[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest m_w_clarke
Has ANYONE using this rom got TVCatchup playing WITH sound? I've asked this question here, over on Hotdeals and also on TVCatchup forum. I've tried the suggestions over on the forum ie try Realplayer, but I still cannot get sound playing! The picture plays absloutely fine but there is no sound.

Could someone please look into this issue.

Thank you in advance.

I must admit, I haven't used TVcatchup.com for a while, but having seen all the issues on here I thought I would try it again.

I confirm I get exactly the same as you. Picture but no sound. That's using the default media player and myvideoplayer.

Very strange.

This is using wifi.

Guest dpw1976

Guys,

I have just installed this, however, when I receive a call the contact details are not displayed. Just the number and Green Android picture.

Is there any way of correcting this?

Cheers

Dale

Guest Blasphemous
Guys,

I have just installed this, however, when I receive a call the contact details are not displayed. Just the number and Green Android picture.

Is there any way of correcting this?

Cheers

Dale

If you go to page 82 (of this thread), and to post #1633 made by jonuwz. He provides a link to an App that will solve the 'contacts not showing' problem. You MUST read the posts that follow that posting though, especially post #1634 and 1637 to ensure you carry out the process correctly.

However, I don't have this problem, are you using the rom updated by danz0l HERE?

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest m_w_clarke
Losing battery at a rate of 1% a minute and in not convinced hwui is enaled as scrolling is using a LOT of CPU cycles.

Battery life is really good with me! After two days usage Im down to 41% :0)

Guest Rotmann
Has ANYONE using this rom got TVCatchup playing WITH sound? I've asked this question here, over on Hotdeals and also on TVCatchup forum. I've tried the suggestions over on the forum ie try Realplayer, but I still cannot get sound playing! The picture plays absloutely fine but there is no sound.

Could someone please look into this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Try this: delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so . Back them up first just in case.

Guest m_w_clarke
Try this: delete two lib files from /system/lib which are libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so . Back them up first just in case.

Will this impact anything else? Normal music playback?

Guest m_w_clarke
Have you done the battery stats thing?

You mean to see what uses the battery? OR the resetting of battery data?

IVe done the resetting of data, when I flashed the ROM and recharged the battery.

I havent looked at usage, because I havent had to yet.

I will do when my bettery life drops again (ive since recharged my phone)

Guest Blasphemous

Thank you for that Rotmann. Sorry to be a noob.... but how do I go about backing a specific file up and how would I delete them?

Thanks again.

Guest Rotmann
Will this impact anything else? Normal music playback?

Nope, I already had this for over 2-3 weeks (sound was not working in NFS). No problems seen.

Thank you for that Rotmann. Sorry to be a noob.... but how do I go about backing a specific file up and how would I delete them?

Thanks again.

Use Super Manager from the Market (free).

Guest The Who
Can you please mirror the download link for the gingerbread theme for r6? I've just downloaded about 30 files from that website and all MD5's have been different :lol:

Hi,

I just downloaded it from there:

Gingerbread Theme

It has the same MD5 sum and works perfectly,

Thanks a lot!

Guest Blasphemous

Thanks again for your time Rotmann.

As you suggested I downloaded Super Manager to delete the two files. Found them and deleted them. Tried tvcatchup.... no sound! Tried rebooting the phone, then tried tvcatchup... no sound! This is driving me nuts!!!

Flibblesan if your watching, I've asked about this over on tvcatchup. I was told by TVC_Colwal to tell you:

Flibblesan is one of our members and a nice guy and he may come up with something.

Say hi from Colin and we want to see him back in the F1 comp this year. :lol:

I'm not badgering you mate I know you've had a lot of hassle. I just wanted to pass the message on about the F1 comp.

Guest Slash24/7

Hey guys i Just have a one questing!

Is there still in the new version of "FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade (Beta)" the look screen frezz problem?

I just like this 2.2 builled so much more then the JJ version :lol:

Edited by Slash24/7

Guest Stevvie
Hey guys i Just have a one questing!

Is there still in the new version of "FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade (Beta)" the look screen frezz problem?

I just like this 2.2 builled so much more then the JJ version :lol:

I've had R6 installed from the day it was out and have NEVER had my lock screen freeze on my OLED Blade.

I have to agree that this is THE best 2.2 rom I have tried, it's fast and snappy, my daughter and wife have Jelly rom and you can feel the difference in general use between them.

Edited by Stevvie

Guest aaroncarey

Agreed! I'd just like to say this is the best Froyo rom I've tried! Thanks FLB!

