[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest womble_sanfran
Hi, I'm new user in this side:-)

Can you help me? I bought ZTE blde from UK with modaco 2.2 OS.

I copied the the contacts and name from the sim to the phone but if somebody calls me i do not see the caller's name. I see only: "Incoming Call" and the number without the name.

What is reason of this? What can i do? I have to clerar the sim card from the contacts? Or what....?

Thank you.

Zoli

Err I think you have Pauls Modaco ROM so would be better asking your question in the thread relating to that ROM, it is stickied at the top. This thread is for the FLB rom.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Is it just me or is GoogleMaps missing from Ver10b

No biggie, just downloading it from the market.

Extras for r10/r10b (Facebook, Twitter, Chrome To Phone, Maps, CPU Control, Quickoffice, and TTS files)

Seperate download. :huh:

Guest shanewaz

Thanks very much for all the answers. I just have 1 last one before I take the plunge this weekend!

On page 1 the following is laisted as the file:

MD5: 4325CB7EAA210C24061F450D2551DD9E

Could someone tell me what the MD5 means and the big load of letters and numbers after? I read on some roms that some roms are only compatible depending on a husge (similar) list of numbers and your build code of phone (to say if it is TFT or OLED) - is this what "MD5: 4325CB7EAA210C24061F450D2551DD9E" means?

Guest Frankish
Thanks very much for all the answers. I just have 1 last one before I take the plunge this weekend!

Could someone tell me what the MD5 means and the big load of letters and numbers after? I read on some roms that some roms are only compatible depending on a husge (similar) list of numbers and your build code of phone (to say if it is TFT or OLED) - is this what "MD5: 4325CB7EAA210C24061F450D2551DD9E" means?

MD5sum is to check the integrity of the file after download. If it matches when you check it then it means the file downloaded ok. Personally i never really bother checking :huh:

Guest cmberry20
You didn't see the 'Extras' addon then? :)

Nope missed that! :huh:

But to be fair it does say in the Maps is included in the 'Whats included in the ROM' list.

Guest rayraven
MD5sum is to check the integrity of the file after download. If it matches when you check it then it means the file downloaded ok. Personally i never really bother checking :huh:

Only till the day you kill the phone because of a bad download :)

Guest alienist

Use md5sum.exe if you're on Windows - http://www.etree.org/md5com.html

Edited by alienist

Guest Rooster#1

As you are essentially overwriting an operating system onto your phone, imagine what would happen if part of the ZIP file was missing, or corrupted (not to mention nasty folk who like to create havoc !)... your phone could become a potential doorstop !!

Enter MD5, its an error checking algorithm, that checks that the file you have downloaded is EXACTLY the same as the one you asked for... you run a little software on the PC - copy and paste the "hash" - in this case "4325CB7EAA210C24061F450D2551DD9E" and it will say yea or neigh. :huh:

Guest ladiko
r9 - 17th February 2011

- notification bar settings icons mod by 0x90 (using a custom theme will remove this facility)

seems to be even that way if i use your gingerbread theme?

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Yes that's right...any custom themes remove the notification bar...except for Frankish's new themes which are meant to leave it in place.

Not had a chance to try it yet...about to though :huh: will report back.

Edit

Just flashed one of the updated themes and it does indeed leave the widget in tact (nice job Frankish)

Shame it doesn't skin the widget though.

Edited by Qwertzycoatl

Guest Simon O

I've not updated the gingerbread theme yet with the notification widget.

Guest Carlos1981

Hello All!

I bought the blade from Orange sadly the TFT one :/ but nonetheless i switched on the phone and was prepared for sub standard "orange" customisation!

I tried cyanogenmod 7 but found it to be a little too clunky for me! so i have installed FLB Froyo G2 and i am so impressed!

I have two questions...

Can i install ADW Launcher with this?

and

@Flibblesan...Are you currently working on a 2.3 vanilla rom like this amazing Froyo G2 one you have developed?

Im a newbie here so please excuse me if i have written something already in the forum somewhere

Regards

Carlos

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hello All!

I bought the blade from Orange sadly the TFT one :/ but nonetheless i switched on the phone and was prepared for sub standard "orange" customisation!

I tried cyanogenmod 7 but found it to be a little too clunky for me! so i have installed FLB Froyo G2 and i am so impressed!

I have two questions...

Can i install ADW Launcher with this?

and

@Flibblesan...Are you currently working on a 2.3 vanilla rom like this amazing Froyo G2 one you have developed?

Im a newbie here so please excuse me if i have written something already in the forum somewhere

Regards

Carlos

Yes you can install any launcher you like now :huh:

From what I read somewhere, Flibb is working on 2.3 but only for Cyanogen at the moment :)

Got to say this is the best rom out there so far for the Blade, certainly the best Froyo :P

Guest dadashi
Yes you can install any launcher you like now :huh:

From what I read somewhere, Flibb is working on 2.3 but only for Cyanogen at the moment :)

Got to say this is the best rom out there so far for the Blade, certainly the best Froyo :P

I agree, FLB best rom...Cyanogen is just soooooo buggy

Guest Carlos1981

Ah thanks for the responses!

I remember being on madaco back in the day when i had an SPV C500 :/

Windows Mobile Days!! Amazing how far things have progressed since!

Long Live Android! :huh:

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Can I just install 10b over 9b, or do I need to wipe?

You can just install over the top but take a backup first in case any "strange" things happen :huh:

Guest pellonet

Why are people still discussing matters relating to R10 in this thread when the author went to the trouble of creating a fresh new one for this very purpose, at time of posting this they were right next to each other.

flibblesan, can you get it locked, it's starting to get messy now? :huh:

Guest dadashi
Why are people still discussing matters relating to R10 in this thread when the author went to the trouble of creating a fresh new one for this very purpose, at time of posting this they were right next to each other.

FLB rom newest download links are here so people come pose their questions here...

Guest Salsaholic

The initial post doesn't say anything about the new thread, so it's quite natural for people to post where they found the ROM.

Guest pellonet
FLB rom newest download links are here so people come pose their questions here...

That, by way of an explanation leaves a lot to be desired especially from such an active contributor as you :huh:

However I accept that it would have made more sense to start posting the download links in the new topic designed for them, 'earth to flibblesan, are you getting this?'

:)

Guest pellonet
The initial post doesn't say anything about the new thread, so it's quite natural for people to post where they found the ROM.

'Why are people still discussing matters relating to R10 in this thread when the author went to the trouble of creating a fresh new one for this very purpose, at time of posting this they were right next to each other.

flibblesan, can you get it locked, it's starting to get messy now?