Acer Liquid E - Official Android 2.2 Froyo 4.001.08.PA

Guest xaueious

this rom works for the a1 too just not as it is - i have repacked it on the other thread i made - just have the latest bin installed and then flash one of the zips using malez i made and it will work on a1 too B)

Alan090: does your a1 version remove the SIMLOCK issue? Mine is a simfree A1... I also don´t get which are the differences between Rogers and Fido...

Guest vovidaisu
this rom works for the a1 too just not as it is - i have repacked it on the other thread i made - just have the latest bin installed and then flash one of the zips using malez i made and it will work on a1 too B)

You're right. It must be "cooked" a bit to have another rom used for Liquid A1.

You can use this ROM for flashing Liquid A1 (256M) with

Acer download tool: http://www.fileserve.com/file/xd35mjA

BIN file: http://www.fileserve.com/file/kYszVdV

Edited by vovidaisu

Guest alan090
For people stuck with the "SIMLOCK" do a google search for " Mobileincanada " they can unlock for $$.

I am not associated with them, just some info I came across

yes as stated is simlock free

Thanks

cooked and ready to "eat" B)

Edited by alan090

Guest andrey08

Hi

can you guys help me activate the Acer breeze UI.

I flashed rogers version, but since I used LauncherPro, by default it loaded.

When i disabled it, I got stock Froyo, but not Acer UI.

It seems that cannot activate the new Acer UI as well the cool new Call interface UI.

Please assit

I tried settings -> app

but there is no UI option there...

Guest oilers2010

I would like to know as well as I want the acer/breeze UI as well. if I have to go back to LCR, I would like to know how well it works with the official froyo release.

Guest dbehman

Hi - wasn't sure if I should start a new topic or not, so here goes...

I unlocked my Liquid E and was using everything perfectly fine with Bell and android 2.1 ... Then today I upgraded to 2.2 and everything except data over HSPA (or whatever Bell uses) no longer works at all no matter what changes I make in the Wireless settings nor how many times I reboot.

The odd thing is that even with "Data enabled" unchecked (interested that this is reversed from 2.1) I still see an "H" icon in the status bar... I never see the up and down arrows beneath the icon anymore when data is enabled...

Could it be because I'm using my Liquid E on Bell? Voice seems to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Guest Harness

I unlocked my Liquid E and was using everything perfectly fine with Bell and android 2.1 ... Then today I upgraded to 2.2 and everything except data over HSPA (or whatever Bell uses) no longer works at all no matter what changes I make in the Wireless settings nor how many times I reboot.

The odd thing is that even with "Data enabled" unchecked (interested that this is reversed from 2.1) I still see an "H" icon in the status bar... I never see the up and down arrows beneath the icon anymore when data is enabled...

Could it be because I'm using my Liquid E on Bell? Voice seems to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

While your data is enabled, you won't see the up/down arrows; something in this rom doesn't like bell (Rogers, maybe?) Although, if you're on bell, why are you using a Rogers ROM?

Harness.

Guest Morris Lee

Thanks,

Dan

The lcrf and the roggin's roms works quite well, so I never wanted to try rogers rom again as I finally got rid of it. I am on bell with roger's unlocked liquid e too

So I know that I understand this, is the line

"assert(getprop("ro.build.display.id") == "Acer_LiquidE_1.100.87_PA_ROG");"

specifically calling for "Acer_LiquidE_1.100.87_PA_ROG"? As in, in order to flash that bin you'd have to have "Acer_LiquidE_1.100.87_PA_ROG" installed, yes?

Without any modifications to the scripts that is.

Can't you just change th build.prop on your phone and then try to flash your phone using the original update.zip from Acer? No need messing the the provided zip.

Guest Chewy11
Hi

can you guys help me activate the Acer breeze UI.

I flashed rogers version, but since I used LauncherPro, by default it loaded.

When i disabled it, I got stock Froyo, but not Acer UI.

It seems that cannot activate the new Acer UI as well the cool new Call interface UI.

Please assit

I tried settings -> app

but there is no UI option there...

I would like to know as well as I want the acer/breeze UI as well. if I have to go back to LCR, I would like to know how well it works with the official froyo release.

anyone? I would like to try Acer UI /Breeze.

Thx B)

Rogers 2.2 does not have Acer UI ....use a leak to get that.

Guest dbehman
While your data is enabled, you won't see the up/down arrows; something in this rom doesn't like bell (Rogers, maybe?) Although, if you're on bell, why are you using a Rogers ROM?

Harness.

I used to see the up/down arrows with the "H" icon in 2.1. Maybe that's changed in 2.2?

Anyway, I used the Rogers 2.2 release as I was successfully using (what I assume is) Rogers' version of 2.1 with Bell. Perhaps Rogers tweaked something in the way data is used on the phone in this release then... Would be nice to be able to "untweak" as I'm a little cautious about installing lcrf at the moment. Would it be safe to just install lcrf over top of Rogers' 2.2?

Is there a non-Rogers/non-Fido stock version of 2.2 released from Acer?

Thanks for the help!

Dan

Guest Harness
I used to see the up/down arrows with the "H" icon in 2.1. Maybe that's changed in 2.2?

Anyway, I used the Rogers 2.2 release as I was successfully using (what I assume is) Rogers' version of 2.1 with Bell. Perhaps Rogers tweaked something in the way data is used on the phone in this release then... Would be nice to be able to "untweak" as I'm a little cautious about installing lcrf at the moment. Would it be safe to just install lcrf over top of Rogers' 2.2?

