[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Hi,

Do you have a link to information about the Maps issue - I did a google search for Google maps, android and battery usage, but didnt come up with anything on the latest version. Do we know if Google are working on a fix?

Here

Guest Simon O
I'm having a similar problem with some websites shown smaller including this site but I'm using dolphin browser now!!

Ok, that's strange. Don't think I changed anything to cause this.. did you have the issue in any other roms?

Guest Simon O

I know some people are waiting for the next release and sorry it's not here yet. So far the phone has survived 18 hours without a reboot and battery is 44% but I have Google Maps 5 installed. Google Maps 5 is showing 65% battery usage on my phone B)

Signal strength is being shown correctly now which some people asked about. As I've moved to the stock Android dialer this has meant that the ZTE Dialer no longer functions. I have tried to get this back working but it's proving difficult. The only reason I can think of that people would want this is for T9 dialing anyway which other dialers like DialerOne can do fine.

Stagefright has been disabled in the ROM with no noticable performance issues. Obviously disabling Stagefright makes Quadrant scores lower but the high scores were a result of Quadrant skipping some media tests due to faulty Stagefright libraries and this gave an artificially high score. Anyway I can play Solipskier and Fruit Ninja fine so I'm happy :unsure:

What I might do about the Maps issue is downgrade to an earlier version then you have the choice to update to version 5 through the market if you want to. What do people think about that?

the Browser issue some people are reporting.. I'll look into this and see if I can either fix it or use a apk from another device.

One last thing.. the changes I've made to the ROM meant I had to resign the system. This meant that themes for r4/r5 won't work. I've resigned the Gingerbread theme and it works fine and I'll fix the other themes too. Hopefully I'll have a release by this weekend.

Thanks for being patient.

Guest whatcolour
I know some people are waiting for the next release and sorry it's not here yet. So far the phone has survived 18 hours without a reboot and battery is 44% but I have Google Maps 5 installed. Google Maps 5 is showing 65% battery usage on my phone B)

Signal strength is being shown correctly now which some people asked about. As I've moved to the stock Android dialer this has meant that the ZTE Dialer no longer functions. I have tried to get this back working but it's proving difficult. The only reason I can think of that people would want this is for T9 dialing anyway which other dialers like DialerOne can do fine.

Stagefright has been disabled in the ROM with no noticable performance issues. Obviously disabling Stagefright makes Quadrant scores lower but the high scores were a result of Quadrant skipping some media tests due to faulty Stagefright libraries and this gave an artificially high score. Anyway I can play Solipskier and Fruit Ninja fine so I'm happy :unsure:

What I might do about the Maps issue is downgrade to an earlier version then you have the choice to update to version 5 through the market if you want to. What do people think about that?

the Browser issue some people are reporting.. I'll look into this and see if I can either fix it or use a apk from another device.

One last thing.. the changes I've made to the ROM meant I had to resign the system. This meant that themes for r4/r5 won't work. I've resigned the Gingerbread theme and it works fine and I'll fix the other themes too. Hopefully I'll have a release by this weekend.

Thanks for the update m8. Looking forward as always!

Guest heardby

Hey Flib Thanks for all your work on this. Fantastic ROM so far and sure your suggestions will only improve it.

Incidentally, I'm using your r5 and no issues with maps 5 eating battery (currently 45%, charged night before last) might it be an AGPS thing?

Cheers :unsure:

Guest whatcolour

Odd, regarding to the Maps battery drain issue. I'm currently on r5 and don't see Maps anywhere in SpareParts battery history? Could Latitude be the problem here?

Guest Junior Bear

Been using this rom since last night. No major issues. Running gingerbread theme too

I find the task bar icons hard to see/read. And battery life isn't much better than any others. I do use it alot with internet etc so I'm not sure if battery can get better. I've calibrated battery too

Guest nedmundo1

Flibs, could you post a download for the older version, to save me reflashing my ROM? - everything else is working so well, I'd rather just reinstall an older version if possible.

Guest giopego
I know some people are waiting for the next release and sorry it's not here yet. So far the phone has survived 18 hours without a reboot and battery is 44% but I have Google Maps 5 installed. Google Maps 5 is showing 65% battery usage on my phone :D

thanks for all the works you do!!!! B) :angry: :o

Guest Bumlard

Hi,

Just flashed this to a fresh Orange SF that arrived today, its all great except if I make a call the screen goes blank (just like it should due to prox sensor) but it stays blank and you can do nothing but remove battery to end the call?

Sorry if this has already been asked but i searched for it and didn't find anything...

BTW the mirror site worked but the main site had a bad .zip file unless my connection messed up downloading it!?

Guest themighysquitt
Ok, that's strange. Don't think I changed anything to cause this.. did you have the issue in any other roms?

Only with your 2.2 froyo rom's, didn't have the same problem using the R7 de-orange rom!

Guest Stuart_f
Hi,

Just flashed this to a fresh Orange SF that arrived today, its all great except if I make a call the screen goes blank (just like it should due to prox sensor) but it stays blank and you can do nothing but remove battery to end the call?