I'm still lingering on 5a, not sure whether to upgrade to 6.. does anyone have a list of the pros/cons of upgrading?

Guest Rotmann
Thanks again for your time Rotmann.

As you suggested I downloaded Super Manager to delete the two files. Found them and deleted them. Tried tvcatchup.... no sound! Tried rebooting the phone, then tried tvcatchup... no sound! This is driving me nuts!!!

Flibblesan if your watching, I've asked about this over on tvcatchup. I was told by TVC_Colwal to tell you:

I'm not badgering you mate I know you've had a lot of hassle. I just wanted to pass the message on about the F1 comp.

Hmm, I don't know what kind of audio format does TVcatchup use. Just look for it on the internet and if you don't find anything i would try to delete libOmxAmrRtpDec.so , libOmxAmrwbDec.so , libOmxEvrcDec.so , libOmxH264Dec.so , libOmxMpeg4Dec.so , libOmxQcelpDec.so , libOmxWmaDec.so and libOmxWmvDec.so and see which one fixes the problem. These are all audio/video codec libs, you should not have any problems. Just back up the files to restore them after you find which one is responsible for this. Just delete one file, restart, check if problem solved, delete the other one, restart, check if problem solved and so on.

I have to agree that this ROM in the fixed version is out-of-the-box the "buglessest", the most stable and the battery is brilliant (I use Sebastian404's Froyo but observed this on my sister's SanFran). It would be great for Flibblesan to come back.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Blasphemous
Hmm, I don't know what kind of audio format does TVcatchup use. Just look for it on the internet and if you don't find anything i would try to delete libOmxAmrRtpDec.so , libOmxAmrwbDec.so , libOmxEvrcDec.so , libOmxH264Dec.so , libOmxMpeg4Dec.so , libOmxQcelpDec.so , libOmxWmaDec.so and libOmxWmvDec.so and see which one fixes the problem. These are all audio/video codec libs, you should not have any problems. Just back up the files to restore them after you find which one is responsible for this. Just delete one file, restart, check if problem solved, delete the other one, restart, check if problem solved and so on.

I have to agree that this ROM in the fixed version is out-of-the-box the "buglessest", the most stable and the battery is brilliant (I use Sebastian404's Froyo but observed this on my sister's SanFran). It would be great for Flibblesan to come back.

Yep, he's a star but I respect his wish to stay out of this if he so wishes. Too many people giving the lad flack. He does this for nowt and people give the lad grief! Some people are NEVER happy! Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong is 'asking' if he can help with something but don't have a go at the lad.

Anyway, enough of that. Will try those pointers out later this afternoon/evening Rotmann. Oh by the way, I just deleted the last two files (the ones you mentioned in our previous discussion), and I've not noticed any issues because of that but how would I back up a particular file and restore it?

Thank you once again for your time.

Edited by Blasphemous

Guest Rotmann

No problem with deleting the two files in my case too, but it would be good to back the other ones up in case of problems. Copy them with Super Manager (free in the market).

I don't understand why, because flibble says hw acceleration is enabled, but there is no hw acceleration in this rom.

I just checked build.prop from one of the r6 zips and it states:

debug.sf.hw=0

:lol:

Guest RottenFoxBreath
No problem with deleting the two files in my case too, but it would be good to back the other ones up in case of problems. Copy them with Super Manager (free in the market).

Root Explorer will delete them(what I used), and a reboot straight after, and trying tvcatchup resulted in audio, but tvcatchup quickly goes out of sync, quicker with HQ mode, than LQ.

Tried with Movies, and mplayer.

Guest Blasphemous

DOH DOH and Double DOH!!!!

Rotmann, yesterday I removed the two files using Super Manager. As I reported yesterday there was still no sound on tvcatchup. Today I went back into the phone (using Super Manager), to remove the 'other' files you mentioned. However I noticed that the two files I deleted yesterday were still there! That's where 'Doh Doh and Double Doh' come in...... I hadn't granted Root Access to Super Manager so even though I was instructing it to remove the files and it appeared to, the files were still there when I tried to access tvcatchup!!!!! Sooooooooo, I granted Root Access, deleted the files again and wadda ya know... I have SOUND on tvcatchup!!!!! YES!!!

Thank you very much for your help Rotmann.

Root Explorer will delete them(what I used), and a reboot straight after, and trying tvcatchup resulted in audio, but tvcatchup quickly goes out of sync, quicker with HQ mode, than LQ.

Tried with Movies, and mplayer.

Yep, although I now have sound which is great, I notice sound is way out of sync! And just when I was starting to get all excited about having sound! :lol: Edited by Blasphemous