[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest strumluff

Using the new kernel that you asked for testing so far my observation is that the wifi still drops and does not automatically reconnect when waking, even after just a few minutes so it hasn't solved this problem :D

The backlights do work, but only sometimes, I noticed a few times the button backlights for home and Menu would not light up when pressed.

Guest Simon O
Using the new kernel that you asked for testing so far my observation is that the wifi still drops and does not automatically reconnect when waking, even after just a few minutes so it hasn't solved this problem :D

The backlights do work, but only sometimes, I noticed a few times the button backlights for home and Menu would not light up when pressed.

The WiFi reconnecting depends on the wifi.supplicant_scan_interval setting in the ROM. Previous versions of FLB had this set to 90 which means that WiFi will only search for networks ever 3 minutes. I believe this also affects the automatic reconnection rate after sleep as the phone first needs to scan for networks before reconnecting. The bug with the older kernel was more to do with it not being able to reconnect to a wifi network even when you do it manually.

So in r6 I'll change the value from 90 to 15. Anything less will kill battery and 15 is already low.

Guest ladiko

I still would like to see the circle battery icon with percentage as it is more easy to guess the remaining battery time.

Can i change it on my own?

Edited by ladiko

Does Facebook Contacts Sync mean we'll be able to get our FB contacts with avatars in the Contacts app?

Would be nice to have that. :D

I completely agree with this! :P

Yes, as long as your phone contacts have the same names. Not found any way to merge contacts.

See I thought this feature was disabled in the Facebook app itself, I didnt know it could be "fixed" as it were.

Guest Simon O
See I thought this feature was disabled in the Facebook app itself, I didnt know it could be "fixed" as it were.

I thought so too but seems a combination of the new kernel and stock Dialer/Contacts has allowed this to work :D

Guest Simon O

r6 uploaded and released.

Upgrading from r3 and lower? Wipe

Upgrading from r4/r5? Shouldn't need to wipe.

MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE FIRST

If you have any weird issues then you will need to try wiping your phone then installing again.

Some quick answers for potential questions.

SmartDialer is incompatible with the stock contacts app. The benefits of the stock app outweigh the benefits of the ZTE dialer.

No overclocking enabled in the kernel yet.

Kernel is a stock build.

If you know how to rebuild boot.img then you CAN use other kernels. But replacing boot.img with another ROMs isn't going to work.

The messaging app doesn't support multiple recipients. I'm looking at potentially patching this to add the support or replacing the app altogether.

If you are using A2SD with an ext partition then you cannot EVER remove the SD card as this will prevent Android from booting.

Edited by flibblesan

I thought so too but seems a combination of the new kernel and stock Dialer/Contacts has allowed this to work :D

Oh amazing :P I've been puzzled over the omission of this feature since I got my blade so big thanks for making it work B)

Also, at some point can you post a little guide on porting themes to work with your ROM from the JapJelly one? Saves you from having to do it all yourself, and makes it easier for other people to make themes for this ROM (since I'm confident in saying it's the best ROM available at the moment).

Guest Simon O
Cheers!

What a chore, backing everything up.

I know it is. 99% of the time an update without wiping should be fine. But you never know when things will go wrong :D

Guest MroziQ
No overclocking enabled in the kernel yet.

:D

Is it the same kernel as in JJ RLS5? Of course adjusted to FLB?

Edited by MroziQ

Guest dadashi

I installed JF-RLS5 last night and I'm having too much battey loss...

Can I try an install of FLB-R6 without a wipe? Any chances of it working? They are the same kernel...

I spent overf an hour reinstalling apps last night....

My JFish-RLS5 Battery usage:

- Cell Standby 47%

- Phone Idle 36%

- Display 12%

- Android system 4%

Edited by dadashi

Guest Simon O
:D

Is it the same kernel as in JJ RLS5? Of course adjusted to FLB?

Same source but I haven't built any overclocking in. Not until I can add undervolting and overclocking to save battery.

Guest Simon O
I installed JF-RLS5 last night and I'm having too much battey loss...

Can I try an install of FLB-R6 without a wipe? Any chances of it working? They are the same kernel...

I spent overf an hour reinstalling apps last night....

My JFish-RLS5 Battery usage:

- Cell Standby 47%

- Phone Idle 36%

- Display 12%

- Android system 4%

Yeh install without wiping, should be OK.