2.2 parts in 2.1?

Guest the1c3man

Guest the1c3man

Hi All

I've gone back to FLB1.6 from CM6 because of a few bugs and issues, but i miss a few things, like the qwerty keyboard and the 3d gallery.

Is there any way i can get them onto my FLB1.6 rom? I've seen the newer market version for android2.1 so it must be possible???

Many Thanks

Edited by the1c3man

Guest AntonioPT
Hi All

I've gone back to FLB1.6 from CM6 because of a few bugs and issues, but i miss a few things, like the qwerty keyboard and the 3d gallery.

Is there any way i can get them onto my FLB1.6 rom? I've seen the newer market version for android2.1 so it must be possible???

Many Thanks

I don't understand what you mean by "qwerty keyboard". FLB includes the default Android keyboard and Touchpal, a much better one.

About the 3D Gallery, this should work for you: http://www.appbrain.com/app/gallery-3d/com.cooliris.media

Guest AntonioPT
Thanks for the info on the 3d Gallery.

How can I remove touchpal? so i can use the default android 2.1 keyboard.

The default Android keyboard SUCKS SO MUCH... but if you still want to use it, just long press on a text field (e.g. on messaging app) and then tap "Entry method" (or something like that) then select Android keyboard.-

Guest spanner44

Although I couldn't download the Gallery, although I could see it listed on AppBrain, it would not download, I have found it here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653503 (hope the link is allowed). They have several links there but I used the modified one which disabled the camera button and now it works fantastic.

Can't get the YouTube one to work yet, will have to work on that one later.

Guest rulerofkaos

I think the 2D gallery is better, I don't need any fancy animations if my phone totally lacks with it. The 2D one is smooth and fast.

I installed youtube via ADB push, first i deleted the old one and it worked without a reboot.

Guest the1c3man
Although I couldn't download the Gallery, although I could see it listed on AppBrain, it would not download, I have found it here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653503 (hope the link is allowed). They have several links there but I used the modified one which disabled the camera button and now it works fantastic.

Can't get the YouTube one to work yet, will have to work on that one later.

Which one did you install? Gallery3d or Gallery3DFroyo?

IGNORE! just installed the Gallery3D one an works great! Thank you!

Edited by the1c3man

Guest jrodrigues
Thanks for the info on the 3d Gallery.

How can I remove touchpal? so i can use the default android 2.1 keyboard.

You are aware that touchpal features 3 keyboard layout, right? includinga one full qwerty and one semi-qwerty... You just swipe the keyboard to the side to change the layout...