[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

I've got my own script that moves the cache partition, I've tried several variations, they all work on any other rom & they appear to work on this rom too. I really don't think that's the issue. The apps are still downloading perfectly fine & even if I download a small app, with my script removed & the small cache partition mounted, it still crashes.

If it can't download the app because cache is too small or not mounted, it fails silently before it downloads.

With this it's a big crash after the app has downloaded, when it's trying to install.

Edited by wbaw

I'll look at the joining contact bug later.

Thanks mate. Its not a deal breaker and I must say this one is the best release so far. Very quick and very stable. Well done :D

As an a side, has anyone managed to get my phone number installed via the market by Lytsing so i can pop my phone number into the phone and get my contact picture showing on sms messages ? I read in this thread people were doing that but it refuses to install for me on r7, r8 and r9, just says install unsuccessful (wonder if its a A2SD issue ?).

Edited by danz0l

Guest Salsaholic

Wow, R9 - thanks Flib!

Few small questions:

• no slim version this time? I know I can remove some apps myself to make it fit, but the slim version came very convenient :D
  • Would it be possible to update the gingerbread theme with the 0x90-style power widget in status bar? This would be really nice!
    (BTW: Is this depending on framwork-res.apk? I used to mod mine with UOT Kitchen, wonder if that would kill the 0x90 mod again)
  • If I flash r9 over r8a w/o wipe, the reboot app should remain intact, right? If not, where can I get it? I only see different apps in market, although "Quick Boot" from Sirius looks very similar (but more options).

Danz0l

I have used the My Phone Number app with no problems.

On FLB r8a with A2SD to an EXT3 partition.

Thanks Pully, the bugger wont install for me from the market :D Its the only one that wont LOL

I get an UNKNOWN Reason -8 lol, its quite a non descriptive error. Tried on two phones, same issue.

Dont suppose you could attach your version ? Its free so breaking no rules.

Edited by danz0l

Guest NorthRiding
If you release an update, could you kindly re-implement the reboot functionality in Apps drawer and when shut down the phone? This would be highly appreciated.

Yes please, this is very useful and would be appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work FLB

Guest Simon O
If you release an update, could you kindly re-implement the reboot functionality in Apps drawer and when shut down the phone? This would be highly appreciated.

Sorry, won't be adding that. Use 0x90 mod if you need it badly.

Guest Simon O
I have a 1.5mb /cache partition (300k free), because I repartitioned my phone to give me more room in /data /cache is mounted as a ramdisk. I don't think that's causing the problem though, it worked fine on r8 & apps are still downloading ok.

See this thread for why - http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-partition-mod/

Anyway, my problem is the market crashes every time I install an app, it's just before it installs, crash. JohnDevol had the same problem when he did a r9 install after wiping, see his comment above. I no longer think it's related to not having a proper /cache partition, the apps download fine & can been seen under /cache.

If I mount my mini cache partition, don't bother with the ramdisk hack & download a tiny app small enough to fit, it still crashes. So I don't think it's related to anything I've modified.

Well the market is downloading apps and installing them fine here so I can only assume the issue is with resized cache partitions.

I'll look at the joining contact bug later.

1st of all congrats about the ROM, great work!

Sorry to bother you with this n00b question :D but is there any way to read the sim contacts without having to import them? This is, when I hit dialer show only my sim contacts :D

One thing that's happening with Search widget, when I click on it to search something, the widget bar goes to screen top, when I end searching and go back to homescreen the Seach widget stays at the top and I can't move it or delete it, the only way to take it out is rotating the phne, sorry if this is not entirely related to some rom setting.

Edited by Baltar

I noticed a new option in the home screen menu: Launcher settings

There are two options, 3d app drawer: enable 3d application drawer and Home rotation: enable home screen rotation

I can't enable home screen rotation.

Well the market is downloading apps and installing them fine here so I can only assume the issue is with resized cache partitions.

I can confirm it doesn't happen with stock partitions & an unmodified r9.

I think it was caused by another modification I made, I'd copied all the apps from my /data/app folder on my phone to the /data/app folder in the zip. Included in that was an updated market, vending.apk I believe that was causing my problem.

