the direction on how I get the new version installed? I tried a few things(copying the apk file from the old release on the phone and installing etc.) but nothing worked so far

It would be great if someone could help me!

thanks a lot,

Hirsel

Hi,

just for guys who have the same problem, i extractehd the apk file from the r6 and copied that on my phone via adb push and it is now working again!

cheers,

Hirsel

Guest Simon O
Hi,

just for guys who have the same problem, i extractehd the apk file from the r6 and copied that on my phone via adb push and it is now working again!

cheers,

Hirsel

Thanks for that. I don't know how I managed to released r7 with an older app but r8 will contain the email app from 2.2.2 which fully works.

Guest zaphan58
Hopefully I'll have r8 released in the next day or two.

Are there likely to be any major changes? I'm having a problem with Japanese Jelly and am thinking of flashing to your current release today. ;)

Guest Simon O
Are there likely to be any major changes? I'm having a problem with Japanese Jelly and am thinking of flashing to your current release today. ;)

Yes thee has been many major changes between r7 and r8. I'll post the full list when I release.

Guest zaphan58
Yes thee has been many major changes between r7 and r8. I'll post the full list when I release.

Thanks. I'll hold off flashing until you release r8 ;)

Guest rutteger

Just given r7a a try. Very good it is too.

Contacts work a treat, facebook and twitter merge.

Couple of minor points,

->In the call log the expand/collapse item icon shows as a little monster face. Is this as designed?

->The email client listed as 2.2.1 doesn't work too well using exchane 2007 active sync. Hopefully the move to 2.2.2 will address these, might go back to r6 to give this a try. Out of interest the email client in Paul's r1 ROM was also listed as 2.2.1 yet is somewhat different to this ROMs mail client. What have I missed??

Guest Laus_bub

@flibblesan

keep up with your excellent work.

I am running r6 and will also wait for r8 to come and fix some issues.

Thanks for keeping develloping for free - I just supported your work with a small donate via google checkout.

Thanks again!

Guest armadon
@flibblesan

keep up with your excellent work.

I am running r6 and will also wait for r8 to come and fix some issues.

Thanks for keeping develloping for free - I just supported your work with a small donate via google checkout.

Thanks again!

Totally agree and just did the same!

flibblesan, thank you very much! ;)

Guest saturnreturn

Any chance that r8 can include a small change to the "Phone is SIM Network Subset Locked" message to make it something shorter that fits on one line?

It just a slight irritation that happens when unlocking, that if you draw the wrong pattern, your finger immediately goes to redraw it properly, but in the meantime the message changes to say "Sorry, try again", which fits on one line and causes the unlock pattern grid to shift up slightly, which can then mean that you draw it wrong a second time, and have to do it a third time!

Guest Simon O
Just given r7a a try. Very good it is too.

Contacts work a treat, facebook and twitter merge.

Couple of minor points,

->In the call log the expand/collapse item icon shows as a little monster face. Is this as designed?

Bug caused by the changes ZTE made to the framework. I've fixed it for r8

->The email client listed as 2.2.1 doesn't work too well using exchane 2007 active sync. Hopefully the move to 2.2.2 will address these, might go back to r6 to give this a try. Out of interest the email client in Paul's r1 ROM was also listed as 2.2.1 yet is somewhat different to this ROMs mail client. What have I missed??

The application has been updated to 2.2.2 which should work fine. The application in r7 was from Cyanogenmod which has the bug (and not fixed yet I believe). Using the application direct from AOSP should be fine.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Any chance that r8 can include a small change to the "Phone is SIM Network Subset Locked" message to make it something shorter that fits on one line?

Already fixed along with the airplane mode message

It just a slight irritation that happens when unlocking, that if you draw the wrong pattern, your finger immediately goes to redraw it properly, but in the meantime the message changes to say "Sorry, try again", which fits on one line and causes the unlock pattern grid to shift up slightly, which can then mean that you draw it wrong a second time, and have to do it a third time!

Haven't noticed that. I'll turn on the pattern unlock and test it.

Guest Simon O

r8 uploaded and released on the first page.

r7 users can upgrade to r8 without wiping

r6 users must have the contacts caller ID fix to upgrade to r8. If you don't then you will have to wipe and install fresh.

Any force closes after upgrading - wipe.

Backup before installing.

(just realised I look like I'm talking to myself with 4 posts...)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Bananazx

Help needed.

I installed the r7a version. It went well. I checked the size and everything and they are fine. It even boots to numlock screen. But when I try to open numlock my problem starts.

First comes window saying "Sorry! Process system is not responding" And option is "Force close" or "Wait". If I wait or force close it start popping up more "Sorry!" windows saying "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again." Option is "Force close". Then there's another window saying "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly". Then there's one last windows saying The Application setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly."

When I click force close to everything, it just pops them up again. I can only turn my phone off and nothing else.

Need help! D :