[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest schkinx
try settings>>applications>>superuser>> force close

settings>>applications>>titanium backup >> force close

then start titanium backup again. usually works first or second time also give it a minute or so to grant permissions

titanium is working , now it just keeps telling me its failing to parse files . could only happen to me lol :D

Guest alltheway3

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I flashed this ROM yesterday from a clean wipe and everything worked fine. Then this morning, I had a screen lockup, did a battery pull and now the wifi refuses to switch on. I've tried rebooting the phone but no such luck. I don't fancy re-flashing if I can help it, as I've set everything up/downloaded apps. Cheers.

EDIT: Nvm, just fixed it. Uninstalled Switch Pro (latest download) , switched off and took the battery out for about a minute, back in, switch on, fixed. One annoying thing I've found now is that the phone boots into aeroplane mode... anyone know how to change this?

Edited by alltheway3

Guest testmann

Hello,

I'm new here. I've tested this froyo-rom and everything works fine, except the google-account-registration for the market...

I've read and tried the workaround from page one, but it don't work. Has there anybody another hint?

(it's realy annoying :P )

(The 3g-connection is good - the browser works. Wifi is also fine.

With the r4-Rom and Android 2.1 I've no problems with the market.)

Guest The-One
Hello,

I'm new here. I've tested this froyo-rom and everything works fine, except the google-account-registration for the market...

I've read and tried the workaround from page one, but it don't work. Has there anybody another hint?

(it's realy annoying :P )

(The 3g-connection is good - the browser works. Wifi is also fine.

With the r4-Rom and Android 2.1 I've no problems with the market.)

Soft reset and try again, sometimes its just luck i guess. However the market has been kinky too, maybe they are changing things to 2.3 or something.

Guest dragon2611

Hmm running R3 with the zte smart dialer and manually dialing a number and pressing call causes acore to FC

Never noticed before as I usually dial contacts who are saved in me phone.

Edited by dragon2611

Guest Paul de Vrieze
I don't think it's Ti - I think it's an issue with the SU app - I reasonably frequently have issues which require root hanging when requesting SU access. Killing them, then opening SU, and then trying again normally resolves the issue.

There are two misconfigurations with the rom that I found immediately. First one is that a reboot "fixes" the permissions of the su binary so that it is not accessible for the user. Fix this by editing

/init.rc
, then go to the line that says
chmod 4550 /system/bin/su
and change the
to a
allowing everyone (not just root and system) access to the binary on the filesystem. The other issue is the resolution is set wrong. This is fixed in /system/build.prop. Change the line
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
to
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
, using for example
adb shell
(and
busybox vi

).

Guest strumluff

Paul the screen density was already set to 240 for me. Thanks for the su fix - I think that explains why Titanium wouldn't start on the first run each time I tried.

Edit: Meh actually Titanium still gets stuck on asking for root rights...

Edited by strumluff

i dont understand editing the build.prop file haven't tried it a bit scared too.

the resolution of this rom is 240 without that fix, so not sure what changing that does, but i prefer my resolution at 200.

Guest bluetwthompson

Hi Folks,

Quick question, I upgraded straight to 2.2. My question is how do I import my sim contacts?

I cannot find the option anywhere.

Cheers,

Trev

Is there a way to do the google bit without using 3G?

If there was I think I be trying this like a fat kid trying cakes :P

doesnt work over wifi but i think you can get it to work using 2g or edge, people have reported it working under those

Guest FrankieADZ
doesnt work over wifi but i think you can get it to work using 2g or edge, people have reported it working under those

Cool, Didnt think it would.

How stable is the rom atm?

Guest islandofshame

alritey,

finally took the jump and updated to froyo, everything has gone well but getting "preparing sd card" after booting phone, doesn't seem to be going anywhere and I can't access the SD card through the filer...help!?

cheers

- islandofshame :P

Been using the r2 installed on top of the previous Froyo. All has been great until now. When using WiFi everything is fine. When I switch to data, Market and email work but internet browser has stopped connecting :P

Anyone got any ideas how I might set about fixing this. Although I can see all the APN settings, I'm unable to change any of them.

Fantastic sit by the way

Cool, Didnt think it would.

How stable is the rom atm?

very ive not had any problems at all bar one screen lock up. everything works smoothly and in general almost a perfect rom

edit ive been running it since R2 on 16th Nov

Edited by jayhix