[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest whatcolour
U da man! Now waiting for the BIG release :-)

Tested and working fine :-) If convenient, CalendarProvider.apk needs its icon set updated to hdpi as well, but do ignore if too much trouble!

Guest Simon O
Hi i have installed this and this is the first rom i have installed.

The phone now is just looping on showing ZTE for the past 5 mins

Is that normal?

I thought normally the green man stays on for a long time on first boot and not this ZTE splash screen?

You will need to do a full wipe in recovery and install again

Guest bob100
You will need to do a full wipe in recovery and install again

Thanks just done that and working

Also wondering how do i set the phone so that it using wifi in priority over 3g?

Also i just tried connected via usb the phone to the pc but im windows are saying drivers not installed but was working phone before as a mass storage before updated to this rom. Any help here please?

And lastly i installed Talking Tom Free Game from App Market and it is running with lag. Is there any way to get better performance here

Thanks

Edited by bob100

Guest bigkebab

Hi Im a total newbe, I have a ZTE BLADE im managed to route and get rid of orange stuff. I need to get 2.2 for it now. Is this possible and I need some

simple instructions as Iv got learning problems. I would really want a person to help me.

Regards

quote name='flibblesan' date='Nov 16 2010, 02:28' post='1475774']

What is FLB-Froyo G2?

It's a ROM based upon the most recent Chinese Froyo ROM for the ZTE Blade with all operator customisations removed and elements from the T-Mobile US G2 ROM added. This is designed to provide the most vanilla Froyo experience for the ZTE Blade along with some speed.

What is included in the ROM?

- Google Car Home

- Google Desk Clock

- Google TTS

- WiFi Status notifier

- Gallery 3D

- News & Weather Widget

- Stock Android Launcher

- Google Listen

- Full Live Wallpapers

- Google Maps

- Quick Office

- Google Talk

- Android Terminal

- Google Market

- ROM Manager

- Spare Parts

- Voice Search

- Voice Dialer

- YouTube

- FM Radio by andorko with custom theme

Changes

- Stock Browser.apk with no Chinese bookmarks.

- Settings.apk reverted to stock with no ZTE hand service

- HSDPA icon enabled

- Hardware Acceleration enabled

- ZTE Boot Animation

- Menu button unlock disabled

- Most system apps updated. All Google apps updated to latest versions as of 1st January 2011

- Default wallpaper taken from T-Mobile US G2 (HTC Vision)

- Stagefright fixes. MP3 playback fully working, streaming working.

- Coarse location works. AGPS enabled. GPS set to use UK based time server (quicker than gpsonextra)

- SIM lock fix by Paul O'Brien

- Froyo Apps2FAT enabled and working. If the app has not moved to SD automatically then you can try and move using Settings > Applications > SD card. For moving all applications download Move2SD Enabler (Root) from the market.

Current Version

Download: flb-froyo-blade-r5a.zip Mirror (93.9 MB) MD5 A4DCE454F5BC090E212113CDCBE7B74E

Optional Apps2SD update. Needs an EXT2 partition on your SD card to function (testing) flb-a2sd.zip

use Quick System Info to verify if A2SD is working.

Gingerbread theme

Small update that will replace the framework-res.apk with my custom Gingerbread theme and a themed Launcher2.apk

Download: Gingerbread

Other Themes (by Frankish. Modified by myself)

HTC Desire Sense

HTC Desire Slate

Revo

ROM is compatible with all versions of Clockwork recovery. However you are strongly advised to updated recovery to 2.5.1.8 if you are planning to use Apps2SD. You can get this here: Clockworkmod Recovery 2.5.1.8

Older versions removed due to being based on an older and unstable rom.

Important: First boot will be slow and the system sluggish due to various system scripts running. Wait for the phone to boot then reboot once. After the second boot the phone will be much better.

Thanks to: Paul O'Brien, DJ Steve, andorko. If I'm using something you did and I didn't credit you, let me know.

Guest steff.jay
Yeah it won't take long to release this ROM. So far it's working fine without all the ZTE crap.

mhh... tomorrow I would have much time for testing :unsure: B)

Guest strumluff

I have a question, I'm not sure if this is really the right place but I'm hoping someone can answer (I did start a thread for this before but received no replies and it's been bugging me for ages). How do you add a proxy for a wifi connection? I can find no option to set one, and I need it to be able to access wifi at work (corporate wifi >_<).

Is there any ROM for the blade where I can set this up? Is it possible on yours flibble?

Guest Tripov
Good work!

This version contains the Portuguese language?

