[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest The Soup Thief
Guys,

I've been using this since release and am very happy with it.

First day I noticed the Dialer munching through battery (allegedly) but now when I go to battery use there is no dialer icon there.

I'm getting similar if not better battery than 2.1

Flash support for our device would be nice Adobe!

Andy

Hi Andy

I thought the same (and actually, I'm still finding power usage to be not noticably different from previous 2.1 ROMs) but as kuji pointed out yesterday, Power Tutor (which didn't list dialler's battery usage) may have been misleading me (it lists apps' power usage - dialler may not be classed as the same)

Just looking at "Battery Usage" tab in "Battery Monitor" app - it reckons Dialer usage is 82% of current total, with Android System making up the bulk of the rest at 17%

Not really sure which to go by, but either way I'm getting a good day and a half of light - medium use out of a full charge, which will serve me just just fine - if a later release can improve on this I'll be well pleased

Guest MaxxieB

Right Sorry if i sound like a complete n00b but this is my first post on modaco B)

And After installing this Rom via clockwork recovery im shocked at how much faster my phone is!

Thanks for the hard work that must have gone into this Rom :) :)

Guest Stevieblueyez

Flashed this on using the Clockwork recovery mod.

When it eventually rebooted, I'm getting this error messages come up repeatedly

"Sorry!

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Then there's a 'Force Close' button.

I also get

"Sorry!

The application process.com.android.email has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Anyone else seen this?

lets me scroll through screens left and right as normal, some apps start, but wholly doesn't work.

Flashed this on using the Clockwork recovery mod.

When it eventually rebooted, I'm getting this error messages come up repeatedly

"Sorry!

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Then there's a 'Force Close' button.

I also get

"Sorry!

The application process.com.android.email has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Anyone else seen this?

lets me scroll through screens left and right as normal, some apps start, but wholly doesn't work.

Did you wipe first?

Guest darky4e
How long did you leave it? It can take quite a while to boot up the first time.

I have waited 26 minutes. I think its more than enough. We have different zte's. 256Mb ram edition like the chinese. 2.1 roms run smootly but can't boot with 2.2! now i will try logcat

Guest Stevieblueyez
Did you wipe first?

Nope, didn't wash my hands afterwards either. LOL!

No, like a prize clown I went and charged in to apply the FROYO and recalled reading about the wipe as the progress bar on Clockword mod was scrolling to the right.

Had to revert to the R4 and now the Home button doesn't work, I've lost all my contacts etc etc. Oh well. Serves me right.

Think I'll wipe it and start from scratch with the Froyo. So just to clarify, do I want the Wipe Data/Factory Reset or do I want the Wipe Cache Partition.

Secondly, I took a backup 'after' I splatter the Froyo image ontop of R4 on my phone. Is there a way to lift the contacts from that backup onto the Froyo after I start from scratch? (or have I lost those for ever?)

Guest Stevieblueyez

No, like a prize clown I went and charged in to apply the FROYO and recalled reading about the wipe as the progress bar on Clockword mod was scrolling to the right.

Had to revert to the R4 and now the Home button doesn't work, I've lost all my contacts etc etc. Oh well. Serves me right.

Think I'll wipe it and start from scratch with the Froyo. So just to clarify, do I want the Wipe Data/Factory Reset or do I want the Wipe Cache Partition.

Secondly, I took a backup 'after' I splatter the Froyo image ontop of R4 on my phone. Is there a way to lift the contacts from that backup onto the Froyo after I start from scratch? (or have I lost those for ever?)

Never mind.

I wiped both and for some reason having done the Froyo install again they're all there?

Happy days!

Guest The Soup Thief

Hi,

Before installing I wiped tboth the Data and the Cache from within Clockwork and things worked out peachy

Reckon you can just pull your contacts off the Google (if you had em there)

Not sure whether clockwork saves your contacts or not

EDIT:

you beat me to the draw! Glad it worked out B)

Edited by The Soup Thief

guys i have problem with typing..it does not happen all the time..but sometime when I try to type something keyboard popup but there is no text at all when I type.only see the key poping up?..does this happen to anyone else..though restart does the job for now.

Guest Aranathos

I've removed some of the .apk files in the system\app folder and added everything back to an archive (.zip).

