[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest wahyan

Is it possible to release just an update.zip for update from r5 to r5a? :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, just need to replace the email app~

Edited by wahyan

Guest capt.kipper

I am using an earlier version of this Rom but google market has not updated to the newer one.

Is there a way to manually update the market?

Could I use the market update in the current rom in some way?

Thanks

Guest Simon O
For me the A2SD doesn't work (first install, reboot, then go into revovery and install A2SD zip). The EXT2 partition is fine, was in use with the previous install.

If I go into terminal and type su, and then a2sd check, then it says a2sd not found. So the script hasn't installed it?

No worries, I'll wait :unsure:

a2sd check etc doesn't work. That only works with Darktremor.

Guest SWOriginal

Flibblesan is there any file that depends on the stock android keyboard? whenever i remove from the rom and add either the htc or gingerbread before flashing i get constant force closes of the selected keyboard... i prefer to include the keyboard in the rom instead of manually installing after

Guest jonathonf
Flibblesan is there any file that depends on the stock android keyboard? whenever i remove from the rom and add either the htc or gingerbread before flashing i get constant force closes of the selected keyboard... i prefer to include the keyboard in the rom instead of manually installing after
If you extract GingerbreadKeyboard.apk from one of kallt_kaffe's ROMs you can include that, or install after the fact.

Guest SWOriginal
If you extract GingerbreadKeyboard.apk from one of kallt_kaffe's ROMs you can include that, or install after the fact.

Not the case with me, every keyboard i place in the rom before flashing force closes, perhaps an issue with Sebastian's clockwork(couldnt even flash the htc keyboard ) had to manually install the .apk

Guest gambieter
a2sd check etc doesn't work. That only works with Darktremor.

Ah. Anyway, Quick System Info didn't report the A2SD usage of the EXT2 partition either, which it does do on the Modaco Froyo R5. Hence why I think it isn't working for me. Since I am travelling the rest of the week I won't test any further, but will check back next week :unsure:

Guest Simon O
Ah. Anyway, Quick System Info didn't report the A2SD usage of the EXT2 partition either, which it does do on the Modaco Froyo R5. Hence why I think it isn't working for me. Since I am travelling the rest of the week I won't test any further, but will check back next week :unsure:

I'll look at adding Darktremor to the rom as it's more flexible.

edit: forget that... doesn't work properly. Going to stick with the one I'm currently using.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest andysee

hi,

small point - can you change the link name for the FM Radio app - I am sure androko is actually a cool guy.

EDIT>>

FM radio ...

apologies to you Mr Flib..

the typo is on andorko's own site for his radio !

signed at the bottom of the page as androko

just flashing your ROM - Paul's was giving me the repeating 'acore' fail errors.

Most searches for the error had inconclusive solutions - either 'lucky' or not specified.

your ROM includes andorkos FM - which looks very nice - thanks

Edited by andysee

Guest factro

Does ne1 have this problem??

When I try dialing number from contact, it takes lot of time to show the windows with where it dials the number, sometime it takes lot more time, like more than 5min, and i try dialing number manually too and it wont show that windows either??...i also try this with dialer one too, its not having either..

Edited by factro

Guest 5ubtil
I currently use R4 can i just flash R5A from recovery without wiping?

Nice rom, great work!

I've just done it... from r4a to r5a. No problem so far.

Great ROM by the way. I've been using your roms since R2, thanks Flibblesan.

Edited by 5ubtil

Guest Simon O
Does ne1 have this problem??

When I try dialing number from contact, it takes lot of time to show the windows with where it dials the number, sometime it takes lot more time, like more than 5min, and i try dialing number manually too and it wont show that windows either??...i also try this with dialer one too, its not having either..

Not seeing this myself. Anyone else getting it?

Guest Simon O

Anyone wanting to test A2SD I've updated an update on the first page. This adds a modified Cyanogen A2SD script along with ext2 libs so any application that can detect A2SD partitions such as Quick System Info will now show the used and free space on ext.

No configuration for this. If you have an EXT2/EXT3 partition then it'll work. If you don't then it won't do anything. The Froyo A2SD still works if you want to use it.

Guest factro
Anyone wanting to test A2SD I've updated an update on the first page. This adds a modified Cyanogen A2SD script along with ext2 libs so any application that can detect A2SD partitions such as Quick System Info will now show the used and free space on ext.

No configuration for this. If you have an EXT2/EXT3 partition then it'll work. If you don't then it won't do anything. The Froyo A2SD still works if you want to use it.

I am going to try this now..I have EXT2 partition..and reinstall rom too..

Guest SWOriginal
Not seeing this myself. Anyone else getting it?

Nope,

only a few issues here-

[1] cant add a keyboard to the rom before flashing (causes force closes)

[2] task manager (added to rom before flashing) from japjelly dont show in appdraw & cannot install through root explorer

[3] unlike japjelly google maps does not allow 2point rotation

Guest Simon O
Nope,

only a few issues here-

[1] cant add a keyboard to the rom before flashing (causes force closes)

[2] task manager (added to rom before flashing) from japjelly dont show in appdraw & cannot install through root explorer

[3] unlike japjelly google maps does not allow 2point rotation

1) If you mean the HTC keyboard then you also need to place the libs into /system/lib/

2) Use task manager from Pauls ROM. I'll add it back to r6

3) Two finger rotation doesn't work for a lot of devices but if it works in JJ then I'll see if I can enable this somehow.

Guest SWOriginal
1) If you mean the HTC keyboard then you also need to place the libs into /system/lib/

Didnt realise there was any libs, could you point me to them? :unsure:, ive manually installed it now anyway so not much of an issue.

Ive deleted pauls rom now but i'll wait for you to update your rom.

kallt_kaffe said he changed a string (either in the app itself or build prop) you'll have to ask B)

Guest Simon O
Didnt realise there was any libs, could you point me to them? B), ive manually installed it now anyway so not much of an issue.

Ive deleted pauls rom now but i'll wait for you to update your rom.

kallt_kaffe said he changed a string (either in the app itself or build prop) you'll have to ask :angry:

Fixed the two finger rotation :unsure: You need to add the following line to android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct" />

For the HTC IME to work firstly rename it from apk to zip and open it up in WinRAR or something. copy the libt99.so from lib/armeabi into /system/lib/ then rename the HTC file back to apk

You have to do this for any APK that installs libs. If you don't then it'll crash.

TaskManager.apk. TaskManager.rar extract and push to /system/app/

Edited by flibblesan

Guest factro

I just tryied your A2SD with r5 Rom and now icant get wifi to connect to router??..it keeps scanning and stuck when obtainig IP address??

Does it matter the way i install zip file, what i did was, wipe all my partition and install r5a and then install A2SD zip??

do i need to boot first and then reboot and install A2SD??

Guest SWOriginal
copy the libt99.so from lib/armeabi into /system/lib/ then rename the HTC file back to apk

You have to do this for any APK that installs libs. If you don't then it'll crash.

Cheers fixed the keyboard issue & task manager, i'll wait for r6 for the maps issue (using a linux machine & android xml piss me off :unsure:)

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Simon O
I just tryied your A2SD with r5 Rom and now icant get wifi to connect to router??..it keeps scanning and stuck when obtainig IP address??

Does it matter the way i install zip file, what i did was, wipe all my partition and install r5a and then install A2SD zip??

do i need to boot first and then reboot and install A2SD??

Can you download this fixed update and flash it again please. flb-a2sd.zip

the earlier update broke some permissions sorry.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest factro
Can you download this fixed update and flash it again please. flb-a2sd.zip

the earlier update broke some permissions sorry.

hehe..i do it now!! and

where can i find this file

android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml ??