[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

flibblesan

is this rom deodexed?

or does anyone else know?

If not anyone know how to deodex it simply? I've no idea and I've investigated things like smali and baksmali but cant get my head round them

- There is no EXT2 based Apps2SD. There is, however, the Froyo Apps2FAT which is used by most newer applications. If the app has not moved to SD automatically then you can try and move using Settings > Applications > SD card

Hi, will this be added in the future? The apps2FAT is pretty s***, most desire 2.2 custom roms also have an EXT 2/ EXT 3 based apps2sd, so it should be possible?

Thanks

But Apps2FAT has a huge advantage as you get to use the space on the SD card most efficiently, without having to worry about re-partitioning the card. The only disadvantage is that when you mount the SD card as a MSD, that those apps installed on the FAT partition aren't accessible.

Guest superkryo
But Apps2FAT has a huge advantage as you get to use the space on the SD card most efficiently, without having to worry about re-partitioning the card. The only disadvantage is that when you mount the SD card as a MSD, that those apps installed on the FAT partition aren't accessible.

On the other hand, a2sd not only allows older apps but also re-installed system apps. It's more versatile.

On the other hand, a2sd not only allows older apps but also re-installed system apps. It's more versatile.

Each unto their own (the lady said as she kissed her cow) B).

Guest ballist1x

- edited the prop file to turn HW UI off.

- re-flashed - switched Turn to Mute off

- will install new wifi update tonight.

heres hoping froyo can re kindle my ZTE! i went back due to the issues with battery etc but now im sure i can get some good life from it with thr above changes.

Guest ejhollin

I had the touch screen lockup this morning after leaving the phone on charging overnight. I think someone else mentioned that it happened to them when their phone wasn't touched for a while.

Also, you can install widgets on to A2SD partition and still be able to use them!

Hi flibblesan, big fan of the ROM and I can't wait for the next release.

I thought it might be helpful if I list down some of the bugs (features?) that I've discovered so far.

1. GPS - works, but whenever the Maps application starts, it initializes a completely different location that seems to be true to alot of the users here - somewhere in Yorkshire middle of the park. However, after clicking on find my location button, it refreshes to correct location. Not a severe bug, obviously, but letting you know anyway. Also, latitude reads yorkshire as current location at launch of application also.

2. Notification light (back button) - Notification works, flashes green when new notification, red when charging and low battery. However, sometimes, after losing network signal and regaining it, the notification stays on (red) and would only go away when the phone display goes into sleep. When I wake the device, it turns on (red) again even when network is connected. Switching the device off and then on again fixes the problem. Refreshing memory perhaps? I don't really know.

3. Default Calendar Application - Orange Bar overlay on top of Month and Week view. After doing a quick google search, this happened to a Droid device custom froyo ROM as well. I don't know if this is a problem with Froyo and Calendar configuration.

4. Dialer battery usage - My battery consumption is about the same from the stock Orange ROM. However in one of the topics here, chall32 pointed out a fix by toggling a setting switch: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-dialer-issue/

Thanks again for the brilliant work and I hope you find the info above useful. I don't know if ROM users here could assist further by sending debug log files? (Although admittedly I don't know which program I need to capture them with my PC. I don't mind doing this if you know a PC app. Thanks!)

I'm probably being really silly and the answers going to be something obvious but could someone please tell me how to turn hw accelerate off? I fear this is causing the really short battery times.

Guest ballist1x

hm ive done the phone mute fix but i stopped charging at 9:30am...down to 66% already 13:12 with some network, market place and internet actions... seems quite a fast drain still.

Guest steff.jay
I got just under 48 with it.. the only thing diff Ive turned off hw accel

can anybody tell us, how to disable the HW-Accleration, pls?

many thanks in advance B)

Guest rayraven

Get root explorer and edit the file /system/build.prop

Modify the line debug.sf.hw to 0.

That'll turn off hw accel. Note that you might have to mount the system r/w [You can do this inside root exporer, there's a button on the top right]

Guest cmberry20

Just installed the 'Lite' version.

Oddly, there is a app shortcut for 'Videos' on the r/h screen. But i use Launcher Pro thus loosing the shortcut & the 'Video' app isnt in the app menu!!

Wheres it gone??

Guest theoscat
Get root explorer and edit the file /system/build.prop

Modify the line debug.sf.hw to 0.

