[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest psychoduck

Is anyone else having trouble with pictures showing in HTML emails when connecting to a POP3 server. With this 2.2 rom and the other gforums rom, images are not displayed, only the image placeholder symbols, even if you click on the show pictures button at the bottom of the email.

Installed all working fine - seems much nippier than 2.1.. the only gripe is that after doing a full backup in titanium.. I cant find my message history for sms... will not seem to restore...

any ideas ?

Guest tronads
superb fix of streaming sound Fib, for the first time ever sound and video are syncing on tvcatchup!!!!!! soooo pleeaasssed

How are you getting tv catchup to work ?

Ive gone to the site and its just saying Flash needs to be installed, then when I try that, it says my device isnt supported, or something similar.

The only thing I can think is that it doesn't have enough RAM for this ROM.

Hungarian T-Mobile:

Maybe TFT Screen and 256 MB RAM:S s***!

This ROM is not working.

rooted 2.1->power off->recovery mode->install 2.2->reboot->reboot to stop(green android member)

Why?

has the video camera function improved? Is there a VGA or mpeg / avi choice available now?

Yes.. you now have high/low/mms/youtube (highest)

whitebalance

autofocus on/off

and colour effect

Doesnt say what format tho..

Guest tronads
I believe so, maps got my location within a 1KM radius with wi-fi and gps off although google.com did have my location as unknown.

Im having some issues with location. Lattitude is getting my rough location by cell triangulation, but News and Weather isnt. I thought I had it working last night but now it seems to have stopped again.

Im having some issues with location. Lattitude is getting my rough location by cell triangulation, but News and Weather isnt. I thought I had it working last night but now it seems to have stopped again.

If you can get cell triangulation working, you're one in a million, as it don't work on any of the Froyo ROMs :rolleyes:.

Guest AndyHibberd
Installed all working fine - seems much nippier than 2.1.. the only gripe is that after doing a full backup in titanium.. I cant find my message history for sms... will not seem to restore...

any ideas ?

Go to Titanium, Backup/Restore tab and find the following:

[sMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.2

and

[sMS/MMS PREFS] Messaging 2.2

and click Restore Data. You may only have to do one of these but I did both and got all my sms back!(obviously only what you backed up.)

Protip:

Use the same technique to restore bookmarks [bOOKMARKS] Browser 2.2

Coarse location does not work, this has been stated. That's why you don't get a fix in things like weather/news widget. Just set it manually in the app's settings.

This is also the same with the new Google HotPot Places rating widget.

If this and the dialer battery bug get fixed then I can see myself staying on it happily.

When new ROMs come out we always end up with pretty chunky threads for that release, I envisage this one going the distance too.

It would be good to have a subforum just for the ROM release with relevant subtopics depending on what problems people are having.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure you guys have thought about it before so it might not be viable, but I figured it could be useful, saves trawling through all the posts and the constant reposts where people don't want to read 40 pages of thread.

Andy

Edited by AndyHibberd

Guest tronads
If you can get cell triangulation working, you're one in a million, as it don't work on any of the Froyo ROMs :rolleyes:.

Well I'm almost certain its working on Lattitude. I indoors so its not found me by GPS. Wifi is disabled because it suggests I enable it, and its stuck me in the middle of the nearby golf course (which used to happen on 2.1). Its also updating when I start it ("updated 0 minutes ago"). I cannot see how else its grabbing my locaion other than cell triangulation. BUT... it's only working on Lattitude, not on the other applications.

Well I'm almost certain its working on Lattitude. I indoors so its not found me by GPS. Wifi is disabled because it suggests I enable it, and its stuck me in the middle of the nearby golf course (which used to happen on 2.1). Its also updating when I start it ("updated 0 minutes ago"). I cannot see how else its grabbing my locaion other than cell triangulation. BUT... it's only working on Lattitude, not on the other applications.

How strange - will take a mind greater than mine to help though!

Guest The Soup Thief
has the video camera function improved? Is there a VGA or mpeg / avi choice available now?

Agree with Kuji (above) stills and video seem markedly warmer - interface much improved with more options, eg to adjust whitebalance, toggle autofocus etc

Main benefit I'm seeing is much better performance in low light

It still ain't great, but on the stock ROM the camera appeared a major failing - much less so under this ROM

Selecting the Custom option in Video Quality gives access to VGA, CIF, QVGA and QCIF - the default (CIF) is the only one selectable in the default setting (High Quality video - actually probably the easiest on the eye on the phone's screen)- similarly of the video encoder options, MPEG4, H263 &H264 are available in Custom Video, though H263 the default in High Quality video mode

Noticing some weird things when streaming video though, with colour video being displayed as black and white - most odd (occasional pixellation too, but that was noted by previous posters here)

Searched the general Blade forum and someone else reported the same, though didn't report back how that worked out

Seems only to be some videos showing in b/w - can't be sure at the mo whether it's one format (need to spend time fiddling) but certainly videos taken with the blade are showing in glorious technicolour :rolleyes:

Guest dadashi

VGA video recording, that's what I want to hear! I might just install froyo afterall...

OK, I installed Froyo. BUT I can't log in my google account! I've tried all the tips posted here but still no joy....

Edited by dadashi

Guest jdtanner

It could be using your (or your neightbours) wifi router MAC address for geolocation. Disable wifi and see if it can get your location...

JohnT

Guest Pakatus

Feature Request:

French Fries rom had a nice addition that was the led blinking red when phone lost network.

Is it addable? I'd love this.

Nice work Flibble :rolleyes:

Guest tronads
It could be using your (or your neightbours) wifi router MAC address for geolocation. Disable wifi and see if it can get your location...

JohnT

It is disabled (as it did actualy say)....Just installed the rom on my mates phone, and his too is working on Lattitude, but like me, not on news or weather.

nothing...it searches and searches and finaly gives up...

And is that in the setup wizard, or in accounts and syncs? It wouldn't do it for me in the wizard - but jump in to the main accounts settings, and it worked fine.