[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Surmoka

I must say that all known (to me) issues seem to have been fixed with the latest version of this ROM. Really impressive.

However, when coming back from airplane mode, my GSM won't initialize again, I have to reboot.

I experienced the same with all 2.1 (Eclair) ROMs I've tried, so dunno if it is a hardware bug (probably not) or just a long-standing firmware malfunction.

Guest targetbsp
Launcher option?

Expand?

On the homescreen press menu then preferences and where you go from there will depend on your launcher. In launcher pro it's under dock settings.

Guest admanirv

Guys,

Sorry if i have the wrong end of the stick, but does this rom has issues with displaying the correct signal strength?

Also are there any problems using the overclocked kernel with RDS?

I'm going to try fibblesans ROM as opposed to JJ RSL9 which I'm running now, I'm skeptical to if its any better but i will see. Thanks for your effort fibblesan, i think its time to try your ROM, good work mate!

Thanks

Guest Blasphemous
Quick question, mates phone number begins +44 in my contacts however when he rings it comes up as an 07 number and not recognised as being one of my contacts? dont remember having this problem with other roms but its not a big deal

Simply replace the +44 number you have in your contacts with the 07 number.

Hi thanks for the help I had the same problem...

@flibblesan please check your email I need it....

Guest targetbsp
How come on the gingerbread keyboard I can't change the theme or layout? In advanced settings there blancked out

You can only theme the paid version of the keyboard app.

Guest targetbsp

I have no idea what effect if any frankish's themes would have on a keyboard that's a third party app. The theme support in question is a feature some guy added onto the keyboard app.

Guest Stevvie

Does anybody know of a circle battery icon mod for this rom like the on for jellyfish ? I know that I can install a complete theme, but I just want the circle icon that shows the battery percent in the status bar.

Thanks

Guest Simon O
Does anybody know of a circle battery icon mod for this rom like the on for jellyfish ? I know that I can install a complete theme, but I just want the circle icon that shows the battery percent in the status bar.

Thanks

Give frankish a shout. He may be able to knock a theme up for you.

Guest targetbsp

Thanks

If you're using the gingerbread pack then the only difference between what you have and a downloaded theme is the battery circle so you may as well just use the theme. If you're using stock Froyo then I don't know of one

Guest Stevvie

As for the circle battery mod I found out about http://circle.glx.nl/ , all you have to do is select the type of icon you want and then upload the ramework-res.apk from inside the update file and it generates the icon for you. You can also change a few things like the window animations and other icons. I can upload the file somewhere if anybody else wants it.

Guest Steveharr

If you travel abroad often, or phone international numbers this could be a bit annoying to remove the country code. Why not ADD the 07 number to the contact as another number.

Edited by Steveharr

Guest spanner44

I have had my blade for just over a week, and replaced the stock with this Rom straight away. I picked this rom (r8a)over others as moving from the Pulse I have used fibbles FLB mod on it, so know that he does a good job. From what I have found when using this rom is that I get the battery to last all day, unless I use a lot of gps, The gps works great, the signal bars in general seem to work okay, i haven't as yet noticed any loss of signal strength. When the Wi-Fi is on, I still receive calls and can make calls as well as texts etc.

The only thing I have noticed is that when it sleeps and then I wake it up, sometimes the w-ifi does not automatically connect, or seems to do so, although in the settings it says it is on, so not sure if it is really working when the no wifi symbol is showing or not. Strangely though, when I am out and about it has no problem finding unlocked open wi-fi signals and connecting to them>

Overall, this is an excellent Fast Rom, and can't thank Fibble enough for his hard work, and look forward to any further improvements (although not sure what more he could do) with his nex version.

Guest SqueakyG
Sorted the launcher thing by adding launcher pro.

Bit slow, but better than having no text notification.

You're the only person I've ever heard of who has said this :D Most people remark that LauncherPro makes their phone feel faster than the standard launcher.

Just want to chime in and say i have no issue with network dropping whatsoever. I live ina really poor g/H area too where it jumps between 2g and 3g all the time. No issues still.

I also have never had any issues with signal, apart from general orange issues - but that's been present on all roms.

Also since using this rom I have not had to install the Blade Fix app for wifi - it's never had problems connecting from sleep

Guest Salsaholic

Moved to FLB r8a from JJ6 last night and everything looks fine so far. I'm still not fully impressed with the speed, to me the 2.1 ROMs (like Hungarian Hedgehog) felt slightly smoother, for example scrolling in Launcher Pro's App Drawer is a bit jerky (same on JJ6 and FLB r8a). Did anyone else see this?

(and yes, I gave the scripts time to run and also rebooted a few times)

Feels a tiny bit faster than JJ6, but maybe that's just a placebo "new thing better" effect :D

An I can finally see my network name again - I wasn't even able to fix that on JJ even using libs from the FLB ROM.

All in all I am quite happy with this ROM so far - thanks a lot flibblesan!

Guest The_Duck

After a somewhat rocky start with my new Blade I have gotten around to flashing R8a +GB Theme Pack.

This is after finally finding Blade drivers that installed on both my Lappy (XP) and desktop (Win7) and getting connected to the phone to transfer .img's and .zip's needed to make it all work. Then trying to follow the various guides for each step. Not criticism of things.. just a newbie experience.

My hat goes off to all the crew who develop this ROM and the add on packs etc that compliment the ROM so well.

Not sure on the status of Flibblesan's donation site but I would happily donate if someone can point me in the right direction :-)

Cheers all.

Guest stealthyboss

Can anyone tell me how to disable hardware acceleration? And can i delete all languages apart from english how? And can you upload stock froyo theme i installed gingerbread but dont like it.

Edited by stealthyboss