[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Not able to launch titanium to do the backup, the screen gets stuck in "asking for root rights" and nothing happens after that.

I've had this a couple of times with r8, found it gets root if I put to sleep then retry.

Guest Simon O
Hi guys still wondering whether i can enable this line to 1 and what increase in hw performance i can expect?

# Uncomment below to enable using MDP for composition

#debug.sf.hw=0

It's a typo. It should said "disable using MDP"..

Guest Blues003

For some reason, my battery drains like mad on this ROM. It didn't happen on JJ RLS9. o_O

I will calibrate my battery, and in case that doesn't work, reflash the ROM as well. I am using the RLS 8a, with the 2nd OC addon, and at ~680 MHz of CPU Speed. I'll post my results tomorrow or so.

Hi!

I`m absolutely new and I try to follow all the instructions, but finishing the install and reboot I only got lines which are make a pretty x . Any help pls?

How long are you waiting? It will take a good few mins to boot for the first time.

Another possibly daft question but has this ROM broken the LED charge light behaviour. When charging with my phone completely turned off it never changes from red, is anyone else experiencing this? More importantly, is this damaging the battery at all or will it still cut off charging as before and it's merely a cosmetic change?

For what it's worth I've gone from stock on the San Francisco to this, my San Francisco was running OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 out the box and is a TFT model.

How long are you waiting? It will take a good few mins to boot for the first time.

Thx, I managed it now. I just recovered it than swap and reinstall.

Thank you guys you are doing great jobs in here!

Guest crumplycord

with the news of the 0x90 update coming shortly finally going to jump from r6 tp r8a but while im messing with my phone going to do a much needed spring clean. tried very hard to find the answer but cant find the relevant search string to land the answer. basically got a ext partition on my sd card so can see apps are being installed in that parttiion, is there any way to move the apps onto the phone memory i dont have that many apps sure they will fit on so i can format my memry card and start fresh. only way i can see at the moment is to do a titanium backup format the card as see which apps are missing and restore them. any help much appreciated thanks

Guest RottenFoxBreath
For some reason, my battery drains like mad on this ROM. It didn't happen on JJ RLS9. o_O

I will calibrate my battery, and in case that doesn't work, reflash the ROM as well. I am using the RLS 8a, with the 2nd OC addon, and at ~680 MHz of CPU Speed. I'll post my results tomorrow or so.

Overclocking, and with no battery calibration, will no doubt lead to a shorter battery life.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hi I am new to using this phone, I tried to upgrade but it is stuck at the loading X graphic, help!

Followed instructions perfectly.

Either go back into clockwork, and clear the cache/factory reset, or reflash the rom, but don't flash anything else until you reboot it at least once.

Did you wipe? You did not restore system apps, did you?

Move them to the phone, widgets, keyboards and live wallpapers MUST remain on the phone (apps2sd, move2sd)

Widget picker

It is already enabled. It uses hardware acceleration for the user interface.

I see, where is it enabled out of interest though? @fibblesan so far im loving this rom absolutely no problems at all on my 4 month old blade! btw what is MDP?

PS is anyone able to post screenshots of the gingerbreak theme pack im undecided as to whether to flash it thanks!

Edited by tom619

Guest blackbart
Now that the pattern unlock message has been shortened, my one and only remaining qualm is that of the volume button rockers not having a silent -> vibrate -> sound progression. This was something Google removed in 2.2, so not actually a problem with this ROM specifically. Now you pretty much have to choose between always vibrate, or never vibrate, whereas I'd like an "extra silent" mode like 2.1 and earlier versions had so that at night I don't get disturbed by it vibrating on the desk. Some ROMs have added this feature back in, so I'm guessing it's not too difficult...?

I got Silent Sleep (free app) installed on mine, think it should do what ur asking for.

Another possibly daft question but has this ROM broken the LED charge light behaviour. When charging with my phone completely turned off it never changes from red, is anyone else experiencing this? More importantly, is this damaging the battery at all or will it still cut off charging as before and it's merely a cosmetic change?

For what it's worth I've gone from stock on the San Francisco to this, my San Francisco was running OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 out the box and is a TFT model.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am.

Edited by manji

My apps arent installing to my sd card by default, any reason why? Other than that and that doesnt really bother me that much this rom is excellent.

Edited by tom619

Guest Simon O
My apps arent installing to my sd card by default, any reason why? Other than that and that doesnt really bother me that much this rom is excellent.

Do you have your SD card partitioned? If you don't then the phone will use the Froyo method of moving apps which not all applications support and not all will move to SD by default.

If you dont have your SD card partitioned then you can install Move2SD enabler root from the market and set it to force all apps to install to the SD.

If you leave the phone on charge it will eventually change to green, be patient! Green indicates over 90% charged.

Sounds like you may need to re-calibrate your battery stats. See here.

Hope this helps... :P

Guest Rotmann
Thanks flibblesan for your good work!

I have a question during finding the problem of Button Savior. It's not stable on R7 nor R8a on my Blade, sometimes it can't get rooted.

Try SoftKeys, look for my guide on the forum (softkeys guide), it's a little fiddly in setting up but it replaced button savior on my SanFran because of the numerous settings.

Not able to launch titanium to do the backup, the screen gets stuck in "asking for root rights" and nothing happens after that. When i opened superuser privilege app, nothing fishy in it. I downloaded Root checker app and it said "You dont have root access".

Downloaded universal androot and click on Go root. It says it is rooted now. But still titanium stuck on the same screen. Any help?

Did you press Problems? It will install a new BusyBox.

Actually I've tried SoftKeys. Although most of the times it will get rooted, but I always get a message such as "not finding su in /system/bin". That makes me come to my mind if it is the problem of PATH somewhere.

Of cource before every test, I've done wipe for system, cache and dalvik, and I didn't use any backup program to restore because I want to make a possible clear background.

By using Root Checker, in the test of "verify root access", R8a is passed, but in the test of "verify Busybox installed", R8a will end by false.

In R6, Busybox is in /system/bin; su is in /system/xbin

In R8a, Busybox and su are both in /system/xbin

comparing with RLS9, Busybox is in /system/xbin; su is in /system/bin

I'm quite unfamiliar with Linux, but wanna know: which path for Busybox and su are better and why?

And my question above(Post 3289), is the path of su in init.rc from R8a needed changing?

Edited by Gued

Could you add the Powerwidget from JJ9 or a way to customize the buttons?

Specially with 0x90 Mod it would be nice to hava a Data On/Off switch or be able to customize it like in CM.

Just replace /system/app/settings.apk with JJ9's

Specially with 0x90 Mod it would be nice to hava a Data On/Off switch or be able to customize it like in CM.

there is a modified settings.apk including the data toggle on the first page of this thread :P

EDIT: ok there was, I don't see it anymore

Edited by Fi5h