Is there a non-Rogers/non-Fido stock version of 2.2 released from Acer?

Thanks for the help!

Dan

I don't believe the EMEA 2.2 ROM has been released from Acer yet, but the leaked .bins (if you'd be willing to flash a leaked .bin - I assume you are running LCR-F on top) are pretty well as stable as the Rogers release.

Guest dbehman
I don't believe the EMEA 2.2 ROM has been released from Acer yet, but the leaked .bins (if you'd be willing to flash a leaked .bin - I assume you are running LCR-F on top) are pretty well as stable as the Rogers release.

Thanks for the help so far.

I'm not running any sort of non-official bin or rom - I only applied the official Rogers 2.2 update on top of the 2.1 official version.

I'm normally pretty good with the modding/hacking scene with game consoles, etc, but I have to be honest - I'm pretty confused with all of this.

It seems there's nothing anyone knows that can help me get my data working again on Bell - I tried messing around with the APN settings but that doesn't help - text messaging works fine, btw. One interesting thing is that I can't find anywhere to set MNC or MCC values which might be the key, but I'm just guessing.

I understand that I also cannot flash back to stock 2.1 (I didn't do any sort of backup before updating - bad on me I guess).

So what are my options now?

Try LCR-F 1.0? Does this have a good chance of getting my data working? Do I just following the instructions at http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...uidCommunityROM ? Its ok to do all of that on top of official Rogers 2.2?

Thanks so much in advance,

Dan

Guest split2th
Thanks for the help so far.

I'm not running any sort of non-official bin or rom - I only applied the official Rogers 2.2 update on top of the 2.1 official version.

I'm normally pretty good with the modding/hacking scene with game consoles, etc, but I have to be honest - I'm pretty confused with all of this.

It seems there's nothing anyone knows that can help me get my data working again on Bell - I tried messing around with the APN settings but that doesn't help - text messaging works fine, btw. One interesting thing is that I can't find anywhere to set MNC or MCC values which might be the key, but I'm just guessing.

I understand that I also cannot flash back to stock 2.1 (I didn't do any sort of backup before updating - bad on me I guess).

So what are my options now?

Try LCR-F 1.0? Does this have a good chance of getting my data working? Do I just following the instructions at http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...uidCommunityROM ? Its ok to do all of that on top of official Rogers 2.2?

Thanks so much in advance,

Dan

Does not surprise me at all that rogers/fido has blocked bell/tellus 3g network. They are their biggest Canadian competitors. You can go back to 2.1, that is if you can root your phone. I've heard people are having problems with Malez recovery working with the official froyo release. Which is what you'd need to root your phone. I know Harness is working on the problem. Is anyone else having a problem with Malez after flashing official rom. Or flashing alan009 rom?

Guest IareBaboon
Does not surprise me at all that rogers/fido has blocked bell/tellus 3g network. They are their biggest Canadian competitors. You can go back to 2.1, that is if you can root your phone. I've heard people are having problems with Malez recovery working with the official froyo release. Which is what you'd need to root your phone. I know Harness is working on the problem. Is anyone else having a problem with Malez after flashing official rom. Or flashing alan009 rom?

I basically registered to post in this thread. Like you said, I was having problems with Malez recovery also. I used the fido rom from Mickster777 from this thread. I still don't have Malez working, but for those who want root so that they can use Titanium Backup or something, there's an app called z4root (By RyanZA) in the android market that roots our phone. There's a temporary option and a permanent option. Then again, maybe everyone else knew about this and I'm just stating the obvious lol

Edited by IareBaboon

Guest split2th
I basically registered to post in this thread. Like you said, I was having problems with Malez recovery also. I used the fido rom from Mickster777 from this thread. I still don't have Malez working, but for those who want root so that they can use Titanium Backup or something, there's an app called z4root (By RyanZA) in the android market that roots our phone. There's a temporary option and a permanent option. Then again, maybe everyone else knew about this and I'm just stating the obvious lol

I'm sure a few people will be happy to hear that. I haven't used any of these roms yet. but am planning on using one of the rooted ones from alan009. The big problem for me is whether or not i can get Malez working.

Guest dbehman

Hi - I figured I'd post my experience today in hopes of helping others getting the Rogers Liquid E working on Bell's data network.

I tried to install Malez recovery first and it seemed to complete successfully, but when I booted into recovery I got the default Android Recovery Menu - seems to confirm what you said above.

I decided to then go ahead with installing Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05 and the install went flawlessly. I rebooted and was pleasantly surprised to see that everything works like a charm!!! Flipping between Wifi and data over Bell Mobility's network is actually better than it was with stock Rogers 2.1 (I had to occasionally reboot)!!! Flash works perfectly too. I love it!

Next I'm going to install Malez (I'm assuming it will work much better with this bin) and then install the LCR-F ROMs to get even better features and performance.

Thank God for you guys and the community - I tried to get help from Bell and Acer - both were useless.

Dan

Guest Harness
I'm sure a few people will be happy to hear that. I haven't used any of these roms yet. but am planning on using one of the rooted ones from alan009. The big problem for me is whether or not i can get Malez working.

I'm working on releasing the Malez fix. Hold tight guys, I do believe I'm close

The Malez .exe file downloaded here:

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...mp;can=2&q=

should be downloaded onto PC, and run from pc, on its own

If you can flash a .bin with the acer tool, then you can run this .exe from your pc

good luck

Yes, but it gets overwritten on shut down. B)

Edited by Harness