[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Lew247

I've installed it on 2 phones now and its doing the same on both for some unknown reason

works fine at first

restart the phone and the market won't download

and later Google talk won't sign in yet everything else signs in perfectly, gmail and all the rest

Out of curiousity, how did you manage to fix the lock screen so it show's the correct network? ie mins now correctly shows giffgaff and it looks so much nicer like that

Edited by Lew247

Guest Pakatus

Bump...

Any config i can add?

@FlibbleSan

Great work with r5a.

Just a thing i have noticed.

All your roms dont allow people to choose sms notification sounds, even when you're downloading a tune from zedge or other 3rd party app.

Simply we cant set a sound a sms notification.

I remember that MCR has this option.

Any special reason to? Just would love to differ from the sms notification from other system event notifications (as email).

Thank you for your work

Guest Simon O
@FlibbleSan

Great work with r5a.

Just a thing i have noticed.

All your roms dont allow people to choose sms notification sounds, even when you're downloading a tune from zedge or other 3rd party app.

Simply we cant set a sound a sms notification.

I remember that MCR has this option.

Any special reason to? Just would love to differ from the sms notification from other system event notifications (as email).

Thank you for your work

The ROM has this function. You can set a custom SMS noficiation by pressing "menu" in the messenging app then Select Ringtone. make sure your phone isn't on silent or it won't work.

No problems with other system notifications either.

Guest Simon O
I've installed it on 2 phones now and its doing the same on both for some unknown reason

works fine at first

restart the phone and the market won't download

and later Google talk won't sign in yet everything else signs in perfectly, gmail and all the rest

Out of curiousity, how did you manage to fix the lock screen so it show's the correct network? ie mins now correctly shows giffgaff and it looks so much nicer like that

Didn't even know I fixed the lock screen.

I'll leave my phone on battery connected to 3G and see if I can replicate the issue you are having. Approximately how long did it take for the market to not work for you?

This might be completely useless but whilst your phone has the issue could you please turn on the wifi then turn it off then disable the data connection and enable again. Give the phone a reboot and see if this now connects to talk.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Pakatus
The ROM has this function. You can set a custom SMS noficiation by pressing "menu" in the messenging app then Select Ringtone. make sure your phone isn't on silent or it won't work.

No problems with other system notifications either.

Sorry...really my bad.

Phone was on silence.

BTW: a little offtopic but take a look at the new Go Launcher. As much as i've seen is quite powerfull for a free launcher :unsure: Might be even a option for the new FLB builds.

Thank you.

Guest Never Again

Hallo, fibblesan!

At first I wanna say: really a very good work! Thanx a lot!

But there is one thing I miss: a German translation.

In German there is an different keyboard (qwertz and ä, ö, ü).

Also the names of the icons under the button "menu" are also in English.

Well I can live with this "faults" but it would look much better if all would be in the same language.

My request is not that you should translate all.

I would be glad enough if you would show me where and how I can change it.

With kind regards

Mario

Edited by Never Again

Guest Lew247
Didn't even know I fixed the lock screen.

I'll leave my phone on battery connected to 3G and see if I can replicate the issue you are having. Approximately how long did it take for the market to not work for you?

This might be completely useless but whilst your phone has the issue could you please turn on the wifi then turn it off then disable the data connection and enable again. Give the phone a reboot and see if this now connects to talk.

I didn't notice it for ages the 1st time and I went through everything to try and figure out what had changed

the only thing that happened was I had restarted the phone.

Tried the data enable/disable nothing

also tried the same with wifi and nothing

then tried signing into google talk using just wifi and nope

Just rebooted and its made no difference

Its really wierd because when the rom was 1st installed it was perfect, rebooted and those 2 things stop - which is annoying as they are needed.

Guest Simon O
I didn't notice it for ages the 1st time and I went through everything to try and figure out what had changed

the only thing that happened was I had restarted the phone.

Tried the data enable/disable nothing

also tried the same with wifi and nothing

then tried signing into google talk using just wifi and nope

Just rebooted and its made no difference

Its really wierd because when the rom was 1st installed it was perfect, rebooted and those 2 things stop - which is annoying as they are needed.

Really sorry you're having problems. I'll keep monitoring to see if I can replicate the issue on my phone. Have you tried installing any other ROM and does that work OK?

Guest Lew247

yeh I was using the Mocado alpha 5 till yesterday, gone back to it now again and its all ok again

Really strange

I wil try your rom again, as I was using your first one for ages and loved it till the mocado one was released then went to that

Hopefully once this new rom source is released tomorrow (if it gets released) it will have some updates that stop this happening.

Guest Simon O
yeh I was using the Mocado alpha 5 till yesterday, gone back to it now again and its all ok again

Really strange

I wil try your rom again, as I was using your first one for ages and loved it till the mocado one was released then went to that

Hopefully once this new rom source is released tomorrow (if it gets released) it will have some updates that stop this happening.

