[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest m_w_clarke
The link for the lite r3a version with zte smart dialer seems to be broken

If you read this thread a couple of pages back you will see this was mentioned and a fix posted.

Guest ezablade
Installed this, working great. Hit 1028 in Quadrant with a little tweaking of the VM Size. Looking good.

What size have you settled on, and has it affected the phone in any way? Cheers.

Guest veehexx
i have had no lock ups on this rom

i have tried them all and this is stable as so far

i reset the battery stats on a full charge and battery is a lot better

top notch work :D :D

by the way you've written that, it implies you had lockup issues in other releases of 2.2?

i dont mind things being a bit flaky, but i use my SF for work, and im trying to work out if it's worth it over the rather stable villain 2.1 ROM im using now...

lockups aren't something i can be doing with :P

flibblesan

First of all thanks for this rom, its super brilliant, only one problem I've found so far, the email app isnt working, cant press the next/enter key

not a problem as I use google mail, I'll try a different email app later and see how that goes.

Do you know you DONT have to sign via 3G to make this rom work?

I've reset the phone 3 times to double check and it will sign in and work on 3G, and 2G(GSM)

(I did have it working once by signing into the market using wifi the first time but when I reset my phone a 4th time and tried it again, it signed in ok but wouldnt let me download, but GSM (2g) definately works fine

now on another point, I've managed to change the startup animation and the color of the text in the status bar and notification screens BUT

I cant get the custom battery icons to work.

Any idea why?

I've tried the UOT kitchen here http://circle.glx.nl/ and it just crashes the phone once I install the framework-res.apk, either with clockwork or pushing it straight onto the phone with adb

I've extracted my good framework-res.apk file and tried dropping the icons in there (no problem) but when I push the xml files relating to the battery in there the phone works but the battery icon dissapears.

I have no idea why and I've been pulling my hair out all day trying different combinations of everything to get it to work, and nothing I try does.

The closest I got was using the new icons with the old battery xml's and of course it only shows to the nearest 10% then

Any suggestions?

Edited by Lew247

Guest Frankish

Email works fine on the v2 i added my hotmail account to it. Now regarding the battery mod. Can you try backing up with nandroid. Now make a clean rom install. DONT RESTORE ANYTHING USING TITANIUM OR MYBACKUPPRO. Take the framework from this and make your mods. Now install and see result.

I had the same problem with a Desire rom and it turns out restoring data somewhere along the line had screwed it up.

Guest The Soup Thief

Do you know you DONT have to sign via 3G to make this rom work?

That may have been your experience, but when I first installed last evening the market certainly did not work over wireless - failed time and again to download anything, not just Titanium backup, which is what I was after

Wiped, reinstalled, signed in via 3G and it worked

Now I only found it not working over wifi the one time, so maybe this was a chance occurrence, but in the 2 months I've never before had the same problem with the market

And what fixed it for me was connecting over 3G rather than wireless

Edit - rereading your post, I see you weren't talking about a first wireless connection to the market working out - you were talking about a connection via 2G working

my bad - got the wrong end of the stick

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest oh!dougal

That may have been your experience, but when I first installed last evening the market certainly did not work over wireless - failed time and again to download anything, ...

And what fixed it for me was connecting over 3G rather than wireless

Steady there people!

Lew 247 is using big writing to make a tiny point.

Fibblesan (and others) have referred to "mobile data" as "3g".

Lew247 says it works on 2g as well.

Yes, but that's not in question!

Point is initial login requires "mobile data" (3g or 2g) connection, and NOT wifi.

Cool, cheers mate. :P

I don't know if that your problem might have anything to do with the 'coarse GPS' issue that other people have been mentioning; as I said I'm a bit of a noob.

Having just checked it out it appears as though RunKeeper is all over the shop. Told me I'd run about 16km in various diagonal lines within the space of 8 minutes; whilst that might be doing wonders for my stats data I can't help but feel I'm cheating the system a little.

Is there any way to fix this in Froyo? It was working perfectly with the r4 rom I had installed previously.

What size have you settled on, and has it affected the phone in any way? Cheers.

Hi, I believe that score was with a size of 48mb, didn't seem to make any difference to any other functions.

Have you used Titanium backup? i had this problem it was because i restored some system settings with Ti

No, the dialer problem occurs directly after I flashed the rom. I haven't even begun to enter my google account, sync and restore any apps.

I see now that others have the same problem and that there are a few more new pages to read here. So I leave it at this. Maybe there's an answer that I havent read yet. A busy thread, this is... :P

Guest islandofshame

woohoo, I'm now on the verge on updating to this bad boy - i've got the same question thats on everybody's lips though, is there much difference between the stock dialler and the zte smart dialler? could someone possibly provide some screenshots of the zte one to save me reflashing if it looks/is crap?

cheers guys and keep up the good work flibblesan!

- islandofshame

p.s surely this has earned sticky status? :P

Edited by islandofshame

Can't provide screenshots, but the ZTE one is the one that came on the stock rom, and all the other custom roms. The Stock Android one is the new one, and it looks a lot nicer to me, but looses the T9 predictive dialing.

Guest Totyasrác

Okay, I've just upgraded to the latest version. Will see how it goes about the battery drainage.

One question: which version of Car Home is installed? I can't find much options in settings but even after a successful installing of another version from the Market (which is possible) the original one stays there... All I am interested in is whenever my phone hooks up with my car set I'd like Car Gome to start (apparently it is a feature of this app according to this site for example: "Another new feature is the ability to automatically switch to Car Home when your phone pairs with any Bluetooth device.") Any clue on how to fix this issue (other than taking this app out of the zip, reinstall the ROM again and install the good version from Market)?

So far an extremely snappy ROM, excellent work, Mr. Flib - as usual. Cheers a lot!

Alarm not working, i mean its working but when the times come to what you set its start buzing but touch screen not responding for you to stop alarm. I had to take to battery off to stop it :P

Alarm not working, i mean its working but when the times come to what you set its start buzing but touch screen not responding for you to stop alarm. I had to take to battery off to stop it :P

my alarm worked fine this morning, i snoozed it 6 times :D