[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest madboffin
It certainly supports USB and wifi tethering without the need for any software in Windows. I would assume that it will also work in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. I don't have a way to test this though.

Fibblesan -Thanks for the very quick reply. When I leap to 2.2 I will provide feedback on the usability with Linux. I am holding back for the new kernel (next week ?) as I use the SF as my main phone and am concerned about the risk of the 'phone locking up/freezing just when i need it !

Guest Simon O
downloading now

what bugs if any?

The only bug that I can see right now is that videos play ever so slightly out of sync, but I get this on other Froyo roms. Hopefully when the new China rom is leaked I'll be able to fix this. Also I'm not sure if the touchscreen freezing has been fixed. I've not had the problem since moving to the stock lock screen though and my phone is always switched on.

Guest Davey7
Ok. Check the MD5 sums. I've downloaded the rom and the MD5 matches so it uploaded fine. If you still have problems then try updating clockwork.

OK it works. But only the file i've downloaded from the mirror worked (matched MD5),the other one didn't. Thanks again!

Guest Simon O
Fibblesan -Thanks for the very quick reply. When I leap to 2.2 I will provide feedback on the usability with Linux. I am holding back for the new kernel (next week ?) as I use the SF as my main phone and am concerned about the risk of the 'phone locking up/freezing just when i need it !

Sure. I really would like to know exactly what the cause of the issue for some people is as I'm not convinced it's caused by the kernel. I had the issue twice on earlier roms using the ZTE magnifier lock screen but never with the stock lock screen.

Guest Davey7

How should i set my account-contacts setting properly? If I install a new ROM i always see the local contacts with the little phone logo,and i'd like the android logo,that means i see my google contatcs directly and i can sync it normally. Now if i add a new contact i have to choose where do i want to save it (google account,local,SIM)... It's killing me.

Guest Frankish
Sure. I really would like to know exactly what the cause of the issue for some people is as I'm not convinced it's caused by the kernel. I had the issue twice on earlier roms using the ZTE magnifier lock screen but never with the stock lock screen.

I am as i have had the lock up on this rom, Pauls rom and both roms based on the softbank release. I've had it when using the stock lockscreen and the zte lockscreen. It's never a problem for me as it has never happened when i needed to use it for a call or anything and it happens maybe once a week tops!

Guest jasonXXx
I am as i have had the lock up on this rom, Pauls rom and both roms based on the softbank release. I've had it when using the stock lockscreen and the zte lockscreen. It's never a problem for me as it has never happened when i needed to use it for a call or anything and it happens maybe once a week tops!

Did this happen in sebs froyo?

Guest olionair
are there any themes that work on this rom?

The old theme i used for the last release just puts it in a bootloop :unsure:

look in first post there is a gingerbread theme

Guest popoyaya
a feature i don't like can you disable it?

when on the lock screen if you press menu the screen unlocks

This is the same with all roms when charger connected.

Guest strumluff

OK installed it, and installed the Gingerbread theme fine. I do have 1 fairly annoying problem that is the default dialer, I think this is the ZTE one? Well it force closes if you try and call anything. Are you aware?

Guest Blues003

Does anyone here have feedback regarding this r4 release versus Japanese Jellyfish's RLS3b? In particular, regarding speed, smoothness, and responsiveness?

Guest Simon O
OK installed it, and installed the Gingerbread theme fine. I do have 1 fairly annoying problem that is the default dialer, I think this is the ZTE one? Well it force closes if you try and call anything. Are you aware?

No force closes here. Are you calling a contact stored in the phone or typing a number in?

Guest islandofshame
No force closes here. Are you calling a contact stored in the phone or typing a number in?

alrite mate,

i had the exact same problem, I am currently running r3a though - I had to remove the zte dialler and instead use "dialler one" which functions pretty well :unsure:

hope this helps

- island B)

Guest strumluff

That was by calling a contact on my list. Same thing if I just try and type a number in.

Guest Simon O
a feature i don't like can you disable it?

when on the lock screen if you press menu the screen unlocks

Ok, I'll look at this and see if it can be disabled.

Update: Found it and fixed. Will upload an update.

That was by calling a contact on my list. Same thing if I just try and type a number in.

Sorry, I can't replicate this bug. Are the contacts stored on the SIM, in the phone or are Google contacts?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest strumluff
Sorry, I can't replicate this bug. Are the contacts stored on the SIM, in the phone or are Google contacts?

They're Google contacts that have been synced to the phone. If I dial a contact directly from the contacts app there is no problem.

Guest Simon O

Gingerbread theme updated to disable menu key unlock. Uploading fixed rom now and will update first post once done.

They're Google contacts that have been synced to the phone. If I dial a contact directly from the contacts app there is no problem.

Thanks. I'll dig into this and try to find a cause and a solution.

Can you tell me what mobile network you are using and does it crash with all numbers not in the contacts? I just tried it from a T-Mobile SIM by calling a mobile not in my contacts at all and it didn't crash.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

Just a quick warning. If you are planning to use any themes made by Frankish for MCR you will find that the HSDPA icon fix and menu unlock fix are undone.

Guest dune99

Hi flibblesan. Thanks for the rom. Just one question. I buy a Portuguese Blade but the speaker sound is to low during the calls. Can i fix it with same custon rom or you know any app that can help me?

And if you can please give me news about the other phone.

Guest strumluff
Gingerbread theme updated to disable menu key unlock. Uploading fixed rom now and will update first post once done.

Thanks. I'll dig into this and try to find a cause and a solution.

Can you tell me what mobile network you are using and does it crash with all numbers not in the contacts? I just tried it from a T-Mobile SIM by calling a mobile not in my contacts at all and it didn't crash.

Thanks a lot, that'll be great - I have installed Dialer One in the meantime, let me know if there is anything you would like me to test. Well, it FCs with all numbers, including manually entered numbers, the very second Call is pressed you get an immediate FC.

I'm also using a T-Mobile SIM =/.

I tried clearing the data in Dialer and Dialer storage but that didn't help.

Guest Simon O
Thanks a lot, that'll be great - I have installed Dialer One in the meantime, let me know if there is anything you would like me to test. Well, it FCs with all numbers, including manually entered numbers, the very second Call is pressed you get an immediate FC.

I'm also using a T-Mobile SIM =/.

I tried clearing the data in Dialer and Dialer storage but that didn't help.

Would you be able to do something to help with this please? Install "Error adb logcat log dump" or alogcat then open the ZTE Dialer and try dialing a number. When it force closes open the Error app then log to logbox and email. Email the log to yourself then copy and paste it into pastebin.com or this thread please. Many thanks.