[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest The-One
la recovery

If you cant connect the phone to the computer and the recovery wont boot up then there is not many things you can do.

What were you doing? Did you try to flash this rom and it bricked?

Any way, I can disable some of the apps like Google Finance, Photobucket etc. to auto-start?

Even if I kill them using Advanced task manger they keep popping back in a minute or so.

Guest The Soup Thief
help please help

Hi Dimben1,

Presumably you have Clockwork installed and holding the volume down as you switch on isn't getting you past the android and into clockwork?

If that ain't working then this looks above my (low level of) expertise

Am sure I saw something in the forums about a hard reset button - I've just flipped the back off mine and I see what looks like such a thing just above the top left corner of the sim card - about 9mm to the right of the camera

Look in the forums before you go pushing it, but if my memory serves I think this might be a reset button - I don't want you screwing your phone because of something I've remembered wrong, so please do check this out or wait for more skilled advice

Good luck

On a brighter note, for the rest of the world,

the r3 lite seems pretty slick - I did a full wipe (though others have apparently been successful coming from FLB froyo r2 without)

Found ADW a little jerky so have traded to Launcherpro which is lovely and smooth

Since I shoved this ROM on Flibblesan has posted two further versions, one with the ZTE dialler, one with the android dialler

Can I confirm, is yesterday's r3 lite rom therefore the same as these (aside from the dialler change on one of them)

Basically, what I'm asking is - if I'm happy with the dialler I have, there's no point me doing a further re-flash - is that right?

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest tronads
I tried to install the blade Froyo flb

and nothing since my phone is stuck on the Android logo

B)

I assume you have removed and replaced the battery and re-powered it back on with the volume down button held in ?

And also removed the usb lead (which will obviously power it if the battery is removed)

Sorry if this has already been done, just trying to help.

Guest vigadish

Just installed R3 yesterday to find out the smart dialler is back today! Looks like another flash this evening. Quick question is it not possible to remove installed unwanted apps via Titanium Backup? I managed to remove most of the apps that I don't use but can't seemt to get rid of WaveSecure. Is anybody actually using it?

Any way, I can disable some of the apps like Google Finance, Photobucket etc. to auto-start?

Even if I kill them using Advanced task manger they keep popping back in a minute or so.

From my limited knowledge of froyo you dont need a task manager on 2.2 this is because of the JIT complier and something fancy it does (told you it was limited) B)

and @vigadish if you dont want certain extra apps you should just install the LITE version

Edited by jayhix

Could someone walk me through how to change the prop build so that i can get the facebook app to recognise my phone and sync my fb contacts with my phone please? as ive never done this before.

Just installed R3 yesterday to find out the smart dialler is back today! Looks like another flash this evening. Quick question is it not possible to remove installed unwanted apps via Titanium Backup? I managed to remove most of the apps that I don't use but can't seemt to get rid of WaveSecure. Is anybody actually using it?

which dialer is the best ?

Guest mrchris

Hi, was having the screen freeze issue on the first release (i.e. lock screen wont unlock and only way to fix is to remove battery), and all seemed well when I flashed r3, but it has just happened again.

Any thoughts?? B)

Guest vigadish
which dialer is the best ?

It depends on your personal preference. I got used to the smart dialler which meant instead of scrolling through my contacts list I could just enter certain digits for it to find the contact I wanted. E.g. for "home" you could scroll down the list to "h" or just press 4 (and possibly 6) and boom you have it.

Installed R3(zte dialer) just now and if I try to dial a number I get an "acore stopped" error and dialer restarts. Have tried with both full and lite versions and I get the same results. I wiped completely before both installs. Restarting now and try again, maybe the rom needs to settle a bit?

Installed R3(zte dialer) just now and if I try to dial a number I get an "acore stopped" error and dialer restarts. Have tried with both full and lite versions and I get the same results. I wiped completely before both installs. Restarting now and try again, maybe the rom needs to settle a bit?

Have you used Titanium backup? i had this problem it was because i restored some system settings with Ti

Guest ezablade

Looking good!!! Thanks flibblesan for giving us the option of the ZTE dialler, everything else is running nice and smooth. GPS locked on instantly, unlike the rest of you, I was quite happy to see it say I'm in Yorkshire!

Only thing not working is the FM radio can live with that, where I live you need a 50 foot radio mast to get a decent signal, no radio works here!

Must remember to re-do a backup of games next time though, I've got 20 levels of Angry Birds to do again, oh well, only the fourth time to do them, you'd think I'd learn!

Quadrant shows between 930 and 960, Neocore 38.0 fps (no idea if that's good or not!)

Guest ezablade
Hello everyone

I wanted to know if I could install this version flb staying in 2.1

HUAWEI on my phone, I'm actuellemnt flb in 2.1 1.7

thank you in advance

still nothing, the reset does not work, nothing works, it's crap.

Thank you for your help, if you have any other ideas please

I'm confused dimben1, what phone have you installed this on? Sorry if I've misunderstood your earlier post. Not saying I can help, just curious.

Guest vigadish

Is the GPS fixed? I left it on for 5 minutes but the location didn't change from Yorkshire. Have other people done anything different or does it magically fix itself?

Same problem.

I installed this ROM after clean wipe, and it works if I dial a number from a contact, if I dial a new number which is not in my contact the I get the error

"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. and I have to force close it.

N.B: I uploaded all my outlook contacts using Android Manager Wifi, after clean ROM install.

Edited by Niks10

Guest ezablade

Getting the same thing on the dialer... contacts dial, unknown number closes dialer

my contacts came through from Google sync.

Installed Dialler One until a fix is sorted, does the same sort of thing.

Edited by ezablade

Guest dijital

Truly amazing work Flibblesan (is that a red dwarf reference? B) ) It's silky smooth, but can you please, Please fix the radio issue, even if it means automatically playing that 60 mins silent mp3 when the radio app is launched.

Thanks!

Not working on my blade , i flash my phone regularly (clean , wipe , then update) , after all my phone stuck on droid logo. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance !

Edited by xakta

Guest The Soup Thief
is that this ROM can be installed on Android 2.1 thank

Dimben1 -- sorry fella, but you've boobed!

This ROM (like the others in the ZTE BLADE FORUM - sorry to shout) is for the zte blade, not for your huawei u8230 - I should have noticed from your profile on the left

Can I (calmly) suggest you have a look in a forum for the u8230, as I expect it is unlikely that ROMs and advice relating to a different machine is going to do your poor phone any good whatsover

Good luck - I fear you may need it...

Edited by The Soup Thief