[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Ok in that case open the rom zip and delete libOmxMp3Dec.so and libOmxAacDec.so from system/lib and flash it. This should solve your problem.

Done and Done. It works ! Top man Flibblesan !! Now on v7a.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
First page..

Changes

- Rom fully resigned using correct combination of platform, shared, test and media keys

- Custom FLB kernel providing CIFS, TUN, EXT4 support and performance tweaks

- Power button reboot option and app by Paul O'Brien

- Facebook & Twitter contact sync fully working

- Stock Android dialer with caller ID fixes

- Stock system apps from Android 2.2.1

- Android Keyboard from Gingerbread

- Sound Recorder icon fixed

- Extra notification and ringtones from Nexus S

- HSDPA icon enabled

- Hardware Acceleration enabled

- Nexus Boot Animation

- Menu button unlock disabled etc...

last entry...

Achievement Unlocked: Unnecessary Flaming, 50 gamerpoints.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Tell your "GF" you can apparently use This App to back up ;)

Is it just me or is the screen res different in this rom?

Wouldn't it be easier, more trustworthy and reliable to use Titanium?

Guest burstlam

Some test and observation for the wifi issue

when I use the old supplicant file (size 352000 bytes), I found that if I trigger any hardware keys right after wake up

the machine (screen on) by the power button, wifi reconnection then seems to be interrupted and failed to reconnect.

on the other hand, if I just wake it up and touch no hardware keys. it will reconnect after a few seconds.

test it with different router : zyxel, buffalo, tplink and wifi service provider in starbucks coffee

getting the same result.

Guest jdtanner

Hi,

Seems there is a problem setting up email on an exchange server manually. Error is something like "can't communicate with server". Using 7a.

JohnT

Guest Ricksy75

just installed v7a and the gb theme, i seem to be having a prob with the reboot option, if i press reboot the phone locks up and the only way out is to remove the battery and restart the phone by pressing the power button, normal power down works as it should, is there a setting or something i dont know how to set up?

Guest aradalien
just installed v7a and the gb theme, i seem to be having a prob with the reboot option, if i press reboot the phone locks up and the only way out is to remove the battery and restart the phone by pressing the power button, normal power down works as it should, is there a setting or something i dont know how to set up?

Make sure your rooted its a requirment for it to work.

Guest Simon O
Is there any way to remove the reboot option from the power menu? If it's easier, I could replace the files from r6 if you told me which ones are needed?

edit: I've replaced framework.jar, android.policy.jar and framework-res.apk with the versions from R6, and this seems to have fixed the problem. Will this have any negative implications?

Would be best just to replace android.policy.jar as that is the only file with the reboot information added. framework-res has some fixes for the facebook sync.

Guest Simon O
Hi. I flashed my phone from r6 -> r7 -> r7a with the Gingerbread theme, all in one go. I cannot get into the Market store, it closes unexpectedly. Rebooting and power-cycling the phone has had no effect.

The error is as follows:

Anyone else got this, and is there a way to fix it without going through a full r7a flash after wiping?

Somebody else had that but they wiped and re-installed. Try going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > then press 'Force Stop' followed by 'Clear data'. Reboot the phone and open market again. Agree to the terms and it may be OK.

Guest Simon O
Reboot always locks up on MCR r11 and this for me. Never worked for anyone I know either!

I've mentioned it to Paul. The problem is that the reboot option opens an external application which doesn't work too well from the lock screen as the phone needs to be unlocked first before the app will show.

Ideally I want the phone to unlock when pressing the reboot option similar to how pressing menu used to unlock the phone. I might be able to hack it so pressing the reboot option will tell the system that menu has been pressed first then open the app.

One more question/problem for me. WiFi tether. When I enable it, my laptop can connect to phone network, but it has no internet access. What am I missing here. There are not that much options to set under wifi tether setup, so, I am kind of lost here.

Thanks.

Guest Len Ash
I've mentioned it to Paul. The problem is that the reboot option opens an external application which doesn't work too well from the lock screen as the phone needs to be unlocked first before the app will show.

Ideally I want the phone to unlock when pressing the reboot option similar to how pressing menu used to unlock the phone. I might be able to hack it so pressing the reboot option will tell the system that menu has been pressed first then open the app.

Personally, I would ditch the feature, it could be a white elephant. 99.9% of the time the phone is in real "use", rebooting is never required. A power off/on cycle may even be preferrable. If someone is using ADB or similar and needs a warm reboot, which is highly likely, then there is no need to touch the phone of course...

Guest Simon O
Personally, I would ditch the feature, it could be a white elephant. 99.9% of the time the phone is in real "use", rebooting is never required. A power off/on cycle may even be preferrable. If someone is using ADB or similar and needs a warm reboot, which is highly likely, then there is no need to touch the phone of course...

I've decided to stop it loading the external application but to keep the reboot options in. I've asked 0x90 for some assistance with this as his reboot menu works fine from the lock screen.

Guest 321_321

@Fibblesan: Do you have a donate button or an amazon.co.uk wish list?

I feel that I want to give you something back.

We are spending so much $$ on our phones, apps, etc., but your rom makes the phone experience so much better, that I think it is the best upgrade for the ZTE Blade you can get. (As I mentioned earlier: I went from the T-Mobile Pulse to the ZTE Blade because of you!)

So please consider getting one or at least send me a pm.

Guest PeterDreher
So this ROM will NOT fit on a 128MB partition, right?

How is it possible to make this ROM fit into it?

THANKS alot!

@flibblesan

Any hints to get your ROM to fit into a 128MB partition?

Again, thanks a lot for everything

Guest juniperz
@Fibblesan: Do you have a donate button or an amazon.co.uk wish list?

I feel that I want to give you something back.

We are spending so much $$ on our phones, apps, etc., but your rom makes the phone experience so much better, that I think it is the best upgrade for the ZTE Blade you can get.

So please consider getting one or at least send me a pm.

Wonderful sentiment 321_321.

I am using Paul's MCR R11 but have kept an eye on this thread for a while - I certainly admire Fibblesan's work & helpful attitude and would donate if I was using his ROM.

@flibblesan

Any hints to get your ROM to fit into a 128MB partition?

Again, thanks a lot for everything

this was answered earlier, im running it now in 128mb partition with GB theme added, and i'm impressed so far. battery life seems much better than JJ rls9 i was using previously