[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest chocman

just done a clean install of r5a and the new kernel seems to have fixed the problem i had of losing signal when 3g and autosync was turned off.

Guest savagekevin
Got it working now. I didn't compile it right :unsure:

So who wants to test this? Will work with r4/r5 of FLB and should also work for MCR. Flash through recovery.

flb_froyo_kerneltest.zip

I was trying your earlier version and liking it (R4) but was thinking my battery was draining more quickly than the original (only got the phone last week).

Tonight, just trying things out, I used your R5 and had it crash trying to use an application, Android Assistant. For no particular reason I think tried Jellyfish RLS4 with the new kernel. Now, I'm completely new to all this and really don't know what you're all doing but I gather this means some new kernel has been sourced that everyone is using. So, I thought it might be useful to tell you that with the jellyfish rom and the new kernel, I've been able to watch my battery meter count down in the last 90 minutes at about 1% every 3 minutes!

No idea why or if it would have anything to do with this new kernel, but I thought I'd mention it. I have no idea why it's happening so any advice welcome. At this rate it's kind of unusable, so I may have to go back to your R4 that I was using, quite happily actually, before.

Cheers

Guest Simon O
I was trying your earlier version and liking it (R4) but was thinking my battery was draining more quickly than the original (only got the phone last week).

Tonight, just trying things out, I used your R5 and had it crash trying to use an application, Android Assistant. For no particular reason I think tried Jellyfish RLS4 with the new kernel. Now, I'm completely new to all this and really don't know what you're all doing but I gather this means some new kernel has been sourced that everyone is using. So, I thought it might be useful to tell you that with the jellyfish rom and the new kernel, I've been able to watch my battery meter count down in the last 90 minutes at about 1% every 3 minutes!

No idea why or if it would have anything to do with this new kernel, but I thought I'd mention it. I have no idea why it's happening so any advice welcome. At this rate it's kind of unusable, so I may have to go back to your R4 that I was using, quite happily actually, before.

Cheers

Might be due to the overclocking added in that kernel. With r6 of my ROM (not released yet) and the new kernel I'm currently at 91% battery with an uptime of 1hour 55minutes. And Wifi is enabled.

I've not tried Android Assistant but it seems to do the same things that Quick System Info does.

Guest UncleFista

Just flashed the new kernal to my phone running MCR alpha 5.

Seems to be working perfectly here Flibble (yay backlit leds), once again thanks very much :unsure:

Guest daerragh

I also flashed the new kernel and by far everything seems to be alright.

btw. there is no way of making my 5mp camera working (Saunalahti TFT Blade) along with overclocking?

I just upgrade from r3a to r5.

just wipe data/factory and flash it.

just tried the messaging, it's force close. tried another program messaging, it's also FC.

Anyone have some problem ?

Guest Niks10

I don't know why Android Stock dialer is more preferred here, but personally I like the ZTE one as I can avaoid accidently pressing on voicemail button (Using Hullomail happily) also on ZTE dialler I can put in on speaker phone with one button touch.

Fliblesan when you release R6, can you please also make one version with ZTE dialler like we had in R2.

Edited by Niks10

Guest Simon O
I don't know why Android Stock dialer is more preferred here, but personally I like the ZTE one as I can avaoid accidently pressing on voicemail button (Using Hullomail happily) also on ZTE dialler I can put in on speaker phone with one button touch.

Fliblesan when you release R6, can you please also make one version with ZTE dialler like we had in R2.

There probably won't be any version with the ZTE Dialer as it's incompatible with the new base I'm using.

BTW Facebook contact sync works with the new kernel :unsure:

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Rotmann

btw. there is no way of making my 5mp camera working (Saunalahti TFT Blade) along with overclocking?

On Seb's Froyo with the new kernel, the 5MP camera works! Same has been reported on Japanese Jellyfish.

Guest SWOriginal
There probably won't be any version with the ZTE Dialer as it's incompatible with the new base I'm using.

WOOP! always bugged me

Guest danz0l

Wow excellent job fibblesan, your work is amazing and i've been using r4a for a few days now and battery life has been consistant with pauls R4 2.1 roms (did battery recalibration though after installing).

Can't wait for the new rom B)

Guest daerragh

@up: Please reflash the kernel again, if it doesn't help - reflash whole flb (factory reset first) and new kernel afterwards. And lastly you might also switch to Japnese Jellyfish with the updated kernel. I use it on Saunalahti TFT 5MP Blade and have no problems with screenlock. And screenlock problem did occur very often with the old kernel.

Guest Simon O
@up: Please reflash the kernel again, if it doesn't help - reflash whole flb (factory reset first) and new kernel afterwards. And lastly you might also switch to Japnese Jellyfish with the updated kernel. I use it on Saunalahti TFT 5MP Blade and have no problems with screenlock. And screenlock problem did occur very often with the old kernel.

Switching to another ROM isn't going to help. Just wait until I get r6 releases soon.

Guest Simon O

Does the 5MP camera work with my kernel at all?

Edit: Found 5MP disabled in config. Just built with this enabled and going to test it on my device with 3mp camera to see if it works.

Edit 2: Built kernel with 5MP enabled. Works fine on my 3mp device :unsure:

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Davey7

Would you give us a hint when you gonne relase the r6? This week or the next one?

Take your time I don't wanna hurry you. I love your ROMs, keep up the good work, the community loves you :unsure:

Guest Simon O
Would you give us a hint when you gonne relase the r6? This week or the next one?

Take your time I don't wanna hurry you. I love your ROMs, keep up the good work, the community loves you :unsure:

This week for sure. The next two days definitely. Tonight possibly B)

Guest MroziQ

Do not hurry :unsure: You better release good working version than later a few versions by several amendments. That need to be set all over again B)

Guest Simon O
Do not hurry :unsure: You better release good working version than later a few versions by several amendments. That need to be set all over again B)

Yep. Which is why I've been testing this for a few days. Looking at a release this weekend unless something goes badly wrong.

Guest steff.jay
This week for sure. The next two days definitely. Tonight possibly :o

:unsure: B) :angry:

i have just one question: will you also offer a "slim"-version in combination with the system-partition-trick? (hope, you know, what i mean)

P.S.: i really much prefer the stock dialer, so many thanks in advance for this :D

Guest jimiiblue

Thank you for all your hard work.

I was on Sebastian's 2.1/r8 release and found it good. I tried your 2.2/5a on the previous kernal, and found it screen locked and was generally unstable. So back to 2.1.

Last night I tried 2.2/5a and the new 2.6.32 kernel, and joy, it is faster, wifi and battery seem fine. Two niggles:

(1) A game I play - air contro lite - crashes after about playing for about a minnute. This is repeatable.

(2) Not used Touchpal before, but if i select it as the input method, i can type away, and nothing appearrs in teh text window as i type. If i then close the virtual keypad, the text appears in the window. Surely this isn't right?

Is there anything i can do to support debugging of why these are happening, e.g. posting log files? If yes, give me some pointers and i will do my best.

Once again thanks for your sterling effort.

g

Guest JBSCARFACE
This week for sure. The next two days definitely. Tonight possibly :unsure:

Can you fix sim contact import please?(Unable to port contacts from sim card)

Also if possible make status bar transparent?

Edited by JBSCARFACE