[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest MroziQ

491 points in quadrant.

@edit: I enabled HW acceleration and Stagefright and Quadrant shown 947 points :D

Why did you turn these off?

Edited by MroziQ

Guest super san francisco

i just realized something else: it seems, as if you removed the data connection button from power controls widget.

instead i have the auto sync button back:)

could you make a quick patch, so that it's back in the same state as in R5?

Guest Simon O
i just realized something else: it seems, as if you removed the data connection button from power controls widget.

instead i have the auto sync button back:)

could you make a quick patch, so that it's back in the same state as in R5?

I haven't removed it as it wasn't there in the stock settings application.

Guest super san francisco
I haven't removed it as it wasn't there in the stock settings application.

how do i get it then? could i take some file from R5, if so, which one?

Guest Simon O
how do i get it then? could i take some file from R5, if so, which one?

That probably isn't going to work. Phone.apk and Settings.apk need editing apparently. I've found plenty of replacement files but no guide on what changes need to be made. I'll take a look at them next week and see if I can add the changes.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Does the R6 fit the trimmed-down, 128MB /System partition? Judging from the number of apps included, I guess not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you remove Facebook, Filer and replace Launcher2 with something smaller then it'll fit that partition fine.

I'll experiment with moving some google apps to /data/app/ for future versions.

Yes

Sweet done :D Just gotta work out how the new themes work and I'll have my perfect ROM haha.

Also, does anyone know of any Gingerbread keyboards that work on this ROM in both portrait and landscape properly? Im so used to it from JapJelly but that one doesnt work on this ROM :P

Guest Simon O
and i was so glad, that apndroid was gone;)

Yeah it would be useful to have a button in the default power control to disable mobile data. I use Switchpro Widget which does that so never noticed. You can disable it through the settings app anyway, which isn't as elegant as a button.

Have a look at Widgetsoid. It's a free widget app which allows you to make a custom powercontrol widget and a lot of others. http://www.appbrain.com/app/widgetsoid2-x/com.jim2

Guest k0nrad
If you remove Facebook, Filer and replace Launcher2 with something smaller then it'll fit that partition fine.

I'll experiment with moving some google apps to /data/app/ for future versions.

Good to know. May give it a go at some point if it's a non-wipe from JJ RLS5 (only installed it last night, lol).

Damn choices :D

Guest MroziQ
Yes

flibblesan it was:

debug.sf.hw=0

And about stagefright:

media.stagefright.enable-player=false

I changed it in RootExplorer to:

debug.sf.hw=1

and

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

Before I had FLB r5a. I didn't do wipe.

As I can see AFTER THIS CHANGES there is more fps in Quadrant. I tested Asphalt5 and now it's a playable game :D

Does it has negative effect on the battery?

Why you disabled these options? :P

Edited by MroziQ

Guest tonycornholio
flibblesan it was:

And about stagefright:

I changed it in RootExplorer to:

and

Before I had FLB r5a. I didn't do wipe.

As I can see AFTER THIS CHANGES there is more fps in Quadrant. I tested Asphalt5 and now it's a playable game :D

Does it has negative effect on the battery?

Why you disabled these options? :P

Stagefright is broken, the improvements you've seen are likely down to enabling HW acceleration.

Guest dadashi
Holy crap, this is a battery monster.. 100%-60% in about 20 minutes of normal usage..

oh no, i want to change from the jellyfish battery muncher.....

Guest Simon O
Stagefright is broken, the improvements you've seen are likely down to enabling HW acceleration.

Yeh seriously there's no reason to enable stagefright unless you want to show off some high quadrant scores. I actually have games running better with it disabled.

Guest Simon O
Is this ROM deodexed by the way?

Yes and signed using test keys so you can easily make changes to framework and resign it without any trouble :D

Guest Simon O
Holy crap, this is a battery monster.. 100%-60% in about 20 minutes of normal usage..

What exactly did you do to use so much batter in a short space of time? I've been testing the ROM for several days and the new kernel for a day and I don't have any battery issues like that.