[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest kalderista
I would love to try this rom but after installing and rebooting it just sits at the green android man and does nothing. Thought it was just taking longer to boot up as per the first post so left it for apprx 35 minutes and it was still stuck on the android green man screen. Thought it could be a problem with rom I had downloaded so re-downloaded tonight and tried a reinstall and that fails to even install (the rom that did install but hangs at the android man i downladed on 3/1/11 and is v5a aswell). Any ideas why its not working?

Try to wipe cache partition and data. May be you forgot it... it happened to me,

Guest Simon O
I would love to try this rom but after installing and rebooting it just sits at the green android man and does nothing. Thought it was just taking longer to boot up as per the first post so left it for apprx 35 minutes and it was still stuck on the android green man screen. Thought it could be a problem with rom I had downloaded so re-downloaded tonight and tried a reinstall and that fails to even install (the rom that did install but hangs at the android man i downladed on 3/1/11 and is v5a aswell). Any ideas why its not working?

Your phone is getting stuck before it even starts loading the OS. Are you 100% sure the rom downloaded without any problems? Checked the MD5? What version of Clockwork Recovery did you use to install the rom? Do you have a TFT or OLED device?

Guest Simon O
I just installed this ROM and now I keep getting this every couple of minutes "Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" any ideas? :unsure:

Not without some information. Did you upgrade from another rom or a previous version of this rom? What version? Did you wipe?

Guest buboleck

Well everything works very good, but battery life is very very short. Full to 20% for about 8-9h. I tried to install Pauls MoDaCo Custom ROM r4 but installation failed with error something like "board does not support mtd" so I'm now afraid to try anything. Please share some info if I'm doing it wrong going back to 2.1? How to get back properly?

Guest Simon O
Hi Im a total newbie,done a bit of research installed flb-froyo-blade-r5a.zip,yes websites viewed in the browser seem to be shown a bit smaller and the battery was draining quite quick so i removed the HTC checkin provider apk in titanium, also removed the news and weather widget and Disabled Use wireless networks other than that seems great!

thanks

What websites are showing smaller and smaller than what? Another rom?

Your phone is getting stuck before it even starts loading the OS. Are you 100% sure the rom downloaded without any problems? Checked the MD5? What version of Clockwork Recovery did you use to install the rom? Do you have a TFT or OLED device?

As far as I can tell it downloaded ok and installed via clockwork recovery 2.5.1.8 (which I had to install via the alternative method from here) Its the OLED version and the MD5 checked out ok when I installed it.

Guest Simon O
Well everything works very good, but battery life is very very short. Full to 20% for about 8-9h. I tried to install Pauls MoDaCo Custom ROM r4 but installation failed with error something like "board does not support mtd" so I'm now afraid to try anything. Please share some info if I'm doing it wrong going back to 2.1? How to get back properly?

Battery life is short thanks to the latest Google Maps application.

Guest buboleck

I mean no offense here, I just need the phone usable longer. What about the "flashing" back to 2.1? I applied your rom without problem. May be I should install " ClockworkMod recovery" again?

Guest Simon O
I mean no offense here, I just need the phone usable longer. What about the "flashing" back to 2.1? I applied your rom without problem. May be I should install " ClockworkMod recovery" again?

You can flash any 2.1 rom just like this rom without any issues. You will need to wipe data and cache first though inside clockwork.

I know you didn't mean any offense.. I'm just fed up with the Maps application itself for being a battery killer.

Guest zaphan58
Not without some information. Did you upgrade from another rom or a previous version of this rom? What version? Did you wipe?

I was using Paul's old r4 before I flashed to your Froyo. I had cleared the cache but nothing else. I've done a factory reset now which has sorted the problem although I've lost all my SMS messages B) Thanks for the ROM anyway I'm going to have a play with it now and see how it goes :unsure:

Guest buboleck
You can flash any 2.1 rom just like this rom without any issues. You will need to wipe data and cache first though inside clockwork.

I know you didn't mean any offense.. I'm just fed up with the Maps application itself for being a battery killer.

Hell... failed again.

"formating BOOT:....

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 420:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img boot:

Installation failed"

:unsure:

Guest Simon O
Hell... failed again.

"formating BOOT:....

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 420:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img boot:

Installation failed"

:unsure:

What version of recovery did you install?

Guest nedmundo1

I think this is now the nearest I'll get to a ROM thats perfectly for my requirements. The Maps issue is beyond the devs control, but everything else on mine works swiftly and without any hiccups. It'll be interesting to see if there is any advantage with the official Froyo ROM is released.

Keep up the good work FLB!

Guest lineage

Hi, it seems to have a problem when I tried to use facebook photo upload, it keeps at 0%... Otherwise the rom is PERFECT!!

Thanks a lot for the great job. :unsure:

Guest sensory

Just wondering, why does my 3G data connection icon in the taskbar show up with the letter 'H' instead of '3G'? I tried it on two different themes (Desire Slate and Gingerbread) and they both use the 'H' icon. It's only cosmetic, so it's not a problem.. just curious.

Keep up the great work!

P.S. I don't notice any battery drain because of the new Google Maps update. Nothing out of the ordinary battery-usage-wise with this or any ROM.

Guest Jurglc
Have you tried another camera application from the market like Vignette? There is a demo version you can try to see if your camera is actually working in the ROM. If it works then you'll need a replacement Camera app. If it doesn't work then it's probably the kernel not supporting your camera which means sadly you'll have to wait until we have a new kernel.

Thanks for the tip, I installed Vignette app but still not working it is the same story I got a measge " The camera hardwere is not responding. "

So the original ROM is the only solution for now if I want camera working?

Is the new relese will solve the baterry life problem?

Thanks for your answers and your time.

For now, this rom is best you can get for Blade.

Thanks!!

Guest themighysquitt
What websites are showing smaller and smaller than what? Another rom?

I'm having a similar problem with some websites shown smaller including this site but I'm using dolphin browser now!!

Guest aeronic

Thanks for this rom. Works great.

One question however, I did this upgrade with a 2gb SD card, and partitioned it as 512/0 so that I can move apps to the SD card.

Is there a particular process I should follow to change that 2gb SD card to an 8gb one?

Second question: If i want to update to a new rom in the future, is there a recommended process for backing up user data, settings and apps. I have 2.5.1.8 clockwork installed.

Thanks for the help and rom.

Hi,

Do you have a link to information about the Maps issue - I did a google search for Google maps, android and battery usage, but didnt come up with anything on the latest version. Do we know if Google are working on a fix?

Thanks

Kihon.

P.S. Great ROM btw - thanks for your hard work!

Guest super san francisco

I have sorted out my problem with ES File Explorer via Reboot. Nothing funky going on anymore.

However i have another problem, that occurs mostly on 2.2 Roms to me, even though i sometimes had it with 2.1:

When in a call, no matter who called, the sounds messes up, just glitches everytime the other person talks, after some seconds of glitches, the sound just disappears. Then, what is even worse, the dialer becomes unresponsive, i can't cancel the call, the time just goes on...

pressing homekey works, but how far does that get me... the call still is pending

what could this mean, i just had a call, where this happened 3 times in a row.... was far less common on 2.1 rom, maybe once a week...