[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Is it possible to add our own APK files to the zip file (in the same location as the other APKs) and get them installed to the /sys area in ROM?

Would that work okay?

Yes, as long as you don't add too many & make it too big for your phone. A few apps have lib files that need to be copied to /system/lib too, if you open the apk in a zip program & it has a lib/armeabi folder, then those files need to go in system/lib or the app will just force close.

I'm not sure why flb moved facebook & twitter to /data in this rom, maybe it's to save space for smaller /system partitions, or in case they get updated, so they don't end up taking double the space. Any updates for system apps will go to /data & your old version will be left in /system, so it's best not to include large apps that often get updated in /system. You can't (easily, without titanium) uninstall apps in /system either.

If you fix the updater-script (may not be necessary for clockwork 3), then you can copy /data/app off your phone & into that directory in the rom update zip, that way you can wipe data & keep your apps. Just add the following line to META-INF/com/google/android/updater script, at line 7

package_extract_dir("data", "/data");

Edited by wbaw

Hey Flib, brilliant work on the ROM!

I just have a question:

Will the support for the landscape orientation of the home screen be possible for this phone at all?

Thank for the brilliant work! Keep it up :D

Guest tanivula

I just have a question:

Will the support for the landscape orientation of the home screen be possible for this phone at all?

Try a different launcher - it's changing orientation fine for me using Go Launcher Ex (free)

I just have a question:

Seconded.

Just updating now, looking good :D

Hmmm, but what are the differences between different launchers =S (sorry for such a stupid question)

Would it be possible for flib to incorporate it into his next ROM?

Guest targetbsp
Why have facebook and twitter been moved from /system/app to data/app? They seem like the only two that have moved.

I think a few people had complained that those 2 apps weren't updating from the market in the previous version so it may have something to do with that.

Guest Phil001

Hi, thanks for yet another update!

Will Frankish themes work ok on R9?

Thanks again

edit: seems the themes work fine.

ps has the reboot app been removed altogether now?

Edited by Phil001

Good rom, but theres a couple of bugs. The contacts app force closes if i try to join contacts. Also, I sometimes lose phone signal totally when it (re)connects to wifi.

Good rom, but theres a couple of bugs. The contacts app force closes if i try to join contacts. Also, I sometimes lose phone signal totally when it (re)connects to wifi.

I have the same force close on trying to join contacts in r9.

Guest m_w_clarke
I think a few people had complained that those 2 apps weren't updating from the market in the previous version so it may have something to do with that.

I removed the twitter app altogether and moved the facebook.apk to the the /system/app area in the zip.

I also removed the free gingerbread keyboard (Latin_IME.apk) from the /system/app and replaced with the paid version I got from the market (I backed it up before applying the new ROM and added it to the zip file in the same area).

At the same time, I also downloaded the new Clockwork (3.0.0.5), and upgraded from the 2.5.1.8 version.

Once flashed, I applied the blue gingerbread theme from Frankish's post in the Theme forum.

Everything went smoothly and I now have everything I need and want in a perfect ROM.

Thanks for you advice and thanks for Flib for creating this piece of brilliance!

Is nobody else having the market crash when installing an app? Is it just the fact i don't have a cache partition? I tried the ramdisk, also tried mounting /data/cache as /cache i'm going to try the symlink next, but it seems to crash every time. It worked fine on r8.

I'll look at the joining contact bug later.

Any chance of a fix for no cache partition, please? I've tried everything I can without repacking the kernel. A ramdisk doesn't work, mounting /data/cache as /cache doesn't work, symlinking it doesn't work. I've tried everything, the market crashes on installing or updating an app.

Also, car home has an update.

Edited by wbaw

Guest JohnDevol
Is nobody else having the market crash when installing an app? Is it just the fact i don't have a cache partition? I tried the ramdisk, also tried mounting /data/cache as /cache i'm going to try the symlink next, but it seems to crash every time. It worked fine on r8.

This happened to me as well when I carried out a wipe/factory restore and installed r9. I restored r8 using Clockwork and installed r9 over r8 and it now appears to be working okay. I know some users had this issue on earlier versions of this ROM and clearing the Market data helped a few of them.

This happened to me as well when I carried out a wipe/factory restore and installed r9. I restored r8 using Clockwork and installed r9 over r8 and it now appears to be working okay. I know some users had this issue on earlier versions of this ROM and clearing the Market data helped a few of them.

Yeah, I'm not sure it is related to having no /cache

I did a full wipe before installing r9, I don't think I have a backup of r8. I can't install anything from the market, it downloads fine, then the phone crashes when it's about to install.

I've wiped market data a few times, it still crashes on installs. I had to wipe market data to get the market to show all apps, even angry birds & gmail was missing before i did that, after wiping market data they re-appear though.

Losing mobile phone signal when wifi reconnects is annoying too, that also happened in r8a for me. It's about 1 in 5 times or something like that it happens, I have to disable & enable wifi to fix it.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Simon O
Any chance of a fix for no cache partition, please? I've tried everything I can without repacking the kernel. A ramdisk doesn't work, mounting /data/cache as /cache doesn't work, symlinking it doesn't work. I've tried everything, the market crashes on installing or updating an app.

Why do you not have a cache partition?

I have a 1.5mb /cache partition (300k free), because I repartitioned my phone to give me more room in /data /cache is mounted as a ramdisk. I don't think that's causing the problem though, it worked fine on r8 & apps are still downloading ok.

See this thread for why - http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-partition-mod/

Anyway, my problem is the market crashes every time I install an app, it's just before it installs, crash. JohnDevol had the same problem when he did a r9 install after wiping, see his comment above. I no longer think it's related to not having a proper /cache partition, the apps download fine & can been seen under /cache.

If I mount my mini cache partition, don't bother with the ramdisk hack & download a tiny app small enough to fit, it still crashes. So I don't think it's related to anything I've modified.

Edited by wbaw

Guest Simon O

Ok I understand the cache issue. If you've removed your cache partition then it'll mess up.

r8 and lower had a script which moved /cache to /data/cache. I removed the script as Darktremor A2SD offers the same function. However this seems not to be working on boot so I'll need to fix this and release an update.