[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Second, i installed Titanium Backup, which is "asking for root-rights" forever with no remorse...

with these two, i couldn't restore my phone to the state it was in on R5a, so i'm back with my restored backup.

Had the same problem, was gone after deleting data of "superuser". No problem with Titanium Backup anymore.

Has this been confirmed working and can we just overwrite fibbs r6 rom wpa_supplicant with the one from this zip then reflash ?

It works for me.

I have watched wifi disconnect after 900000ms, then reconnect successfully when you wake the phone.

The previous wpa_supplicant would try to use stale keys. This one renegotiates.

Flash the zip in recovery. There is no need to reflash anything else.

(Or just push the file in the zip file and reboot)

Did anybody try to install OpenVPN?

Previously I had it running on Finnish Fillyjonk.

I installed it now on this rom, added symlinks for ifconfig and route, copied a tun.ko to /system/lib/modules but it doesn't work.

(Closes unexpected)

I'm quite sure I need a proper tun.ko for this kernel and phone, but perhaps its also something different.

Guest Sayschia

Thanks for the good ROM!!!

I have the german blade version (Base Lutea) and there are no problems so far.

Is it possible to get overclocking in the next release?

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Flashed R6 from R5 about 3 days ago....

So far everything is awesome.....no major issues (other than the Touchpal closing issue which I have had with all roms except Paul's Eclair ROM)

Have googled the touchpal issue and the fix failed (Basically clear all user data from the app itself)....

The interim fix (as discussed already on the forum) is to disable predictive text and it works just fine (obviously with no prediction though)

I just use Android....just as fast really for what I use :D

Big thanks to Flib for all of his hard work on this frankly brilliant ROM.

Battery drains quicker when playing games (no shock there) but overall with a decent amount of usage I am only down to 71% battery after 30 hours so I am more than happy with that :P

Thanks again Flib B)

Guest mrflibbles
I'm quite sure I need a proper tun.ko for this kernel and phone, but perhaps its also something different.

Yes, that is what you need. Should be easy for Flibblesan to build it for you. It comes as part of the JJ release.

Guest Rotmann
* I'm quite a n00b, but I didnt find any other callers in the market. I would like to have a caller where I can dial "names" on the numeric keypboard and it automatically shows me all matching entries of my contactlist. And I'd like to be able to end a call by pressing the power-button. The caller in pauls ROM has this so I got used to it and want to have it back. Anything I can do here?

You can try dialer one from the market

Yes, that is what you need. Should be easy for Flibblesan to build it for you. It comes as part of the JJ release.

I took the tun.ko from JJ r6 (and also the libssl.so), now OpenVpn.setting crashes:

W/dalvikvm( 1514): threadid=8: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2aacc8a0)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1514): FATAL EXCEPTION: OpenVPN-DaemonMonitor[/sdcard/openvpn/myopenvpn.conf]-daemon-stdin

E/AndroidRuntime( 1514): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 1514): 	at de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.util.Shell.joinLoggers(Shell.java:139)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1514): 	at de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.service.DaemonMonitor$2.onCmdTerminated(DaemonMonitor.java:212)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1514): 	at de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:116)

I/ActivityThread( 1514): exit process activity msg = 114

I/ActivityThread( 1514): enter process activity msg = 115

I/ActivityThread( 1514): exit process activity msg = 115

I/ActivityThread( 1514): enter process activity msg = 121

W/ActivityManager(  233):   Force finishing activity de.schaeuffelhut.android.openvpn/.OpenVpnSettings

D/OpenVPNDaemonEnabler( 1514): Received OpenVPN daemon state changed from Unknown to Disabled

It works for me.

I have watched wifi disconnect after 900000ms, then reconnect successfully when you wake the phone.

The previous wpa_supplicant would try to use stale keys. This one renegotiates.

Flash the zip in recovery. There is no need to reflash anything else.

(Or just push the file in the zip file and reboot)

Great, Reason for asking if i can just add that file and overwrite in fibbs roms is i haven't flashed it yet ...

Guest kirschi_nrg

Hi, i have a problem with this ROM, when i call someone, or i recieve a call, i don't see a contact name, only the phone number.

Anyone knows what the problem could be?

Greets.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi, i have a problem with this ROM, when i call someone, or i recieve a call, i don't see a contact name, only the phone number.

Anyone knows what the problem could be?

Greets.

Have a look at this :D

Hope it helps you too

I`ve tried to fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactsProvider.apk to sdcard. Then i have cleared the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it works (hopefully not only for me). Maybe one of the more experience user can confirm it ?

Hpman

Guest blue25i

Hey there, at first - thanks for creating that wonderful rom for the blade! great work :D

But I've (up to now) one problem concerning the mms/sms app.

Whenever a message arrives, the app crashes and is not processing the message nor viewing it after I relaunched it. The problem also occurs when I try to send a message. Any ideas?

I tried to fix it by using the mms app from the r3a release but it didnt help :P

I just started having this weird annoying bug: When I wake up the screen from sleep the screen flickers for a very short time with what ever was on before the screen went to sleep, before displaying the lock screen. Haven't found anything on google. Could it be from the ROM?

Also have this and the sim-lock message.

Guest leszekpap

there is no polish language..I choose polish but everything is in english.

i installed lang pack (few posts before) but still the same.

any idea how to install polish lang ?

Guest nebukan
Have a look at this :D

Hope it helps you too

I`ve tried to fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactsProvider.apk to sdcard. Then i have cleared the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it works (hopefully not only for me). Maybe one of the more experience user can confirm it ?

Hpman

I'm afraid this is not workig, it hangs the phone "Unlocking SIM-Card" (but in swedish for me..)

b

Guest nebukan

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>reboot

Hpman

I'm afraid this is not workig, it hangs the phone "Unlocking SIM-Card" (but in swedish for me..)

b

Ok mayby it was because i had it hooked on with USB cable.. Now Im in again It's still not showing the caller-ID on incoming or outgoing calls.

Guest Davie1888
That happened to me first time too. Try again, force close Contacts and Contact Storage, wipe the data, run those scripts, make sure you dont get any errors, and let us know if it works :D

Try this m8

Guest mrflibbles
I took the tun.ko from JJ r6 (and also the libssl.so), now OpenVpn.setting crashes

Not sure. Probably tun.ko has to be compiled for the ROM you're using?

Edited by mrflibbles

Guest giopego

I don't know if anyone have the same problem...

I can't hide the contacts from my Sim card, there isn't any option to do this (in other release of rom the option is present)

Guest Simon O
Not sure. Probably tun.ko has to be compiled for the ROM you're using?

I believe it needs to be enabled in the kernel at build time, then created as a module. I'll look at compiling one.

Guest daniel101
i now installed the r5a version, and the problem with the missing contactnames is gone. :D

Thanks anyways!

Me to! I liked the r5a version better. In r6a i coulden't get swedish system language to work nor incoming call id showing up. Thanks anyway!