Almost! Some texts are still in english. And the messaging module is one perfect example (only search is translated to portuguese, even the settings page are all in english):

post-805603-1294252701_thumb.png

post-805603-1294252755_thumb.png

But still it worth it. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

Guest Arr Too
How do you add a proxy for a wifi connection? I can find no option to set one

There is a hidden option for setting a proxy, but it's hidden because it doesn't actually work: the Browser ignores this setting (as does the rest of the OS). Don't know why Google are seemingly ignoring the many users who are forced to use a proxy (e.g. students).

Edited by Arr Too

Guest strumluff
There is a hidden option for setting a proxy, but it's hidden because it doesn't actually work: the Browser ignores this setting (as does the rest of the OS). Don't know why Google are seemingly ignoring the many users who are forced to use a proxy (e.g. students).

Wow that's shocking. I know that the option is available on the Samsung Galaxy S so it must be possible to code it in, have there not been any mods that enable this?

Guest Simon O
Almost! Some texts are still in english. And the messaging module is one perfect example (only search is translated to portuguese, even the settings page are all in english):

post-805603-1294252701_thumb.png

post-805603-1294252755_thumb.png

But still it worth it. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

That has been fixed in r6. Hope to release in the next few days.

Guest kalderista

Hi guys!

I've been trying this rom for a week and I have to say that I'm surprissed with the relayavility of the ROM but I'm surprisssed as well because I 've realised that ZTE blade handset with froyo get the screen freeze, and it seems that is something usual.

Is there any reason to use this ROM with my white ZTE blade if it dosesn't work 3 times per day?? I've to put out the battery to restart the handset. Does anyone think like me???? I'm really surprised about it...

Anyway, I know it's a kernell isue and I have to say it's the best ROM I've tried till now despite of the freezing isue but not usable if my phone doesn't work randomly

Edited by kalderista

Guest nedmundo1
The Maps app is annoying a lot of people on many devices. Disable "Use wireless networks" in "location and security settings" if you haven't done.

Still gobbling up 50% of power use. I've uninstalled them for now, until google decide to update and fix.

Guest Jurglc
I have r5 installed on my SanFrancisco TFT from Swiss with 3.2MP camera, the rom is working fast in smooth but I have one problem (for now :-)

Camera dosn't work (after the reboot i can see pictre through the camera but when I hit the snapshot button picture freez (i can exit with home button), the next time i run the camera i get a message "Camera has stopped working..." or " Cannot connect to camera"

If anyone know what's the problem please post it.

Thanks and continue excellent work!

Realy nobody have a problem with camera?

On my Blade still not working :-(

Guest Simon O
Realy nobody have a problem with camera?

On my Blade still not working :-(

Have you tried another camera application from the market like Vignette? There is a demo version you can try to see if your camera is actually working in the ROM. If it works then you'll need a replacement Camera app. If it doesn't work then it's probably the kernel not supporting your camera which means sadly you'll have to wait until we have a new kernel.

Guest zaphan58

I just installed this ROM and now I keep getting this every couple of minutes "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" any ideas? :unsure:

Guest kijb66

Hi Im a total newbie,done a bit of research installed flb-froyo-blade-r5a.zip,yes websites viewed in the browser seem to be shown a bit smaller and the battery was draining quite quick so i removed the HTC checkin provider apk in titanium, also removed the news and weather widget and Disabled Use wireless networks other than that seems great!

thanks

I would love to try this rom but after installing and rebooting it just sits at the green android man and does nothing. Thought it was just taking longer to boot up as per the first post so left it for apprx 35 minutes and it was still stuck on the android green man screen. Thought it could be a problem with rom I had downloaded so re-downloaded tonight and tried a reinstall and that fails to even install (the rom that did install but hangs at the android man i downladed on 3/1/11 and is v5a aswell). Any ideas why its not working?

Guest extrovert

I am a newbie and I have successfully installed this rom by following the instructions. There is no teethering app on my phone. I knew that 2.2 comes with teethering app but I can't see any on my phone.

Could someone please help me with this and also how can I move apps to my sd card. When I go to settings it doesn't give me the option to move apps to sd card.

Thanks

Guest fredewis
I am a newbie and I have successfully installed this rom by following the instructions. There is no teethering app on my phone. I knew that 2.2 comes with teethering app but I can't see any on my phone.

Could someone please help me with this and also how can I move apps to my sd card. When I go to settings it doesn't give me the option to move apps to sd card.

Thanks

is not a app is on settings just like wifi is called tethering then u activated !.....hope it helps