16/Nov r4 - MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM for the HTC Legend with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest goose2600
Is there going to be a new release of this ROM now that the Froyo for unbranded Legends is released as well?

Paul, we are waiting for you! :)

Edited by goose2600

Thx goose!

Have a Bug "found":

i everytime become an error then i remove the keylog on my htc - somthing with the water-bg, disabling or change the bg should solve the problem - havent tested jet ;-)

Guest SnowToad

Hey just a quick question.. with the options of the HTC Sense apps, are some dependent on others?

If I remove Rosie (The Sense Launcher) would it mess up other apps (Dialer, Photos, Clock, etc)?

Also, is it a bad idea to include the Google apps Youtube and Voice Search in the custom kitchen because there are versions of them available in the market which can be updated.. if you have them put in /system they won't register in market and can't be updated?

And also with the Facebook app to be put in /system, how does that link to the Facebook app on market in case there are updates?

Also are there any precautions/reasons why I should maybe not include the new radio? Could it have implications?

Cheers, I'd like to hear feedback asap so I can root and flash!

Great ROM! the only one that's been working bug-less for me after ~5 rom attempts :)

One question though: This ROM takes up much more phone space than say CM6 rom - I'm guessing it has to do with Sense...

Is there a way to see how much space does each component take? (meaning the components I can select in the kitchen..)

Thanks!

Guest mcraymondo

I have flashed this Rom & still have radio version 47.26.35.04u_7.05.35.26l. It still works but I'm curious as to how flashing the new radio image will help. I used the pre bake version cos I'm new to this & I assumed it included the new radio. Can anybody offer some input?

Guest deimdos
I have flashed this Rom & still have radio version 47.26.35.04u_7.05.35.26l. It still works but I'm curious as to how flashing the new radio image will help. I used the pre bake version cos I'm new to this & I assumed it included the new radio. Can anybody offer some input?

there your go

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=841932

take care of what you do... read and be sure before flashing

Guest deimdos
yes but the number of the radio in the kitchen is slightly different to the one in the thread you have posted here. does this make a difference?

it's exactly the same radio, look at the final numbers :(

Guest monkeydrufy

sorry guys, I would like to install this rom

I have read that Clockwork recovery is required, I have a legend with Hboot 1.01

what Can I do?

thanks

Edited by monkeydrufy

Guest mcraymondo
it's exactly the same radio, look at the final numbers :(

thanks. still a noob. However I did just end up flashing the r1 stock froyo rom which did have the updated radio included then just flashed this r4 froyo custom rom back on again. No problems whatsoever. I did find this rom a bit laggy however. Not sure why or what causes it but i've read on vodafone forums from people running unrooted with stock software having problems with lag. Thought I'd give cyanogenmod 6.1 a go for now. Looks good!!

Guest metalfreek

What about A2SD? Is there anyone who got it running and can tell me how to do it on my legend?

Please helb me, my memory is getting low...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GodBacon

Hi and thanks Paul and everyone else.

Noob here. No problems whatsoever, but a small question: many apps in the kitchen here (fm radio, footprints, flashlight and so on) are put under /System automatically. No way in hell to have them under /data so they would be more manageable? I'm thinking about app2sd via titanium backup, for example. Are they originally under /System in the stock non-root froyo by htc?

I tried to cook a "plain" version of the rom, without youtube, maps, ecc, but as soon as I open the market it installs everything automatically under /System again...

I don't even know if my question makes sense or not...

• 2 weeks later...

Flashed this rom as replacement for the stock froyo rom on modaco. So far everything works fine. Not sure if it's really faster though I do get about 80 points more in quadrant. However this rom does seem to eat up 10mb memory more than the stock one. Is this right? Because right now I have 55mb free (I believe it was 118mb right after install) while I have fewer apps installed than before while I had about 64mb free before I flashed.

I did do a wipe/factory reset but I did not clear cache. Could that be it?

• 3 months later...
Guest snip123

Cheers on a great ROM. I have some issues though:

Issue 1:

I keep getting Force Close on com.htc.bgp

I read on some forums that this could happen because of special characters in your facebook profile (don't have one).

Personally, I think its because of some dependency between apps.

I'm trying different combinations to see when I can make it go away.

Issue 2 (More of an FYI):

When I don't include Sense, I don't see anything after the initial HTC setup wizard.

FIX: I uploaded an APK of Go Launcher EX placed in /system/apps at the kitchen and it works now.

Edited by snip123

• 6 months later...

@Paul

I have only recently got a Legend and this is yet another great rom from you.

I have used the kitchen to bake mine, and it works fine ...

and have even attempted to include my own boot animation and mp3, but with no success.

(files attached)

decompiling the rom, and adding my changes does not work properly ...

I get sound, but a black screen.

it may be a signing problem as I have no luck on that front.

can anyone please advise how to include this in a bake ?

many thanks.

android_audio.mp3

bootanimation.zip

Edited by carkev

Guest carkev

@Paul

I have only recently got a Legend and this is yet another great rom from you.

I have used the kitchen to bake mine, and it works fine ...

and have even attempted to include my own boot animation and mp3, but with no success.

(files attached)

decompiling the rom, and adding my changes does not work properly ...

I get sound, but a black screen.

it may be a signing problem as I have no luck on that front.

can anyone please advise how to include this in a bake ?

many thanks.

any help or suggestions ? ... any one please

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zebo0001

Hi, I can´t download the signed Kitchen Rom.

always error:

The requested URL /cache/1326383230/120112-1647-r4-update-modacocustomrom-legend-kitchen-signed-MD5-.zip was not found on this server.

can you help

Thanks