Browser crashes with flash

Guest MODDGG

I think there is a problem with Liquid's Froyo and Flash Player.

I have an A1 with LCR_F 1.1.2 over 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05.

I downloaded Flash Player 10.1 from the market.

When I try to run Bejeweled Blitz (a flash game in Facebook), once the game is loaded (its progress bar finishes), the screen turns into black and the browser is closed without any notification (no explicit force close).

Anyone with same or similar issue?

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Adobe Flash Player is far from perfect on Android devices. Specifically, it has issues with memory: if the flash application or game in question has a moderate to high memory usage, your device will run out of memory and the built-in OOM (out-of-memory) process killer will be forced to kill the Flash Player process. I've encountered similar problems when watching very high quality videos on Newgrounds, like Tarboy.

Adobe Flash Player is far from perfect on Android devices. Specifically, it has issues with memory: if the flash application or game in question has a moderate to high memory usage, your device will run out of memory and the built-in OOM (out-of-memory) process killer will be forced to kill the Flash Player process. I've encountered similar problems when watching very high quality videos on Newgrounds, like Tarboy.

Thanks! Do you know whether there is any way we can know for sure? Like a log of OOMs or something like that?

Guest Delnar_Ersike

AFAIK, LogCat records the activities of the oomkiller (that's what the out-of-memory killer process is called). You can also lower the value at which oomkiller starts killing certain classes of apps via apps like AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, though I doubt that will help, as Foreground and Visible apps are, by default, killed at 6 and 8 MB of free RAM respectively.

AFAIK, LogCat records the activities of the oomkiller (that's what the out-of-memory killer process is called). You can also lower the value at which oomkiller starts killing certain classes of apps via apps like AutoKiller Memory Optimizer, though I doubt that will help, as Foreground and Visible apps are, by default, killed at 6 and 8 MB of free RAM respectively.

Thanks again!

Now I suspect that this might not be the issue since I have like 40MB of free RAM... I think.

I'll try what you say and some other ideas and post my conclusions.