[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest islandofshame

alrite guys,

been running this ROM for sometime now and just stumbled across a slight problems I have...

went to watch the latest TRS video podcast there and playback is in black and white but with offset red ghosting? any ideas?

cheers

- islandofshame

Guest Teh H4rRy
I've added LauncherPro into the system/app directory for the update.zip file and want to remove ADWLauncher, how would i make the rom choose LauncherPro at startup, to remove a step after i've installed it...

Install home switcher off the market

Guest chicarito

My GPS isn't working properly, still locating to somewhere in Yorkshire even after leaving it for several minutes and near a window. Has that been fixed yet, or are there stull faults with it?

Guest strumluff
My GPS isn't working properly, still locating to somewhere in Yorkshire even after leaving it for several minutes and near a window. Has that been fixed yet, or are there stull faults with it?

I'm still using this ROM and GPS is fine. I remember being located in Yorkshire only the first time I used GPS.

Guest papatangoalpha

Downloaded the ROM and followed instructions TO THE LETTER (as well as some of the advice). Compared to other ROMs, this one is very elegant in the installation and in my opinion idiotproof (a relief for me more than most!). Everything worked except Google Maps, which just would get a fix on my location. Having also Nokia's own, vastly-improved version, I think it's somewhat over-rated anyway.

For any others experiencing a non-reponsive Maps app, here's what worked for me: uninstall the existing Maps app, then go and download it from the market and run as usual.

And thanks a million for the Froyo ROM - a quantum leap in usability over Eclair...

Guest chicarito

GPS seems to be fixed now after installing the lite rom. However, I prefer the launcher2 launcher rather than the ADWone. Is it possible to delete the ADWLauncher.apk and just copy and paste the Launcher2.apl from the two roms?

I tried to delete the ADWLauncher through ESFileExplorere but was not able to, while trying to install the Launcher2.apk did not work, any solution?

Edited by chicarito

Guest vivekvilas

On r3a and its running awesome.

one thing irritates me, once your call is answered the phone vibrates. the same goes for text messages, receive message sent notification and the phone vibrates.

pls need help to stop these vibrations. thanks.

Guest NickNuke33
On r3a and its running awesome.

one thing irritates me, once your call is answered the phone vibrates. the same goes for text messages, receive message sent notification and the phone vibrates.

pls need help to stop these vibrations. thanks.

+1

The vibration feature when a call is answered is starting to annoy me too :) ;)

Guest dRaCID01

Have same Problem..but my Location is : Königshagener Ring 6 / 37431 Bad Lautenberg - Harz

Weatherinfo's dont work and every app who needs GPS or a location Info, dont work for me !!!

Guest rayraven
yeap me too...but guy he is using MCR alpha 4 himself..sooo??.,,idk if he is willing to update or not!

+1, Am still on FLB as its rock solid for me.

Would love an update with the new leak as a base.

Guest drphibes

Hi

Just flashed this image to my sf and it looks like it worked except for one problem. When I try and send a text message I select the message icon, then choose new message but do not have any of my contacts available to choose from ? There is no icon to click to choose a contact ? When I try to call someone all my contacts are there.

Any idea what this odd problem is people ?

Cheers

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hi

Just flashed this image to my sf and it looks like it worked except for one problem. When I try and send a text message I select the message icon, then choose new message but do not have any of my contacts available to choose from ? There is no icon to click to choose a contact ? When I try to call someone all my contacts are there.

Any idea what this odd problem is people ?

Cheers

Enter the first few letters of their name, or their number, in the "To" box, which appears after you press the "new message/Compose" section.

Once you have started a conversation with someone, they will appear in a conversation list in that window.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest kidimon

feels a bit laggy, could it be possible because of TFT display?? I mean this ROM is for OLED version isnt it? Finnish Fillyjonk RLS4 is running just great on my blade :(

Guest przybylak

Hi - I'm having major issues with this ROM. After flashing it (which goes fine), and booting, I long press anything - clear space or a widget, and everything goes wrong. It no longer acknowledges any pressing correctly, doing seemingly random things, e.g. try to move to the next screen and instead the screen selector (the one you get when you press the home button when already at the home screen) comes up.

One theory - might I have the TFT version? I can't tell because I never saw the original build number (came already flashed with a diff ROM).

any thoughts appreciated - thanks.

Guest Phoenix Silver
Hi - I'm having major issues with this ROM. After flashing it (which goes fine), and booting, I long press anything - clear space or a widget, and everything goes wrong. It no longer acknowledges any pressing correctly, doing seemingly random things, e.g. try to move to the next screen and instead the screen selector (the one you get when you press the home button when already at the home screen) comes up.

One theory - might I have the TFT version? I can't tell because I never saw the original build number (came already flashed with a diff ROM).

any thoughts appreciated - thanks.

fibblesan's rom works fine with tft it's not the problem

have you made wipe data ? wipe cache ?

factory reset and reboot ?

Guys lets see if you can figure this one out.

Im currently on [OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM.

I download flb-froyo-blade-r3a.zip to my desktop and mount it onto my SD card.

Turn off phone phone and go into Clockworkmod v2.5.0.9 (modaco r2) and apply the ROM but it errors out reading....

E: Can't symlink/system/xbinbb

E: Faliure at line 88:

Symlink /system/xbin SYSTEM:xbin/bb

Installation aborted.

Whats going on ??

Whats strange is that I zipped the file to the desktop and I quite a notifications stating corropted files ??

Turn off phone phone and go into Clockworkmod v2.5.0.9 (modaco r2) and apply the ROM but it errors out reading....

Installation aborted.

Whats going on ??

Whats strange is that I zipped the file to the desktop and I quite a notifications stating corropted files ??

Same thing happened to me, make sure your using Clockworkmod Recovery 2.5.0.9 as this is the only one it works with...

I am, I think...

Im hoping other people can chime in on this.

Guest przybylak
fibblesan's rom works fine with tft it's not the problem

have you made wipe data ? wipe cache ?

factory reset and reboot ?

Yes, definitely. I'm having the same trouble with other ROMs (found out later that day) ... I think I'll go back to stock to make sure this isn't a hardware thing.

Installation aborted.

Whats going on ??

Anyone else ??

Guest Simon O

I'll try and get an update up by the weekend which will work with all clockwork recovery versions. The rom is now based on the recent Chinese rom but I'm looking at elements of the Japanese rom to see if there is anything useful for us.

I'll try and get an update up by the weekend which will work with all clockwork recovery versions. The rom is now based on the recent Chinese rom but I'm looking at elements of the Japanese rom to see if there is anything useful for us.

Cheers mate.

As you can tell, im eager to use this ROM :(