It did make me notice that the market needs updating, as well as car home, I'm trying it out now with the updated market app in /system.

Guest Simon O
How come you switched to DT A2SD? From my experience you have to manually enable it in terminal emulator. The old one worked fine and worked instantly.

Allows moving of dalvik cache to SD easily. And it works fine automatically.

Guest Simon O
I can confirm it doesn't happen with stock partitions & an unmodified r9.

I think it was caused by another modification I made, I'd copied all the apps from my /data/app folder on my phone to the /data/app folder in the zip. Included in that was an updated market, vending.apk I believe that was causing my problem.

It did make me notice that the market needs updating, as well as car home, I'm trying it out now with the updated market app in /system.

Yeah I'm trying to get the market app to update at the moment.. Car home is updated so I'll push out an update later.

Wasn't there a script for small cache partition users to help with the market issue? Does that not work?

Guest Simon O

Can't seem to get split/joining of contacts working in the CM Contact app. So whats more important for people? Rotation or split/join of contacts?

I'm close to just rolling back to AOSP app.

Power control widget has data toggle

I think I'm completely blind but I can't find how to enable it, I just have the default power control settings with Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Data and Brightness toggles.

I noticed a new option in the home screen menu: Launcher settings

There are two options, 3d app drawer: enable 3d application drawer and Home rotation: enable home screen rotation

I can't enable home screen rotation.

can you comment on this?

Is wipe needed when updating from r8 to r9?

no wipe needed.

Edited by sharix

Yeah I'm trying to get the market app to update at the moment.. Car home is updated so I'll push out an update later.

Wasn't there a script for small cache partition users to help with the market issue? Does that not work?

It works with an unmodified r9, with my ramdisk cache script applied. So it's not a bug in your rom, or a problem with a small cache partition, or a problem with my script to have /cache in a ramdisk. It's obviously something else that I've broken.

I want to run a modified version of r9, I made quite a lot of changes & it's something that I've done which has broken it. I modified build.prop & a few other config files, removed some apps, replaced the keyboard with the htc one & added a load of apps, including everything that was in my /data/app folder on my phone.

My current theory is that restoring my accounts with titanium messed it up, I'm going to try typing my password in manually this time ... just waiting for the first boot now.

I can upload the updated vending.apk & carhome.apk. I'm not sure if twitter needs updating too, it did in r8, i replaced it with the updated one from my phone.

The updater script for clockwork 2 wont update the data partition. So twitter & facebook dont get installed with an unmodified script using clockwork 2. I posted the fix a few pages back.

The joining contacts bug is pretty annoying to me & i'd never use a landscape mode launcher.

Losing the phone signal when wifi reconnects (usually after it was on 3g) is annoying too, that happened on r8 as well.

Edited by wbaw

Guest SqueakyG
There seems to be a small bug in the updater script for clockwork 2, I think it's missing this line

package_extract_dir("data", "/data");

So the contents of the /data directory (facebook, twitter) isn't installed with clockwork 2, not sure if it works with clockwork 3

Are you saying that FLB r9 won't install correctly using clockworkmod 2.5.1.8? Will it merely not install facebook and twitter, or will it cause problems by not setting up a data directory at all?

Apologies, I don't know anything about the complicated stuff, I just use clockworkmod like a layman. I would have no understanding of how to edit the script or anything like that.

Are you saying that FLB r9 won't install correctly using clockworkmod 2.5.1.8? Will it merely not install facebook and twitter, or will it cause problems by not setting up a data directory at all?

Apologies, I don't know anything about the complicated stuff, I just use clockworkmod like a layman. I would have no understanding of how to edit the script or anything like that.

It just doesn't copy facebook & twitter when you install the rom. you can download them from the market. theres also an install script related to a2sd which might not run, but i dont think it affects anything. It still sets the data directory up fine, but it should also install facebook & twitter there, it doesn't.

I'm not sure if clockwork 3 installs it correctly.

Edited by wbaw

Guest yggdrasil31
Can't seem to get split/joining of contacts working in the CM Contact app. So whats more important for people? Rotation or split/join of contacts?

I'm close to just rolling back to AOSP app.

I personnaly would prefer split/join contacts

thanks for the update anyway !