16/Nov r4 - MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM for the HTC Legend with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I've baked a couple of ROMs now, both with the new radio and without - but I'm not able to go online. The settings for the mobile network is correct, and I'm connected to my Service Provider (Telenor - Norway). When I restore my phone to the old version, everything is OK. Is there anyway I can troubleshoot what's really happening? Any suggestions?

Through wi-fi everything works fine, of course.

Krissi

adb pull /proc/config.gz stock-froyo-legend-config.gz

This will get the config.gz en place it in the directory where you ran adb.

This file is needed to build at least tun.ko.

Yblih

I've uploaded the config.gz:

http://filebin.ca/hppuea

pulled from r4 - MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM

cheers

adb pull /proc/config.gz stock-froyo-legend-config.gz

This will get the config.gz en place it in the directory where you ran adb.

This file is needed to build at least tun.ko.

Yblih

Thaks Yblih for your prompt reply, after I did what you said, I got the file and found the Kernel version: "Linux kernel version: 2.6.32.17"

Hi. thanks a lot for this (quick) kitchen.

I install ROM Manager but I have the message "Failure to launch a command with root permissions!" (in french, my translatation is maybe not the english message)

I cannot backup my ROM B)

I've baked a couple of ROMs now, both with the new radio and without - but I'm not able to go online. The settings for the mobile network is correct, and I'm connected to my Service Provider (Telenor - Norway). When I restore my phone to the old version, everything is OK. Is there anyway I can troubleshoot what's really happening? Any suggestions?

Through wi-fi everything works fine, of course.

Krissi

i tried MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM prebaked and custom from kitchen with radio enabled but 47.51.35.17U_7.13.35.05 baseband did not get installed, mobile data didn't work.

Right now I'm on prebaked 3.14.161.1 r1 - Stock Froyo ROM, 47.51.35.17U_7.13.35.05 baseband is installed and mobile data works again.

hope this helps.

i tried MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM prebaked and custom from kitchen with radio enabled but 47.51.35.17U_7.13.35.05 baseband did not get installed, mobile data didn't work.

Right now I'm on prebaked 3.14.161.1 r1 - Stock Froyo ROM, 47.51.35.17U_7.13.35.05 baseband is installed and mobile data works again.

hope this helps.

I got an error when I tried to install the pre-baked Stock ROM - I've posted the error message in the appropriate forum.

Thanks, anyways. B)

Krissi

Guest Kasra_Qeshm

sorry for bad English

I want arabic support for froyo

froyo has Arabic font but this font not compact

i4612_20100820224603.png

Sent massage compact and inbox massage Separately

Have to Change Libskia.so to compact Arabic Letters

This is a Atabic fix for desire , change libskia.so and framework.jar

http://rapidshare.com/files/426732840/Fars...Persianblue.zip

I change libskia.so , but not boot my legend

plese Add a fix libskia.so and framework.jar to compact letters & right to left

Edited by Kasra_Qeshm

Hi

First of all I've installed the pre-baked and its working fine till now (4-5 days) thank you.

second I'm very happy to be able to see the Arabic letter.

IMPORTANT POINTs:

-If you add Farsi/Persian fonts it will cover both arabic and farsi (as for in arabic fonts there are still probs with farsi)

-but still as mentioned above the letters are not joined, here is a link to developer of persian soft keyboard (http://stargrads.net/blogs/davinci/2009/11/persian-soft-keyboard-and-applications-for-android/) he has the fonts I type joined ... so maybe if you do what he did with the thing, you could solve the prob once and for all

"To display Persian on Android, it is not sufficient just to install a font. You also need to get the system to join the glyphs and to display them in right-to-left order."

the pic above is actual the persian soft keyboard (the green bubble is how it should be (and it is when we type, and the grayish brown is how it is how we see when we recive ... )

if you just google "farsi or arabic for android" you'll see the high demand (and it is visible here as well)

you work is much appreciated already (and I'm greatfull for you've freed my legend)

THANK YOU

I had to wipe before installing. Had many errors otherwise. Mobile data does not work.

Haven't tried kitchen baked yet.

I couldn't get mobile data to work on 1.31 version either for me.

Everything else works fine.

Thank you

UPDATE: Like Krissi I didn't have my APN settings configured.

I used my provider's APN settings and all is well now.

Edited by japlha

I've been struggling making this ROM work on my phone, the mobile network has not kicked it. Tonight I tried a new installation of a baked ROM, and I finally checked the APN settings, and they were not set. B)

Putting in the correct information from my service provider made all the difference. This is a bit embarrasing...

Now the ROM works just fine. :)

Krissi

I've been struggling making this ROM work on my phone, the mobile network has not kicked it. Tonight I tried a new installation of a baked ROM, and I finally checked the APN settings, and they were not set. B)

Putting in the correct information from my service provider made all the difference. This is a bit embarrasing...

Now the ROM works just fine. :)

Krissi

That worked for me too. I didn't realize I had to manually configure the APN.

Thaks Yblih for your prompt reply, after I did what you said, I got the file and found the Kernel version: "Linux kernel version: 2.6.32.17"

Yes, ok, the link above filebin.ca does not work. But I need more than just the kernel version ;-) this file has all the settings to build te kernel ;-)

Let's see if htc has published this kerel

dear paul

can u guide how to solve the facebook sync n calendar sync problems in legend froyo

cause i cant sync these 2 thing.

i've read somewhere that need to modify the build.prop but so far its not working

thanks

Yes, ok, the link above filebin.ca does not work. But I need more than just the kernel version ;-) this file has all the settings to build te kernel ;-)

Let's see if htc has published this kerel

sry about that, next try:

config.gz

Guest Dr.Romca
the data connection on my phone doesn't work, why?

It can't pull the apn settings from your service provider, set them up manually! BTW The answer is here already ;-)

Guest firewolf

Paul, please update Adobe Reader when you relese version r5. Now i have version 9.x, but the last version on the Market is 10.x.

It will be nice if you create a Lite ROM image without the software available in the Android Market. Like Adobe Reader, Google Maps, YouTube, Facebook, Twiter, etc.

Edited by firewolf

Guest Dr.Romca
It will be nice if you create a Lite ROM image without the software available in the Android Market...

It's just a matter of unpacking the zip file, deleting the unwanted apk's ond odex's (if they are there), re-packing and signing it again...but watch for the widgets, there are another references somewhere in the system to them, though I don't know where...

Edited by Dr.Romca

Guest daihogo

Everything is fine with one mistake on my phone.

When i set a alarm on my phone it dont stops ringing and no message is shown. I have to put the batterie out of the phone.

I dont use the htc-lockscreen i disabled it in my baked rom, could this the reason?

edit:

i flashed again with htc lockscreen included and now everything is fine. THX for this great ROM

Edited by daihogo