[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest dadashi
Alright, thanks for the reply, it's a nice relief!

Again, great work on the ROM! ;)

P.S. Anyone else have same the problem regarding the Google Voice Search issue that I posted on the last page?

Google voice search works fine here...

I'm thinking of defecting to the Jellyfish R9 for a few days to compare with trusted FLB-R6.....just been reading the last couple of JJ posts and there are still complaints about quick battery discharge even in the neuest JJ-R9....

Edited by dadashi

Guest Simon O

I'm still around. Working on r7 (again) with my phone this time so I can test it! Got a brand new kernel running with ondemand governor to improve battery life, cifs and tun support, EXT4 enabled and a lot of debug rubbish switched off. I'm going to spend the weekend going through this thread and work on the recent reported issues and I'll try and get a new rom released by the middle of next week.

So far I need to look at why TouchPal is crashing when the dictionary is selected, Google Voice Search crashing.. I'll look for other bugs too.

Guest Simon O
anybody notice the data connection often/nearly always connects with "h" , dont think i have ever seen it do G or any faster connection types

H = HSDPA, aka 3G+. It's the fastest that the phone will support. ;)

Guest steeperton
anybody notice the data connection often/nearly always connects with "h" , dont think i have ever seen it do G or any faster connection types

On my many journeys down to the big smoke recently, I've seen G, 3G and H, and all with corresponding speeds, so I think it's reflecting the connection speed fine.

Guest Frankish
I'm still around. Working on r7 (again) with my phone this time so I can test it! Got a brand new kernel running with ondemand governor to improve battery life, cifs and tun support, EXT4 enabled and a lot of debug rubbish switched off. I'm going to spend the weekend going through this thread and work on the recent reported issues and I'll try and get a new rom released by the middle of next week.

So far I need to look at why TouchPal is crashing when the dictionary is selected, Google Voice Search crashing.. I'll look for other bugs too.

Maybe undervolting and overlocking would make nice additions. ;)

Guest Frankish
Yep, those are two things I'll look into.

BTW not making any framework changes ;)

I thought you had abandoned this rom so i gave up on themes for it. If you're still going strong then the themes will all come back the newer reworked versions from Pauls latest and JJelly latest threads. ;)

that's great, thanks. and if you don't have time to release r7 for the deadline, ofc feel free to release it even weeks after. i'd rather have few releases than none at all!

Guest Simon O
that's great, thanks. and if you don't have time to release r7 for the deadline, ofc feel free to release it even weeks after. i'd rather have few releases than none at all!

If I can't release a ROM then I'll release an update pack to bring some of the new features to r6 a little earlier.

And in other news I've replaced the Mms.apk with the one that fixes the sms recipient bug. It ads mms user agent switching and background color changing too ;)

Guest charliemike
If I can't release a ROM then I'll release an update pack to bring some of the new features to r6 a little earlier.

And in other news I've replaced the Mms.apk with the one that fixes the sms recipient bug. It ads mms user agent switching and background color changing too ;)

great news, if there is anything we can do to help just tell us!

Guest tomatoface

Great to have you back! In my book I'm looking for battery life, trouble free telephony and good audio for music and perhaps a few theme tweeks. I have been using r5a & upgrade and was very impressed. I have since been using jj8 which is quicker but not as good as yours imho. I am impressed with what you did with the audio zip enhancement ! The only slight annoyance now is the noise hiss/interference between tracks that dissappears when music is playing. Keep up the good work! i've been following this thread closely for an update.

Guest m_w_clarke
I thought you had abandoned this rom so i gave up on themes for it. If you're still going strong then the themes will all come back the newer reworked versions from Pauls latest and JJelly latest threads. ;)

YES!!!! This is brilliant news. Thank you so much for re considering. I use your blue gingerbread theme and love it, but have noticed te smar tweaks you have made for Pauls Rom and would to see them on flibs as well.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it.

Also, thanks to flib for improving this already fantastic rom. Hopefully no wipes will be needed to use it :-)

Guest DECEiFER

This is happening on other ROMs too, both problems. A nice alternative I've found and am now using is the Gingerbread keyboard.

Guest m_w_clarke
As i see developement of this rom is stopped. Is there another guy who will release a rom with that base and known fixes?

Er......read half a dozen posts up and you will see development has restarted

Guest togger161

I can't get this rom to work at all. It boots up as far as the blue ZTE logo /animation and just keeps replaying it over and over again. I have a couple of other roms on the card and can reflash with those and get phone to boot OK, but then I try this one again and no good. This was the first rom I tried on a brand new phone. Just got clockwork on it and rooted it.

Puzzled, shame as this looked like quite a good rom.

Guest Frankish
YES!!!! This is brilliant news. Thank you so much for re considering. I use your blue gingerbread theme and love it, but have noticed te smar tweaks you have made for Pauls Rom and would to see them on flibs as well.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it.

Also, thanks to flib for improving this already fantastic rom. Hopefully no wipes will be needed to use it :-)

If flib is DEFINITELY not making any changes in regard to framework-res.apk and services.jar then i will start as soon as possible. So flib...any changes to the two files at all? I don't want to get to work if there is even a remote chance you will change them ;)

If not work starts tomorrow...god help me ;)

Guest Blasphemous
As i see developement of this rom is stopped. Is there another guy who will release a rom with that base and known fixes?

Jesus! Some people!!! free-rolleye-smileys-323.gif

Guest Simon O
If flib is DEFINITELY not making any changes in regard to framework-res.apk and services.jar then i will start as soon as possible. So flib...any changes to the two files at all? I don't want to get to work if there is even a remote chance you will change them ;)

Yeah, no changes planned for either of those two files. I was toying with the idea of adding a reboot option to the power button menu but I'm not totally sure how to do it and what files need editing. If it can be done without editing framework or services.jar then great.

Guest Simon O
I am impressed with what you did with the audio zip enhancement ! The only slight annoyance now is the noise hiss/interference between tracks that dissappears when music is playing. Keep up the good work! i've been following this thread closely for an update.

That's the phones amplification hardware causing the hissing noise. Not sure if I can do anything about it but I'll take a look.