Sorry if this has already been asked but i searched for it and didn't find anything...

BTW the mirror site worked but the main site had a bad .zip file unless my connection messed up downloading it!?

It's covered here. You need to recalibrate the sensor. For some weird reason I cannot get the particular thread to load....

Edit: must have just been my gremlins. Loads fine now.

Edited by Stuart_f

Guest Bumlard
It's covered here. You need to recalibrate the sensor. For some weird reason I cannot get the particular thread to load....

Edit: must have just been my gremlins. Loads fine now.

Brilliant, well, sort of. It briefly comes up with a message saying USSD code running then leaves a dialog that says' Unknown Application' then just goes back to the dialler. Does this only work on cetain ROMs?

Guest K.Rens

Ok, great.

That's better for everyone and you won't get any complaints. ;-)

Can't wait for the ROM to arrive! It'll be my first flash ever, waiting for the newest ROM.

Guest sensory
the H means 3G with HSDPA/HSUPA is available, so H is usually faster than 3G. the old release didnt show the H when HSDPA/HSUPA was available.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know I had HSDPA/HSUPA available before now. Even when I first bought my ZTE when they came out it never showed up as 'H'.

Anyone on GiffGaff (or the o2 network in general, e.g. Tesco Mobile) notice the same? Or is it just a false positive? Or possibly an icon not quite right with the themes I downloaded from this thread?

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the info! I didn't know I had HSDPA/HSUPA available before now. Even when I first bought my ZTE when they came out it never showed up as 'H'.

Anyone on GiffGaff (or the o2 network in general, e.g. Tesco Mobile) notice the same? Or is it just a false positive? Or possibly an icon not quite right with the themes I downloaded from this thread?

Phone doesn't support HSUPA, only HSDPA. The phone originally showed 3G+ which some operators call HSDPA.

Guest SWOriginal

He cant get the kernel to work with any rom at the moment but when he does it will be included in R6 along with other fixes

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest Simon O
He cant get the kernel to work with any rom at the moment but when he does it will be included in R6 along with other fixes

Got it working now. I didn't compile it right :unsure:

So who wants to test this? Will work with r4/r5 of FLB and should also work for MCR. Flash through recovery.

flb_froyo_kerneltest.zip

Did you say somewhere you were going for the stock dialer in R6? I'm really hyped about this release, I wanna move to a more vanilla ROM that JapJelly so Im holding out for R6.

Oh also, (this seems to be my most asked question on these forums these days), does the Gingerbread theme youve included have black menus or white menus? If its white, can you port the version with black menus from Frankish by any chance? I really wanna be able to do these mods myself but noones managed to explain where the code for the menu text colour is haha.

Though, it might be worth porting this latest version anyway because from what I can see, the version with the black menus is the most "true" GB theme around at the moment.

Edit: On that first point; would the stock dialer also fix the horrendous partial-wake times we get from the ZTE dialer?

Edited by jtc42

Guest Simon O
Did you say somewhere you were going for the stock dialer in R6? I'm really hyped about this release, I wanna move to a more vanilla ROM that JapJappy so Im holding out for R6.

Oh also, (this seems to be my most asked question on these forums these days), does the Gingerbread theme youve included have black menus or white menus? If its white, can you port the version with black menus from Frankish by any chance? I really wanna be able to do these mods myself but noones managed to explain where the code for the menu text colour is haha.

Though, it might be worth porting this latest version anyway because from what I can see, the version with the black menus is the most "true" GB theme around at the moment.

Yeah stock dialer is in and working fine. I'll take a look at that theme and see if I can port it :unsure:

Yeah stock dialer is in and working fine. I'll take a look at that theme and see if I can port it :unsure:

Amazing, thanks. Im hoping to learn a bit more about how it all works over the coming months so I hope to do a bit more in return. Everyone has been so brilliant with requests and feedback, I feel I should put something back. But alas, Im new to this so in good time haha.

What actually needs changing in the theme files for JJ to make it work on this ROM? If you manage to do it to one of them Ill gladly set at porting the rest so you can focus on the ROM itself.

Guest rayraven

Stock dialer as in a consolidated dialer & call log app?

That's just what i'm waiting for!

Guest Simon O
Stock dialer as in a consolidated dialer & call log app?

That's just what i'm waiting for!

Yes, the original Android froyo dialer and contacts :unsure:

Guest fboldog
Did you say somewhere you were going for the stock dialer in R6? I'm really hyped about this release, I wanna move to a more vanilla ROM that JapJappy so Im holding out for R6.

The zte dialer can be replaced with stock froyo version.

Some apk (UserDictionaryProvider.apk, ContactsProvider.apk, Contacts.apk, ApplicationsProvider.apk, GoogleBackupTransport.apk, (ChiperTest.apk)) needs updated signature.

I created a test version for myself and working fine. (not a perfect, need a rebuild to use rom framework resources)

post-635495-1294355072_thumb.jpgpost-635495-1294355089_thumb.jpgpost-635495-1294355185_thumb.jpg