Acer Liquid E - Official Android 2.2 Froyo 4.001.08.PA

Guest xaueious

Guest alan090
Atm, the Rogers firmware is however I'm working on trying to find a fix.

Let you know as soon as I get it.

i made an update.zip without the radio / recovery - just flash from malez - o and should be rooted to

includes rom+kernel with root/bb

will test my rom based on this version... need some themeing though and see how the battery is :rolleyes:'

uploading now - will make a new thread as I will post both stock fido and rogers rooted and then update with modified versions :huh:

New member here. Been reading whats going and it would have been helpful before I tried to update. My phone is currently not working and the only thing i can do with it is get into the malez recovery. Guess I have to wait to see what happens.

Guest bishopdd

I followed the directions provided with the download. Now I get a screen with an android and an exclamation mark. Also get the following error.

/dev/block/mmcblk0 doesnot exist

/dev/block/mmcblk0 does exist

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(status 2)

Installation aborted.

Do any one know what went wrong?

when I do reboot the system, it appears that I have froyo, but the menu, home and power button do not work. Also the keyboard will only type alpha not numbers.

Guest Harness
New member here. Been reading whats going and it would have been helpful before I tried to update. My phone is currently not working and the only thing i can do with it is get into the malez recovery. Guess I have to wait to see what happens.

If you're on Rogers, my new ROM should be up soon as long as my internet doesn't crap out.

If you don't want to wait, you can download the latest leak .bin file and use the Acer Download Tools, you can find both in this section of the forums. There's even a tutorial on the latter.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-gen1-05-01-05/

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

I followed the directions provided with the download. Now I get a screen with an android and an exclamation mark. Also get the following error.

/dev/block/mmcblk0 doesnot exist

/dev/block/mmcblk0 does exist

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

Installing update...

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(status 2)

Installation aborted.

Do any one know what went wrong?

when I do reboot the system, it appears that I have froyo, but the menu, home and power button do not work. Also the keyboard will only type alpha not numbers.

Looks like the file corrupted on download, because it didn't even get to the second update.zip, which seems to be the important one.

Edited by Harness

Guest bishopdd
If you're on Rogers, my new ROM should be up soon as long as my internet doesn't crap out.

If you don't want to wait, you can download the latest leak .bin file and use the Acer Download Tools, you can find both in this section of the forums. There's even a tutorial on the latter.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-gen1-05-01-05/

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-acer-liquid-e/

Looks like the file corrupted on download, because it didn't even get to the second update.zip, which seems to be the important one.

Have downloaded it numerous time with two different pc's. I can get this to work.

Guest alan090
Can someone verify these things on this ROM?

1) what's the baseband version

2) is USB tethering enabled?

dont know did not flash the radio... no need so its a waste of time to do it anyhow other than if u need it for shipping back in

yes as well as wifi hotspot

Just reflashed my Liquid back to factory stock, thanks to Nighthawk Mackenzies work around. Now I still can't install the rogers update gives me a status 7 error.

Guest alan090
Just reflashed my Liquid back to factory stock, thanks to Nighthawk Mackenzies work around. Now I still can't install the rogers update gives me a status 7 error.

flash the latest froyo bin and then use the update.zip i posted in the official rogers and fido thread I made - no need for complex s*** like reverting to stock...

Guest Harness
dont know did not flash the radio... no need so its a waste of time to do it anyhow other than if u need it for shipping back in

yes as well as wifi hotspot

No update in the radio.

Guest xaueious

From what I've read so far, there's really no reason to use this over a leak right now...

Might as well wait for the LCR team to pick up the binaries and repack this. Doesn't seem that different.

Guest Harness
From what I've read so far, there's really no reason to use this over a leak then...

Unless I repack the boot.img..

I find it faster. I'll report on battery tomorrow, as I've had it connected all night fiddling with it.

Guest kenship

Question here before I try upgrading.

I have a Fido stock rom, installed "Universal Androot" for root access and "Superuser Permissions", used Titanium backup to remove some stock apps.

Will I have trouble upgrading?

I ask because I don't have a spare phone and don't want to run into the risk of bricking it.

Thanks!

Guest alan090
From what I've read so far, there's really no reason to use this over a leak right now...

Might as well wait for the LCR team to pick up the binaries and repack this. Doesn't seem that different.

for someone that can build kernel source you sure rely on people alot to repack your roms... and you dont seem to use/test anything but LCR

its alot better than the latest leak IMO and plenty of reasons to use it

Guest Harness
Question here before I try upgrading.