That'll turn off hw accel. Note that you might have to mount the system r/w [You can do this inside root exporer, there's a button on the top right]

what will be the effect to the blade?

slower in performance?

Guest David H
Anyone having problems with Bluetooth file transfer to the phone? I can't seem to get it to work since upgrading to this ROM

yes i have it too, but formerly i thought my htc hd2 bluetooth got a problem, but this morning i've tried to send a file to my colleague's mobile phone and it worked flawlessly, so it would be my zte blade got a problem.

on the contrary, i had successfully sent a file to another zte blade (with stock os) yesterday.

my conclusion: this rom only has a problem with receiving data via bluetooth, no problem on sending data.

Have installed this ROM, a couple of issues for me.

1) Swype does not work on this ROM (worked well on Paul's R4)

2) Red LED lights up on back button

3) Green bars on You tube video

4) Camera does not work, video camera works though.

my camera works, altho seemed a bit dark could just have been the lighting not really tested it,

ive noticed when i have my phone on vibrate it sometimes of its own accord increases the volume one notch or alternatively down one notch to silent, which is a tad annoying, ive seen people mention a mute fix? does that fix this? if so what is it?

has anybody tried installing flash player 10.1? i did but it just seemed to crash any browser i tried to open almost instantly. possibly why its not available in the market B)

EDIT: just found the mute fix maybe itll fix my issue duno if it will fix my problem hopefully so

Edited by jayhix

Hi flibblesan, big fan of the ROM and I can't wait for the next release.

I thought it might be helpful if I list down some of the bugs (features?) that I've discovered so far.

1. GPS - works, but whenever the Maps application starts, it initializes a completely different location that seems to be true to alot of the users here - somewhere in Yorkshire middle of the park. However, after clicking on find my location button, it refreshes to correct location. Not a severe bug, obviously, but letting you know anyway. Also, latitude reads yorkshire as current location at launch of application also.

2. Notification light (back button) - Notification works, flashes green when new notification, red when charging and low battery. However, sometimes, after losing network signal and regaining it, the notification stays on (red) and would only go away when the phone display goes into sleep. When I wake the device, it turns on (red) again even when network is connected. Switching the device off and then on again fixes the problem. Refreshing memory perhaps? I don't really know.

3. Default Calendar Application - Orange Bar overlay on top of Month and Week view. After doing a quick google search, this happened to a Droid device custom froyo ROM as well. I don't know if this is a problem with Froyo and Calendar configuration.

4. Dialer battery usage - My battery consumption is about the same from the stock Orange ROM. However in one of the topics here, chall32 pointed out a fix by toggling a setting switch: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...e-dialer-issue/

Thanks again for the brilliant work and I hope you find the info above useful. I don't know if ROM users here could assist further by sending debug log files? (Although admittedly I don't know which program I need to capture them with my PC. I don't mind doing this if you know a PC app. Thanks!)

5. TouchScreen Issue - When you don't use the touchscreen for a while,it stops responding. Sometimes it happens,sometimes it doesn't.

Guest The Soup Thief
Have installed this ROM, a couple of issues for me.

1) Swype does not work on this ROM (worked well on Paul's R4)

2) Red LED lights up on back button

3) Green bars on You tube video

4) Camera does not work, video camera works though.

Hi Niks10 - I've had no problems with Swype - try reinstalling it

The LED situation is indeed a thing of wonder - seems to flash red to get me to pay it a bit of attention - usually turns out there is a message/email/missed call/ low battery or somesuch (maybe it just wants a bit of attention)

My camera worked from the get-go but was in black and white for the first day, then for no good reason turned full colour

Dunno about Youchoob

Give it time, is all I can say - it's all working just lovely now, including rather smashing GPS, which was a bit shakey to start with

Edit - I've had no problems w touch screen since first switch on

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Simon O
Battery is really not last long at all. Sometimes not even 1 day, is there any solution for that? Otherwise its perfect Thanks.

It will be caused by the dialer. There is a fix for this, or try the new version I've uploaded on first page.

It will be caused by the dialer. There is a fix for this, or try the new version I've uploaded on first page.

Hi is there a way of installing the new version without reflashing i dont want to lose everything ive put on my phone recently, its tiresome else. thanks

Just re-installing flb-froyo-blade-r3 ROM updated on the first page.

In this new ROM there is Google Voice, is that any good for us in UK?

This ROM looks much neater compared to r2a.

Edited by Niks10