[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest mouseman99

Hi guys,

I need some help please. I changed to this ROM last night and before doing so backed up my SD card on my PC and also backed up apps using Titanium backup. The ROM is working fine although I cant restore all my apps from TB. There are 89 missing apps and when I run the batch is goes through the process but nothing appears in my app drawer

Any idea where they are going to and how I can get them back?

Hope someone can help

Guest bebop68
Is anybody else having WiFi/3G issues on r9(a)?

Adam - it may not be the rom so much as the rom in combination with your router. Some routers don't like some wifi chips with some drivers. Try a different router or find a hotspot somewhere..

Guest Simon O
that looks like the same fix to the updater-script that i did that broke everything for me. did you try installing any more apps from the market after you'd flashed this rom?

i think it needs some more set_perm() lines adding to the update script, i just don't know the syntax. /data/app & everything inside it needs to be owned by system.system

added...

i've run out of time to test it, but if it is a problem then adding this line to the update script should fix it

set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0755, 0644, "/data/app");

that's if some random wiki page i found is right & the uid & gid for system is 1000, otherwise replace 1000 with the correct uid/gid for system.system

Shouldn't make any difference. Market works fine here. I did test it before releasing the rom.

Wifi works fine. Nothing has changed regarding wifi between r8 and r9.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest adamguest1985

Flibble - If that's the case then I'd say it's the new switch affecting it somewhere. 8a worked fine before, then 9 didn't. Just rolled back from 9 to 8a again and my wifi works. :D

Guest Vansphone

Over the last two days I have bought a few apps and loaded a few free apps set up the phone to receive work email from my companies exchange server and my webmail provider.

If I reflash the phone will I have to do all this again or will Titanium Backup keep all the settings for the apps?

Is Titanium the best backup app?

Thanks

Is anybody else having WiFi/3G issues on r9(a)?

Initially I had no 3G though WiFi worked fine. A factory reset/data wipe sorted 3G.

Can I ask if there's a way to apply the Gingerbread theme pack without breaking the 0x90 mod?

Great work flibblesan!

Cheers, Paul

Guest SqueakyG

I am having the problem where installing anything from the Market crashes and reboots the phone.

My conditions: I used clockworkmod 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM. Wiped data/cache/factory reset beforehand. Moving from MCR r12 to this. Nothing special done to SD card - nothing done for A2SD etc.

r9a is working great otherwise: phone connection works while wifi is on, and wifi seems to wake up after sleeping. And it's all fast and smooth.

But this market thing is a problem. Flib, even though you can't replicate the problem yourself, please could you look deeper into wbaw's advice? It seems to be relevant.

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest Gerry P

"I've never ran a quadrant benchmark, but after downloading it form the Market I got a score of 909. Which means nothing to me until I saw the comparison to a Desire, Nexus One and Galaxy S; this beats it hands down! But, im not getting to excited, as I've read there maybe foul play at work.

This is R9 (not R9a)

Oh, this is using SetCPU set to 710MHz."

Yes you are right - unfortunately the activation of stagefright in R9 causes one of the tests in quadrant to complete in 0s, thereby giving a false (ie super fast) benchmark score...

Still a blinding ROM though.

Gerry

Edited by Gerry P

I am having the problem where installing anything from the Market crashes and reboots the phone.

My conditions: I used clockworkmod 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM. Wiped data/cache/factory reset beforehand. Moving from MCR r12 to this. Nothing special done to SD card - no partitions etc.

r9a is working great otherwise. But this is a problem.

Exactly the same problem for me. Trying to install an apk from market or from sd card results in a reboot. I flashed using clockwork 3.0.0.6 and wiped data, cache, dalvik etc...

My conditions: I used clockworkmod 2.5.1.8 to install the ROM. Wiped data/cache/factory reset beforehand. Moving from MCR r12 to this. Nothing special done to SD card - no partitions etc.

r9a is working great otherwise. But this is a problem.

same issue here, kind of a biggie. first custom rom i've put on my blade. moved from stock orange B08. full wipe, flashed using clockwork 3.0.5.

Guest SqueakyG

Plus I just realised, this ROM doesn't come with Titanium Backup, so I can't even install all my backed up apps while we wait for flibblesan to come up with a fix! Heh.

Guest Redflake
Adam - it may not be the rom so much as the rom in combination with your router. Some routers don't like some wifi chips with some drivers. Try a different router or find a hotspot somewhere..

I had problems getting wifi to connect after update to r9a but after restarting router all is now ok.

Can't see any other problems with this rom.

Best froyo rom by far. :D

Also no problems downloading and installing apps from market or sd card. I updated from r8a with no wipe, infact I have been on flb froyo r7-r8-r8a and now r9a. All with no wipes.

Edited by Redflake

Plus I just realised, this ROM doesn't come with Titanium Backup, so I can't even install all my backed up apps while we wait for flibblesan to come up with a fix! Heh.

I'm new to this but cant you reinstall Titanium back-up from the marketplace then I assume it will see your previous titanium back-ups made before installing 9a?

Guest NightSt@lk3r
I'm new to this but cant you reinstall Titanium back-up from the marketplace then I assume it will see your previous titanium back-ups made before installing 9a?

Im trying to install titanium backup on this rom now and my phone just keeps rebooting when it starts the install.

Guest John OD
Im trying to install titanium backup on this rom now and my phone just keeps rebooting when it starts the install.

I've just updated from the Modaco r3 2.1 rom and am having the same problem installing apps from the Market - I also don't have a custom cache and cleared all data/cache before installing the rom. Very nice rom otherwise - a very big step up!

Guest SqueakyG
Also no problems downloading and installing apps from market or sd card. I updated from r8a with no wipe, infact I have been on flb froyo r7-r8-r8a and now r9a. All with no wipes.

I think someone on the previous page explained how the problem won't happen if you install r8a, then install r9a without a cache/data wipe. But if you install r9a as a fresh new ROM with a cache/data wipe, this will happen.

No, the problem is that apps cannot be installed, either from the market or from SD card. An app installation causes the phone to reboot. So there is no way to install Titanium Backup.

Can I ask if there's a way to apply the Gingerbread theme pack without breaking the 0x90 mod?

Great work flibblesan!

Cheers, Paul

FYI: I applied 0x90's existing "0x90-flb-r8-final.zip" after the Gingerbread theme pack had overwritten the one in r9a & all appears well :-)

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest Salsaholic

I had no issues installing Titanium Backup. I recommend to download the apk BEFORE the update, put it on your SD card, so you don't need to download it with the new ROM. Saves you from either entering WIFI key again (Titanium can restore it for you) or wasting mobile traffic. Look here.

BTW. Titanium by far can't backup all what you might need:

- contacts - if not synced, save them! I'd recommend MyPhoneExplorer

- Launcher settings (for example Launcher Pro) - use the apps' backup mechanism

- Widgets - you'll need to place them again

- if you're not on a (good) data plan, store APNdroid on SD card and install it first thing to avoid cost through unintended data traffic

And beware of restoring system apps, especially when upgrading to a newer version of Android. This is bound to cause issues!

Batch restore is a no-go for me: Better back-up everything and selectively restore - restoring requires a lot of manual steps anyway. And it's a good chance to get rid of all the crap you once tried but never used :D

Guest NightSt@lk3r

I found CyanogenMod-7 RC1 so damn laggy, i tried 5 launchers and they were all laggy and choppy as hell, thats why i went to try this ROM, but as i can't install anything in this ROM its pretty much useless so back to trusty old just works Jap Jelly.