Oddly the chap with the same issue running Jellyfish is using GiffGaff too. He fixed it by resetting connections using the GiffGaff app.

Guest WodgeFTW

Really liking this rom, fast and stable, but the battery life is awful, started work at 5am (yes, i know, silly bugger time to start work) and the battery was on it's last legs by 8am. I sent 2 text messages and did a few tweets, nothing major, was on charge overnight.

Any ideas?

Guest Simon O
Really liking this rom, fast and stable, but the battery life is awful, started work at 5am (yes, i know, silly bugger time to start work) and the battery was on it's last legs by 8am. I sent 2 text messages and did a few tweets, nothing major, was on charge overnight.

Any ideas?

"Settings > About Phone > Battery use" and it should give you an idea what is using the battery.

it might be CheckinProvider.apk causing this. It's a HTC app and didn't come on our phones originally so no idea why it's even added. It has been known to cause high CPU usage so I've deleted it from my phone with, so far, no issues.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest WodgeFTW
"Settings > About Phone > Battery use" and it should give you an idea what is using the battery.

Did have a gander, nothing out of the ordinary, anyone else having the issue?

I'm thinking i'll have a go doing that power cycling thing on the battery.

Guest Simon O
I've got a similar problem - seems to be the Maps app that is gobbling my juice - any suggestions FLB?

A few people reporting issues with the new market on several devices. Hopefully Google will update this. You could try turning the GPS off.

Guest danz0l
Oddly the chap with the same issue running Jellyfish is using GiffGaff too. He fixed it by resetting connections using the GiffGaff app.

This could all be related to giffgaff to be honest. I had intermittent problems after installing your rom with 3g (comes up with a H ?) and automatically assumed it was the rom and not the provider (don't we all LOL). I would find that internet would come and go and sometimes it seems only a reboot was the cure. I did notice however that forcing the phone to use GSM only kept a stable, but slow connection.

SO to try and remedy this i used apn backup & restore to remove all the found providers on my phone (alongside giffgaff it had found tesco and O2 also, all the same provider really) and installed my own apns from a working R2.1 rom. Still the same issues :unsure: Tried for ages then had an idea to check the wifes phone, shes still on pauls 2.1 rom using the same phone. Low and behold she didn't have internet either, pretty much ruling out the rom and pointing a big fat finger at giffgaff.

My internet appears to have been fine all day so although this might not be the same cause as the original poster, it could well be the case ?

Guest strumluff

Raaaar I hate the screen freeze problem, on r3a I had 1 in 3 weeks, I've only had r4+ installed for a couple of days and already had one :'( Bring on the kernel ZTE?

Guest Simon O
Raaaar I hate the screen freeze problem, on r3a I had 1 in 3 weeks, I've only had r4+ installed for a couple of days and already had one :'( Bring on the kernel ZTE?

I think a new kernel is going to be the only fix for this :unsure:

Guest nedmundo1
I'm finding the messenger force closes - anyone else? Otherwise - great work FLB!

A full factory wipe and reset fixed this issue - if I'm not mistaken, all now running perfectly, apart from power draining, but that's probably app related.

Guest Simon O
A full factory wipe and reset fixed this issue - if I'm not mistaken, all now running perfectly, apart from power draining, but that's probably app related.

I found one app that is added to custom roms, CheckinProvider.apk, was causing high usage so I deleted it from my phone. As it's a HTC app it hasn't broken anything in Android. I'm delaying an update to this ROM for a few days whilst I test some updates I've applied and see how the phone reacts.

Guest Lew247

I had already tried deleting the apn and even used apn backup and restore to put a definately working apn in and it made no difference

as did disabling then re-enabling data or forcing it into gsm mode only

Guest chocman

found a bug with r5a that i did not see on r4 or r5, when i switch on 3g and autosync then turn them both off my phone is losing its signal, it stays off for about 10 seconds then comes back on with just one bar. if i reboot the phone and dont turn them on it stays at full signal.

Guest Simon O
found a bug with r5a that i did not see on r4 or r5, when i switch on 3g and autosync then turn them both off my phone is losing its signal, it stays off for about 10 seconds then comes back on with just one bar. if i reboot the phone and dont turn them on it stays at full signal.

Thanks. I'll see if I can replicate this and produce a fix.

Guest Swift_gti

Does this rom suffer from the 'touchscreen not responding' problem that Japanese Jellyfish does ?

I put that on my wife's blade the other day and she has had to remove her battery 5 times yesterday because the touchscreen wouldn't respond when the phone woke up (it's a known issue with that rom)

Guest Simon O
Does this rom suffer from the 'touchscreen not responding' problem that Japanese Jellyfish does ?

I put that on my wife's blade the other day and she has had to remove her battery 5 times yesterday because the touchscreen wouldn't respond when the phone woke up (it's a known issue with that rom)

Every Froyo ROM can have that issue.