I have a Fido stock rom, installed "Universal Androot" for root access and "Superuser Permissions", used Titanium backup to remove some stock apps.

Will I have trouble upgrading?

I ask because I don't have a spare phone and don't want to run into the risk of bricking it.

Thanks!

You shouldn't but I'd suggest using Malez and one of the custom scripts in this forum.

Guest kenship
You shouldn't but I'd suggest using Malez and one of the custom scripts in this forum.

Actually I put a few stock apps back to it, removed universal androot and upgraded to 2.2 w/o problem.

Ken

Guest devoluti0n

Hi there, I'm not sure to understand.

I'm running this leak, as far as I remember : Acer_LiquidE_4.503.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.03.

I'm french, and my phone operator is SFR. What bin do I need to download ?

Rogers's 4.001.08.P.ROG ?

Fido's 4.001.08.FIDO ?

The 1.100.09.EMEA.GEN1_A21E_A from : http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS...&SC=EMEA_13 (which is a 2.1 Froyo bin)

Or the latest leak ?

What is the rom I need to put on top of theses bins ? I can keep the LCR ? Or is it better to go for the light version, from Alan090 : http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...roms-any-phone/

Thanks in advance...

Guest Chewy11

Fido is the lower cost brand of Rogers mostly in Quebec not much difference between the 2.

Nothing great to see really in these ROMs (all I have found so far is the space bar scroller tabs and no breeze UI).

I have flashed both the Rogers and Fido ROMs.

If you have LCR-F running.....stick with that!

LCR-F is built with 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05 bin.

Latest bin is: 4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05(I am running this on my Liquid E and It's running GREAT!)

On this forum both have been reported to be OK with LCR-F ROM.

For bin: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/

Edited by Chewy11

Guest alan090
Fido is the lower cost brand of Rogers mostly in Quebec not much difference between the 2.

Nothing great to see really in these ROMs (all I have found so far is the space bar scroller tabs and no breeze UI).

I have flashed both the Rogers and Fido ROMs.

If you have LCR-F running.....stick with that!

LCR-F is built with 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05 bin.

Latest bin is: 4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05(I am running this on my Liquid E and It's running GREAT!)

On this forum both have been reported to be OK with LCR-F ROM.

For bin: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/

you understand that when u flash a rom based on an older leak - regardless of bin your using it still uses the older files from the rom

so from reports this rom is giving the same baseband as the leak (in answer to the above question - there is no reason to flash this for baseband - if u want to use lcr then keep using it - if you would like to use this release - as it is now u can try either my light version or the stock versions by me on the current leak .bin - which is much easier to get than the rogers flashing nonsense that i had to get rid of in my versions - so they work fine with current bin too - do not think people understand what a .bin/rom is very well)

the bin is simply the baseband / partition layout and has nothing to do with the rom

this rom is much newer and imo since its an official not leaked release - of higher quality than the leaks

there is much reason for people to build / modify these roms - i mean you can make it lcr by simply taking the files from lcr like scripts apps bin xbin etc and integrate them in the rom the same way and you might have a much better rom

anyhow for me this is great B) gives me alot to play with and will base my froyo roms on these until cm6 becomes stable

Edited by alan090

Guest devoluti0n

Oh, I see...

But my question was more about the fact my phone is a french phone.

I tought there was a story about the fact my phone would be simlocked as this a canadian version.

That's why I wondered that.

So you say me that there's no simlock possible if I just flash a bin, it's only a rom thing ?

Guest devoluti0n
It is only for Liquid E. All official versions are only for Liquid E not Liquid A1

Oh, it answers my question. I'm using the A1 version. So I'm going to use the latest leak, as I think it works for the A1 too.

Guest alan090
Oh, it answers my question. I'm using the A1 version. So I'm going to use the latest leak, as I think it works for the A1 too.

this rom works for the a1 too just not as it is - i have repacked it on the other thread i made - just have the latest bin installed and then flash one of the zips using malez i made and it will work on a1 too B)

Oh, I see...

But my question was more about the fact my phone is a french phone.

I tought there was a story about the fact my phone would be simlocked as this a canadian version.

That's why I wondered that.

So you say me that there's no simlock possible if I just flash a bin, it's only a rom thing ?

YES there is a SIMLOCK on the Fido/Rogers BIN/ROM