[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest cmberry20

I've had to stop using this ROM because of the bugs.

GPS is all over the place. One minute i'm where i should be, the next i'm in the Yorkshire Dales 200 miles away!!!

Dialler seems to be using alot of battery - however, some people are saying this is a false reading but something is eating away at the battery.

YouTube HD is showing some really nasty ghosting which tints the whole video green. It plays fine in normal mode.

One reason i wanted 2.2 Froyo was to play Flash enabled sites (ie. BBC iplayer) but was disappointed to find out that Flash still didnt work.

Random freezes.

So, back to 2.1 Villian ROM it is.

Guest philmein
I've had to stop using this ROM because of the bugs.

GPS is all over the place. One minute i'm where i should be, the next i'm in the Yorkshire Dales 200 miles away!!!

Dialler seems to be using alot of battery - however, some people are saying this is a false reading but something is eating away at the battery.

YouTube HD is showing some really nasty ghosting which tints the whole video green. It plays fine in normal mode.

One reason i wanted 2.2 Froyo was to play Flash enabled sites (ie. BBC iplayer) but was disappointed to find out that Flash still didnt work.

Random freezes.

So, back to 2.1 Villian ROM it is.

before you go back to 2.1 try this froyo rom its nice B) http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...battery-report/

Edited by philmein

Guest superkryo

Hi flibblesan, the dialer seems to be fixed in here. http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...battery-report/. if you could incorporated into FLB-Froyo, your ROM would be almost perfect.

Is it possible for you to add the support for the old app2sd? What's the kernel base address and commandline for the 2.2 boot.img? I could have go with modifying the init.rc in the ramdisk image. Thanks.

Edited by superkryo

Guest gambieter

I previously put this ROM on my own SF and it works nicely. Sometimes a brief freeze of the phone, but for the rest really nice.

But now I have bought a second phone for a friend, and I put this ROM on, cleared user data/apps etc, and started reinstalling things. And on this second phone widgets are unstable, for instance Wifi ON/Off from Curvefish. Put it on the desktop, and after reboot the widget is gone and the space taken by an error message. This happens both in Launcher and Launcher Pro. The widget also disappears from the list, but if I reinstall it says "already present. Replace?"

Any comments?

Guest AndyHibberd
How have you confirmed dialler is giving a false reading?

Since dialler stopped showing on my battery usage, my battery lasts nearly twice as long! after a days use its at 75%! thats no false reading!

What I mean by flase reading is that it might say 67% dialer but it's not actually the dialer using 67%, could just be other apps and it's assigned dialer to the usage.

Recently when I have checked my usage there has been no dialer spike, battery has been lasting very well (22hours max so far).

I'm not completely clear about your post but I think we both agree that the dialer "problem" is not an issue, correct?

Andy

Guest Simon O
Is there gonna be an update soon? Bc the screen is unresponsive sometimes,and it starts to be really annoying. except this it's a perfect ROM.

Yep, working on it. Just very busy with other things at the moment.

WHAT? You have a life outside of making awesome ROMs? It could be worth hooking up with stackrish - my dream ROM is somewhere between his and yours.

Thanks a lot! Than I wait a little bit more,and try to struggle w/ the screen. I really appreciate your work!

Guest southpaw1

somethin strange going on here , i was on the original flb 16th november issue and battery was lasting 1.5 to 2 days , swapped to the "lite version" and battery is really poor now , lucky if i can get a day out of it . (same settings / usage as previous rom)

will go back to 16nov issue tonight and see how battery performs again .

Guest southpaw1

Also noticed last night strange thing with gps . i have my daughter tracked on latitude , and my s-f was reporting her in yorkshire too along with me (btw we are in North West), daughters S/F is on sebs 2.1 rom and her gps is 100 % accurate ,

it seems to be an issue with the way this 2.2rom deals with the data as oppose to false gps location .

btw , i am a total noob , so just giving my noobish feedback , not a critism , as this rom is awesome , maybe this will help devs with bug fixing ?

Great ROM, but have an issue which I thought I had sorted, I managed to get facebook syncing to work using an old version, but the "join" button in contacts is missing. So I thought I'd have a play, I replaced contacts.apk with another froyo version one, it seems to work fine, then "join" button shows up, but it FC's whenever you click it. I then tried also add the contactsprovider.apk, but still no joy. Unfortunately its not easy for me logcat the device as the missus is always moaning that i'm playing with her phone!! anyone have any ideas or is this a non starter?

it is consuming power. my battery life is 8 hours max with this rom compared with about 36 with orange stock rom

I got just under 48 with it.. the only thing diff Ive turned off hw accel

I've just got a quick question...

I use RunKeeper and was wondering whether the GPS will still work on this? (I've noticed that 'coarse GPS' won't work - frankly I don't know what this is)

I'll just do without if it doesn't as the new ROM is a cracker.

Guest dragon2611
Has anyone tried wireless tethering with this ROM?

Yes, I thought it wasnt working at first but it just turns out it took a long time for the phone to assign an IP to the Pc

- There is no EXT2 based Apps2SD. There is, however, the Froyo Apps2FAT which is used by most newer applications. If the app has not moved to SD automatically then you can try and move using Settings > Applications > SD card

Hi, will this be added in the future? The apps2FAT is pretty s***, most desire 2.2 custom roms also have an EXT 2/ EXT 3 based apps2sd, so it should be possible?

Thanks

Edited by ko0l

Guest rayraven
I've just got a quick question...

I use RunKeeper and was wondering whether the GPS will still work on this? (I've noticed that 'coarse GPS' won't work - frankly I don't know what this is)

I'll just do without if it doesn't as the new ROM is a cracker.

GPS works fine for me, and to be honest, quicker as well.

I cant seem to find the 'Use Assisted GPS' option anymore though.

GPS works fine for me, and to be honest, quicker as well.

I cant seem to find the 'Use Assisted GPS' option anymore though.

Cool, cheers mate. B)

I don't know if that your problem might have anything to do with the 'coarse GPS' issue that other people have been mentioning; as I said I'm a bit of a noob.