When I boot into Clockwork Recovery and look for the ROM I can't see the modified one, only the original. I thought this was unsigned for this very purpose?

I've removed some of the .apk files in the system\app folder and added everything back to an archive (.zip).

When I boot into Clockwork Recovery and look for the ROM I can't see the modified one, only the original. I thought this was unsigned for this very purpose?

use 7zip not winzip

That way you can remove apps and close the zip safely and it will still work fine

About to dive into this. Renamed the zip file to update.zip and I'm going to wipe the data and devik cache. My 2.1 MCR R4 has been really sluggish so hopefully this'll boost it a little.

Oh crap. I renamed the file as 'update.zip' and its now appearing on the phone as 'update.zip.zip'. It shouldn't affect the installation or anything right?

edit: Its worked! Running through the setup procedure now.

Edited by bigisy

About to dive into this. Renamed the zip file to update.zip and I'm going to wipe the data and devik cache. My 2.1 MCR R4 has been really sluggish so hopefully this'll boost it a little.

Oh crap. I renamed the file as 'update.zip' and its now appearing on the phone as 'update.zip.zip'. It shouldn't affect the installation or anything right?

edit: Its worked! Running through the setup procedure now.

B) - In fact, you don't need to rename it - you can select the file you want to zip (unless you use the "flash update.zip" option).

Guest oiltrader

Hi, I am new to all this Android stuff. I am considering installing this new ROM FLB Froyo 2.2 onto the phone. But I want to know -

Does this void the warranty in any way?

Do you have to "root" the phone to install an OS? ( I know rooting a phone will invalidate a warranty)

I am just asking because I really don't want to lose my warranty at the expense of a better OS. I could live with my current Orange 2.1 OS.

Thanks guys! B)

Guest robot1000
Hi, I am new to all this Android stuff. I am considering installing this new ROM FLB Froyo 2.2 onto the phone. But I want to know -

Does this void the warranty in any way?

Do you have to "root" the phone to install an OS? ( I know rooting a phone will invalidate a warranty)

I am just asking because I really don't want to lose my warranty at the expense of a better OS. I could live with my current Orange 2.1 OS.

Thanks guys! B)

Yep all Custom ROMs (on this forum) require rooting which 'invalidates' the warranty.

You can always flash the original software if returning the phone for a repair/exchange which covers it up a bit.

Guest DannyDirect

Hello again guys,

Fantastic work on the ROM but I've hit a rather big problem.

I'm using a ZTE Blade (Orange SanFrancisco) and every time I try to connect to Market (or add Google account) I get the message

"Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server."

I've tried EVERYTHING that I've been able to Google.

Tried fresh install and enabled only 3G, cleared all cache and data, taken SIM out and tried, enabled Syncing, everything I've found on Google I have tried.

Please help, this would be the perfect Froyo ROM if it wasn't for this problem.

Thanks, Danny of ParaHelix.

Guest IronDoc
Hello again guys,

Fantastic work on the ROM but I've hit a rather big problem.

I'm using a ZTE Blade (Orange SanFrancisco) and every time I try to connect to Market (or add Google account) I get the message

"Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server."

I've tried EVERYTHING that I've been able to Google.

Tried fresh install and enabled only 3G, cleared all cache and data, taken SIM out and tried, enabled Syncing, everything I've found on Google I have tried.

Please help, this would be the perfect Froyo ROM if it wasn't for this problem.

Thanks, Danny of ParaHelix.

I thought connecting through 3G first was a reliable fix. You try wiping everything, then signing into gtalk before the market (obviously with wifi off)?

Guest germcevoy

My compliments. Runs as smooth as butter. Installed last night and just had my best days battery performance today. Brilliance. This is one device that keeps on giving.

Guest germcevoy

Now a snag. My red LED keeps coming on. It goes out when the device sleeps but comes straight back on when awake. I have no notifications or apps running that could be triggering this. Rebooting clears it but it will soon come back on again.

Any ideas?

Guest The Soup Thief
Wow, excellent ROM! My cameras B&W but apart from that it's all working great.

Hiya - I had that initially but it's automagically mended itself

Recommend you act as if it were in colour and suddenly you just might find that it really is B)