[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest TheTwiddler
Changelog

r3a - 24th November 2010

New:

- Download with Stock dialer or ZTE SmartDialer

- Settings app by stackrish with thanks. Turn to mute disabled (resolves dialer issue)

- Launcher2 from G2 ROM with corrected shortcuts (full version only)

Apps:

- Android Term

- Google Car Home

- Google Market

- Google Maps

- Gallery3D

- Live Wallpapers

- Magic Smoke Live Wallpapers

- Mode10 (Sense) Live Wallpaper

- Stock Android Dialer

- YouTube

Just thought I'd mention that there is no Mode10 (Sense) Live Wallpaper in either of the R3a ROMs, though it was present in the R3 ROM.

I've tried copying the R3 apk into R3a and it doesn't seem to work.

Is there something else I need to copy from R3 to R3a, or is this the reason for pulling it from the R3a ROM?

Regards

found a problem with wifi using r3a, it was also pressent on the previous version.

I have WPA2 11g enabled and it will not connect with a password set to 31 characters. If i shorted the password to 8 characters all is fine. This is the only ROM on which i have seen this problem. If anyone has a similar wifi set up can they pls check and report back. I suspect something to do with the wifi supplicant but i do not know enough to fix it myself.

Edited by xzyk

Been using the r2 installed on top of the previous Froyo. All has been great until now. When using WiFi everything is fine. When I switch to data, Market and email work but internet browser has stopped connecting :P

Anyone got any ideas how I might set about fixing this. Although I can see all the APN settings, I'm unable to change any of them.

Fantastic sit by the way

get the free market 'APN Backup', that has the option to backup/restore/delete APNs.

Guest Simon O
Just thought I'd mention that there is no Mode10 (Sense) Live Wallpaper in either of the R3a ROMs, though it was present in the R3 ROM.

I've tried copying the R3 apk into R3a and it doesn't seem to work.

Is there something else I need to copy from R3 to R3a, or is this the reason for pulling it from the R3a ROM?

Regards

Sorry I removed them at the last minute as I couldn't get them to work correctly.

flibblesan

I've tried everything I can think of to get the battery percentage to work, It just wont no matter what I try, I've even tried manually changing the battery xml files in framework-res.apk but no joy

Thats the only real problem I can find now although it isnt a problem, I'd love the battery %'s to display

I've even tried the UOT kitchen http://circle.glx.nl/ no luck with that either

EDIT: What I forgot to say was I can get it working 100% and it does show the battery % beside the clock and it does work properly, BUT it crashes the phone, everything comes up saying error and the only option I have is to force close

Edited by Lew247

Guest Skillganon

Been using this rom for a while before I decided to joing this forum, keep up the good work Fibbleson :P .

To be honest I did take out some of the pre-installed apps, which is available in the maket anyway just popping to say "Thank You".

Guest goldndelicious
Hmm running R3 with the zte smart dialer and manually dialing a number and pressing call causes acore to FC

Never noticed before as I usually dial contacts who are saved in me phone.

+1

flibblesan

I've tried everything I can think of to get the battery percentage to work, It just wont no matter what I try, I've even tried manually changing the battery xml files in framework-res.apk but no joy

Thats the only real problem I can find now although it isnt a problem, I'd love the battery %'s to display

I know its not exactly what you're looking for but there is a utility on the market (http://www.appbrain.com/app/system-info-widget/com.jasoncalhoun.android.systeminfowidget) which will enable you to display the battery percentage on the notification bar constantly. It's not free it cost 0.99cents but may give you what you want. I've had to do the same thing after coming from 2.1.

There is also (http://www.appbrain.com/app/battery-indicator/com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator) which is free.

Edited by xzyk

Guest asturel

PID CPU% S #THR VSS RSS PCY UID Name

453 82% S 3 4536K 456K fg root /system/bin/CKPD-daemon

what is the ckpd-daemon ?

edit: did a reboot and its gone

Edited by asturel

Guest TheTwiddler
found a problem with wifi using r3a, it was also pressent on the previous version.

I have WPA2 11g enabled and it will not connect with a password set to 31 characters. If i shorted the password to 8 characters all is fine. This is the only ROM on which i have seen this problem. If anyone has a similar wifi set up can they pls check and report back. I suspect something to do with the wifi supplicant but i do not know enough to fix it myself.

Mine works OK using a 63 character password. Phone says that connection security is WPA/WPA2 PSK with a link speed of 48MBS.

I am connected to a Virgin Media Cable Modem/Wireless Router (which is actually a Netgear Model VMDG280) and is set to WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES].

Mine works OK using a 63 character password. Phone says that connection security is WPA/WPA2 PSK with a link speed of 48MBS.

