[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest SqueakyG

I haven't installed yet, but browsing the ROM I see that Quickoffice.apk has been removed. Is it safe to simply insert the quickoffice.apk from the r8a release?

Also is it safe to include com.modaco.reboot.apk from the r8a release?

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest ddxtreme

fibblesan, can i with you rom syncronize contacts with facebook even if is with "different" names?! because i have contact names different than facebook but i would like to sync them anyway, can i?

thanks =)

The facebook and twitter apps not installing is something I forgot to do sorry :D

r9a uploading (becoming a tradition now)

Have you tested the market?

Installing apps on the data partition is what broke the market for me, I've finally found the problem. My one line fix for the updater-script didn't work, that's what broke the market. It could be a permissions problem I think, you'll need to make sure your updater script is setting the right permissions, if you haven't already, mine didn't. it's more than a simple one line fix, you'll need at least 2 lines :D

Edited by wbaw

Guest Salsaholic

Why not simply do away with Twitter and facebook. Those who want this stuff can still install from market, including update reminders etc. ...

OT: Yeah, I'm probably too old to get the facebook craze... now there are even HTC facebook phones... wtf?

Hi,

I got this ROM it is quite good so far but I am having one problem. Often I have very low signal and somtimes I have no signal at all. I am on T - Mobile.

Why not simply do away with Twitter and facebook. Those who want this stuff can still install from market, including update reminders etc. ...

OT: Yeah, I'm probably too old to get the facebook craze... now there are even HTC facebook phones... wtf?

Well, you can always remove them if they're installed on /data.

If we can get this install script fixed it should mean I can pack up my own rom with all my apps in it too.

Can't seem to get split/joining of contacts working in the CM Contact app. So whats more important for people? Rotation or split/join of contacts?

I'm close to just rolling back to AOSP app.

Split/Join for sure.

Have you tested the market?

Installing apps on the data partition is what broke the market for me, I've finally found the problem. My one line fix for the updater-script didn't work, that's what broke the market. It could be a permissions problem I think, you'll need to make sure your updater script is setting the right permissions, if you haven't already, mine didn't. it's more than a simple one line fix, you'll need at least 2 lines :D

I'm pretty sure it's a permissions problem. I'm just not very familiar with these updater-scripts. Need to make sure that /data/app & everything inside it is owned by system.system rather than the default root.root otherwise it's going to break the market, badly.

Guest Simon O
I'm pretty sure it's a permissions problem. I'm just not very familiar with these updater-scripts. Need to make sure that /data/app & everything inside it is owned by system.system rather than the default root.root otherwise it's going to break the market, badly.

Should be right now. Tested it and the apps installed correctly.

r9a uploaded. Sorry haven't made an r9 to r9a update for this. Download the full rom and flash again. No wipe needed at all.

Guest dadashi

r9a uploaded. Sorry haven't made an r9 to r9a update for this. Download the full rom and flash again. No wipe needed at all.

Thanx Flibblesan, I've already put the r9 on, can I just flash over the r9 with the r9a? or do I have to go back to 8a again?

EDIT- You've already answered my question above, thanx again...

Edited by dadashi

that looks like the same fix to the updater-script that i did that broke everything for me. did you try installing any more apps from the market after you'd flashed this rom?

i think it needs some more set_perm() lines adding to the update script, i just don't know the syntax. /data/app & everything inside it needs to be owned by system.system

added...

i've run out of time to test it, but if it is a problem then adding this line to the update script should fix it

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0755, 0644, "/data/app");

that's if some random wiki page i found is right & the uid & gid for system is 1000, otherwise replace 1000 with the correct uid/gid for system.system

Edited by wbaw

Guest adamguest1985

Erm... r9 broke my wifi. It knows it's there, but doesn't seem to want to connect. With 3G on or off.

(On r8a if there was wifi it kicked the 3g off.)

Also, still no contact button in the messaging app. :D

Edited by adamguest1985

Guest tomthered

Flibblesan or any other knowledgeable person, is it possible to install this using the older Clockword Mod or do you have to have version 3? Also if I do an update with extras like the gingerbread theme do I just boot into recovery and then just choose Install zip from SDcard??

Edited by tomthered

Guest adamguest1985
Flibblesan or any other knowledgeable person, is it possible to install this using the older Clockword Mod or do you have to have version 3? Also if I do an update with extras like the gingerbread theme do I just boot into recovery and then just choose Install zip from SDcard??

Yes, and yes.

Guest Frankish
Allows moving of dalvik cache to SD easily. And it works fine automatically.

I haven't used it for a while maybe they changed it. You used to have to enable in terminal emulator :D

Guest m_w_clarke

No issues at all. With Facebook. Market. Contacts (I don't need to join etc).

All fine.

I've never ran a quadrant benchmark, but after downloading it form the Market I got a score of 909. Which means nothing to me until I saw the comparison to a Desire, Nexus One and Galaxy S; this beats it hands down! But, im not getting to excited, as I've read there maybe foul play at work.

This is R9 (not R9a)

Oh, this is using SetCPU set to 710MHz.