[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest theoscat

in my case,

it seems that the custom ringtone does not work here....

i tried both wav and mp3,

and i put those files under SD card/ringtone

is there any way to make it work?

Guest theoscat
This ROM is terrific, very fast and stable. I made myself a 'lite' version by ripping out anything I didn't need, the list of running processes is much neater now.

is that removing the unwanted apps from the directory flb-froyo-blade-r2a.zip\system\app will make it?

Guest bluecat64
in my case,

it seems that the custom ringtone does not work here....

i tried both wav and mp3,

and i put those files under SD card/ringtone

is there any way to make it work?

Ringdroid from the Market

Guest Aranathos
is that removing the unwanted apps from the directory flb-froyo-blade-r2a.zip\system\app will make it?

Yes.

I'm going to make a post out-lining all of the .apk's that are not required. Should have it done in a few hours.

Guest hegde19

I flashed 'flb-froyo-blade-r2a' rom using '2.5.0.9 r2: ClockworkMod Recovery'. Everything went fine till reboot. After reboot a white screen with "ZTE Quite Brilliant" has come and it blinks once in a while. I have waited aound 35mins now and still the same. This is my first custom rom flash. Can anyone help me if something has gone wrong? I see in other posts that it would take 3-5mins to boot after flashing.

Any help appreciate.

[update]Android 2.2 Froyo running now. Not sure why it was hanging in the above place. I have to go back to recovery mode again, did a factory reset and cache reset. and reboot. This time no blinking in the "ZTE Quite Brilliant" screen and device boots up in less than 3 minutes.

Hope this helps some one facing same situation. [update]

Regards

hegde19

Edited by hegde19

Guest Aranathos

Here is a list of .apk files that can be safely removed from the system\app folder. There are others, however these do not cause any instability.

amazonmp3.apk

CarDock.apk

CarHomeGoogle.apk

CarHomeLauncher.apk

com.google.tts-1.apk (Text-to-Speech)

com.schwimmer.android.wifistatus.apk

com.wsandroid.apk (WaveSecure)

FM_zte.apk (FM Radio)

GenieWidget.apk (News and Weather)

GoogleMyTracks.apk

GoogleShopper.apk

GoogleTranslate.apk

listen-1.1.4.apk

MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

PbAndroid.apk (Photobucket)

PicoTts.apk (Text-to-Speech)

Protips.apk (Home screen tips)

RomManager.apk

SpareParts.apk

Stk.apk (Manages multiple SIMs)

Street.apk (Google Maps Streetview)

Talk.apk (Google Talk)

TtsServies.apk (Text-to-Speech)

VoiceDialer.apk

VoiceSearch.apk

VpnServices.apk

Wiper.apk

Guest targetbsp

I have a program called Autostarts. When you try and disable Google Talk in it - it warns that doing so will cause the Market to be unable to download. Never mind removing it altogether! So... have you tried the Market since removing it?

I tried disabling Google Talk (on the off chance the warning was outdated) and then tried to download something in AppBrain and nothing happened. I then re-enabled Ggogle Talk and it worked again. With the Market being fairly temperamental anyway that's not too conclusive but...

Just to confirm you do NOT need a 3G connection to make this rom work

I had this installed during the week but went back to the Mocado rom

I just installed it again a few minutes ago

went to the bit where it said to sign in, and I was on GSM NOT 3G (my 3G signal is too low and unusable inside the house)

I signed into Google as it asked me to but then it seemed to freeze, it was stuck on the sign in screen for about 5 minutes

I turned the phone off, turned it on again and it tried to get me to sign in again

I pressed skip

checked I was signed into Gmail, got it to refresh and then signed into the Market and Voila all working 100%

I'm able to download off the market, the phone works fine

I'll probably fine some small niggles but for now its working almost perfectly.

Just tried GPS (compass and Maps) and it almost instantly got me to within 5metres of where I am and WiFi is turned off at the moment

so looks pretty good B)

Hi, I'm fairly noobish as it comes to android etc.

If I wipe data and cache to install this rom, will I loose my angry birds scores?

If so is there a way to backup and restore these?

Guess my wife will go nuts if I have to restart from scratch :-)

Guest oh!dougal
I have also similar problem.

Red notification LED keeps coming on. even there is no notification which trigger it.

Flashing RED indicates no mobile network signal. (On 2.1 at least ...)

Guest Afrodude
Hi, I'm fairly noobish as it comes to android etc.

If I wipe data and cache to install this rom, will I loose my angry birds scores?

If so is there a way to backup and restore these?

Guess my wife will go nuts if I have to restart from scratch :-)

You will loose all your applications and all your data. Backup with Titanium backup before.

Flashing RED indicates no mobile network signal. (On 2.1 at least ...)

It's not a flashing red notification light. It's a permanent red light and it has nothing to do with anything, just comes on randomly (and comes off randomly as well).

Guest mrchris

This has been briefly mentioned before in this thread but never followed up - I have now tried this ROM twice and on each occasion my phone has frozen on the lock screen (apparently randomly) and required a battery pull to resolve (i.e. even using the power button will not work - just brings up the menu but cannot use). I am not the only one with this issue as it has been mentioned by a few others.

I have gone back to 2.1 as this is slightly frustrating.

Anyone got any ideas as it would be great to come back to 2.2

Cheers

Wierd:

Although the maps and os map was working fine last night with the gps showing my location to within 10 metres

this morning its gone way off and showing me about 50 miles north of where I am and wont get any closer

Any ideas why?

This is the only fault I can find with it at the moment.

Guest zed2012

Just tried this RAM from the orginal alpha and everything works perfectly .. Thanks Fibblescan

Lew247 i had the same problem at first I gave it a minute or two to settle down B)

Hi there

Have tried to download this ROM several times but each time I am getting CRC errors.

Is there a mirror for it and is anyone else experiencing the same problems? CRC fails on a few files that differ slightly per download but always launcher.apk.

No problems downloading other ROM's.

Edit:

Got it working, downloaded it at a friends house instead. Must be a local issue to me only.

Works great and very quick, thanks Mr Fibble san... much appreciated. Now to break it B)

Edited by misae

Guest southpaw1

would anybody who has removed all the excess apps upload a lite version of this Rom please , cant seem to remove that wavesecure millarkey , and other non usefull for my needs apps , many thanks

Guest Flumpster
would anybody who has removed all the excess apps upload a lite version of this Rom please , cant seem to remove that wavesecure millarkey , and other non usefull for my needs apps , many thanks

There's nothing complicated about it. You unzip the rom, then you go into the system/app folder that you just extracted, delete com.wsandroid.apk and then rezip the rom.

If you want to delete others then do so.

Guest theoscat

when i woke up this morning,

i found out that the phone was in vibrate only mode,

but when i slept, i m pretty sure that i was not in that mode,

am i the only one having this situation?