I am connected to a Virgin Media Cable Modem/Wireless Router (which is actually a Netgear Model VMDG280) and is set to WPA-PSK[TKIP] + WPA2-PSK[AES].

thanks for the reply 'TheTwiddler' but i do have 4 different make of routers (Linksys, Edimax, SpeedTouch and SafeCom) and I tried them all. My password does have all character types in it (i.e. things like %[$]5Ds etc..) so maybe there's something there that it doesn't like. I will have a play with it later but for now i'm back on 2.1 cause there are still some outstanding issues which are important to me like Radio, coarse positioning, Auto display settings, USB not charging when plugged in (like on 2.1) etc... I think until we get a good official release of 2.2 we're always going to have these teething problems. It's just a case of whether people are prepared to live with them. I like Froyo mainly because of the smoothness that results from the JIT compilation but having tweaked my 2.1 since the SF came out I think i've got a smooth and steady rom at the moment so will wait for a complete 2.2. Thanks again for your reply.

i have come from hungarian hedgehog 2.1 rom, using latest 2.2 rom from this forum, i had wiped my battery stats before flashing 2.2, now its showing very high dialer usage of batter, about 56percent, while android uses 36percent...also noticed battery running down very quickly, what can i do to stop this? please advise

I had turned off the sensors (both for dialer and auto-rotate screen) and the battery usage is much better now, except when during the call, If I had a conversation for about 10 min, 10% of battery is gone, and battery usage shows dialer using highest Cpu (more than 85% all the time).

I was going through the cyanogen's changelist, and found an option "Always use Proximity" which, if disabled, will not use the proximity sensor during the call (atleast that's what I understood from the below thread).

Can someone compile the phone.apk for sanfrancisco, so that we can disable the proximity sensor during the call.

I tried pushing the Phone.apk to my OSF, but it just force closes whenever I try placing a call (btw, I am using dialer one as the dialer)

Sorry if I had posted in the wrong section, but I am currently using fat FLB r3a with ZTE dialer.

Edited by rishie

Guest Frankish
flibblesan

That site works just fine. I just did a working one.

There are two misconfigurations with the rom that I found immediately. First one is that a reboot "fixes" the permissions of the su binary so that it is not accessible for the user. Fix this by editing
/init.rc
, then go to the line that says
chmod 4550 /system/bin/su
and change the
to a
allowing everyone (not just root and system) access to the binary on the filesystem. The other issue is the resolution is set wrong. This is fixed in /system/build.prop. Change the line
ro.sf.lcd_density=160
to
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
, using for example
adb shell
(and
busybox vi

).

When you say change chmod 4550 /system/bin/su from 0 to 5 do you mean change it to chmod 4555 /system/bin/su? I cannot see any other zeros.

Guest Gianluca84
+1

Referring to the issue "acore stopped working. FORCE CLOSE" when dialing from ZTE dialer:

I had the same exact problem. I solved it (or rather circumvented it) by installing another dialer from the market (i use dialer ONE..). I even erased the zte dialer with titanium..

Hope it helps.

I know its not exactly what you're looking for but there is a utility on the market (http://www.appbrain.com/app/system-info-widget/com.jasoncalhoun.android.systeminfowidget) which will enable you to display the battery percentage on the notification bar constantly. It's not free it cost 0.99cents but may give you what you want. I've had to do the same thing after coming from 2.1.

There is also (http://www.appbrain.com/app/battery-indicator/com.darshancomputing.BatteryIndicator) which is free.

Yeh I know about this app thanks, but I actuallywant the battery % to show IN the battery icon itself, I know it can be done, and I know what has to be changed to do it including adding loads more icons and changing some xml's in the framework-res.apk, its just those changes don't work with this rom for some reason, hopefully someone will know why, or what has to be changed to enable it

Guest ballist1x

so, when i turn auto sense orientation off in settings, why when i play a youtube clip and flip my phone does the phone autosense and turn the video horizontal and go full screen?

im sure the sensors are still working in some respect even if disabled in the main settings and are not working in the main sceens...?

also does anyone have any clue whats causing the lock up's on coming out of sleep that happen randomly?

if i can sort these 2 ill be well happy.

Guest steff.jay

Hey guys,

maybe I'm totally noobish, but I really didn't find ANY solution for my question...

Is there an option to sync the google-calendar with my phone?

The main reason would be, to get the birthday's into my calendar and then use 'smooth-calendar' to show them... On the other hand I would have to entry all dates manually, what should not be the normal way :P

Any help appreciated - thx

Guest Putterill
Hey guys,

maybe I'm totally noobish, but I really didn't find ANY solution for my question...

The main reason would be, to get the birthday's into my calendar and then use 'smooth-calendar' to show them... On the other hand I would have to entry all dates manually, what should not be the normal way :D

Any help appreciated - thx

Yes, when you first add your google account to the phone it sets up sync for email, contacts, calendar and picasa, just enter your username and password and it will all be there in a minute or two :P

Guest JolyonS

Syncing with Google data is pretty much what these Android phones are all about.

Menu button -> Settings -> Accounts & sync

Add your Google account if you haven't already then tap it and make sure Sync Calendar is ticked.

I noticed that the lite rom has a transparent background when opening the app drawer, and also options when pressing menu button.

but this is not available on on non lite version.

what is the reason for this?

also lite version seem faster, even after installing same apps on both

what is reason for this.

my understanding was the lite version was only less apps.

get the free market 'APN Backup', that has the option to backup/restore/delete APNs.

Thanks for the advice. 'APN Backup' has enabled me to edit the APN settings which is great, but still no internet browser, market and email work fine.

Any help greatfully accepted

Guest rhodiumaki

flibblesan some of us with the 256ram version of blade(hungarian and greek) we are unable to flash rom.after the flashing process the device stuck on android logo for ever(i left it for more than 2 hours).i had the same problem with the 512 version of acer liquid with some roms of froyo and the rom chefs fixed that

Edited by rhodiumaki