[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Rotmann
Thanks guys. Sorry that r9 hasn't been released yet but sadly a few of the planned fixes still haven't been done. I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to fix the signal bars. I have since noticed that the display is only cosmetic as third party apps are seeing the correct signal strength so I don't believe the phone is losing network because of this. Talking of the loss of network with wifi enabled issue that people are reporting. Sadly I'm no closer to finding what is causing this or even replicating the bug myself. I know some people have mentioned that forcing the phone to use 2G only causes this but I've tried this myself and I dont lose network. Stumped a bit :D

What I may just do in the next few days is release r9 as it is with the new kernel etc then spend time trying to sort these issues out.

Take your time, don't put too much pressure on you.

Guest Simon O

The cell signal has been looked at and the rom is using the correct values so I'm happy to say theres no issue with that. Still need to find out exactly why some people are losing cell when wifi is enabled though. I've been given some pointers and I've read several reports and nothing seems to give a clear indication of the cause sadly. But I'll keep at it.

Guest Blues003
The cell signal has been looked at and the rom is using the correct values so I'm happy to say theres no issue with that. Still need to find out exactly why some people are losing cell when wifi is enabled though. I've been given some pointers and I've read several reports and nothing seems to give a clear indication of the cause sadly. But I'll keep at it.

Please do. That didn't happen when I was using JJRLS9, but does now on FLB R8a. Even without Wi Fi turned on. O_o

Edited by Blues003

Guest Frankish

Just want to chime in and say i have no issue with network dropping whatsoever. I live ina really poor g/H area too where it jumps between 2g and 3g all the time. No issues still.

Guest DerLoony
Just want to chime in and say i have no issue with network dropping whatsoever. I live ina really poor g/H area too where it jumps between 2g and 3g all the time. No issues still.

second that

besides this, thanks for your great work! :D

Guest reluctant_traveller
second that

besides this, thanks for your great work! :D

3rd that, and bizarrely, my wife's SF that has JJRLS9 installed DOES have this issue.

I think that there must be something happening at installation stage, or a combination of hardware variance coupled with particular software setups.

I seem to have been lucky with the roms I have installed up to now :D

Guest dadashi

This is a great rom, better than anything the vendors have given us so far...

I've had no signal drop-off or anything similar.

Most of the problems users complain about are due to their inadequate knowledge of using an android smartphone...

Guest Rotmann

+1 no signal drops here too. Noticed signal drops when Wi-Fi enabled/disabled on the de-softened 0.3 and on the de-crossed 0.2. Crazy.

Guest Putterill
This is a great rom, better than anything the vendors have given us so far...

I've had no signal drop-off or anything similar.

Most of the problems users complain about are due to their inadequate knowledge of using an android smartphone...

I can assure you that the signal drop issue is very real, I've had it on all 2.2 roms I've tried, there's no need for smart arse remarks like that.

Guest Blues003

So far, here are the issues I've had with this ROM, version r8a (4 days of use now):

- Home key stopped working for some reason; reflashing the ROM wouldn't solve it. I had to actually factory reset and then flash the ROM. That solved the problem.

- Network signal dropps occasionally, regardless of Wi Fi being active or not. Since I factory reseted, the issue appears to be gone. (around 4 hours have gone).

- I cannot send or receive MMSs. I have set APNs with both APN Portugal and APNpt, which worked well on the JJRLS9 ROM. I have no idea what is causing this. Although I'm using Handcent SMS, I did change the settings on the original Messaging app to "N95" - even when using that app, sending/receiving MMS proved impossible.

That is all. I am using the r8a version, with the patternlock fix, Kernel2 OC add-on, and Frankish's Blue Gingerbread Theme.

Edited by Blues003

Guest dadashi
I can assure you that the signal drop issue is very real, I've had it on all 2.2 roms I've tried, there's no need for smart arse remarks like that.

you know what they say about pc hitches... the problem's sat before the screen.... :D

anyway you say it's with all the 2.2 roms you've tried...

I'd say maybe it's a low battery problem, doesn't have enough juice to keep both on the go...or power management, it's conserving juice to keep both on the go...

Edited by dadashi

Have you considered it might be a hardware issue and not rom related?

To test flash back the stock Orange rom and check it out - if it still does it it's hardware related

Guest dnaumov

I've been recently having some issues with Jellyfish RLS9 (MMS doesn't work no matter what, battle.net authenticator app forcecloses on launch most of the time, screen randomly decides to stay pitch black when a call is incoming) and considering that Jellyfish is no longer maintained/updated, I've been looking at giving the FLB-Froyo G2 a go. I have some questions:

I currently have Clockwork 2.5.1.8 in my Blade, will I need to update to 3.0.0.5 or newer to install this ROM?

If the answer to above is yes, is Clockwork 3.0.0.5 backwards compatible with backups taken using 2.5.1.8?

I have taken a backup of my setup using the stock 2.1 rom as well as a backup of my setup using 2.2 Jellyfish RLS9. I want to give FLB-Froyo G2 a go, but I don't want to find myself in a situation where I cannot rollback to a previously known working state using Clockwork.

just a quick question, im running R8a with the gingerbread theme, its really nice but the battery icon percentage text is so small, does anybody know how i can have the circle mod battery with black background without losing the rest of the gingerbread theme im already running? thanks

Guest targetbsp
I currently have Clockwork 2.5.1.8 in my Blade, will I need to update to 3.0.0.5 or newer to install this ROM?

If the answer to above is yes, is Clockwork 3.0.0.5 backwards compatible with backups taken using 2.5.1.8?

It works fine with 2.5.1.8. In fact it says so (stating it as the minimum version) in huge red letters on post 1 :D

Guest targetbsp
just a quick question, im running R8a with the gingerbread theme, its really nice but the battery icon percentage text is so small, does anybody know how i can have the circle mod battery with black background without losing the rest of the gingerbread theme im already running? thanks

The Gingerbread Circle Theme from this thread is what you want: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...d-theme-thread/

I use it too. :D

Guest Down&Out

Not sure if this has happened to people, but there isnt a messaging section on the bar at the bottom like there was on the stock rom.

So when i get a text, i have no way of knowing because even when you put the messaging icon on the homescreen, there is no counter to show how many messages you have got.

Anyone got round this?

Quick question, mates phone number begins +44 in my contacts however when he rings it comes up as an 07 number and not recognised as being one of my contacts? dont remember having this problem with other roms but its not a big deal