[Rom] The Official Rogers and Fido Roms (any phone)

Guest alan090

Guest headquarter84

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a while now, can safely be considered a complete newbie in Android, and now it seems it's time for me to start asking a few questions if I may ;)!

I've had a Liquid for some time now with the Middle Eastern Donut "OS_Acer_2.000.48.EMEA.CUS4_A16D_A" which supported Arabic & right to left text but was heavily bloated with crapware, but then it died, so I had it "repaired" at the service center here in Dubai only to find out that it had a "Defective Mainboard", thus it was erplaced with what I found out to be an MB with the Italian Vodafone Donut pre-installed!

Anyway, long story made short, I'm currently downloading the Eclair ROM from Acer's Italian website "OS_Acer_1.100.06.EMEA.VFIT_A21E_Italy Operator Vodafone" but I'm only concerned on the next move to Froyo... Do I need to install a stock Froyo image first providing that my Liquid is the 256MB S100 and not the Liquid E? or would the Rogers_Stock ROM supplied in this thread be sufficient once installed as an upgrade over Eclaire using Malez recovery?

I have no issues with rooting, backing up and restoring from Nandroid or using Malez recovery, so my issue is basically about deciding which rom to use after the official VodaFoneITaly Eclair update...

and I've already given up regarding a version that supports arabic, cause the Eclair is not even released yet for Middle East region!

Sorry for being a bit confusing, but I appreciaet every single little hint :P

Thank you all!

H.Q.

Guest Pockymonster
So yea with the recent release of the rogers and fido roms - alot of people are having trouble flashing it

so i ripped the internal update.zip out - added bb and root from a recent leak release and cleaned out the rogers apps and added a couple for utility - took about 30 minutes to test the first version and then spent the last 30-60 mins ripping out the crap for the light version

removed the simlock for those who are wondering - cannot test though as I am on rogers myself

Here is the light version : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KYUYZ3T1

Stock rooted with all the crap will be up soon

stock fido : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9EL9KUI

stock Rogers : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDDAWSIY

just flash any one of them as a regular update from malez recovery with the latest froyo bin for the radio/baseband

I've been trying for hours and I don't understand quite what to do.

I have the lastest version of malez recovery on my phone. It's got Rogers 2.1 eclair on it but I can't use the update from the rogers site because I think I made some changes. I am trying to use your update here but when I tried to use it it'd install but then get stuck at the "ACER" screen with the androids on boot up.

Can someone clarify for me for dummies what I'm supposed to do?

Do I?

1. Install malez recovery

2. flash a different froyo 2.2 bin for the "baseband?"

3. Then use the update that Allan provided on top of it?

If I have to flash a Froyo bin which one do I use? There are leaks but I don't know what version and there is all this confusion about 3.1 or 3.7 for acer tools. I don't know where to get acer tools and which version to use or how to flash it.

Is there a guide for dummies somewhere?

Guest impunity

try here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1505511

I've been trying for hours and I don't understand quite what to do.

I have the lastest version of malez recovery on my phone. It's got Rogers 2.1 eclair on it but I can't use the update from the rogers site because I think I made some changes. I am trying to use your update here but when I tried to use it it'd install but then get stuck at the "ACER" screen with the androids on boot up.

Can someone clarify for me for dummies what I'm supposed to do?

Do I?

1. Install malez recovery

2. flash a different froyo 2.2 bin for the "baseband?"

3. Then use the update that Allan provided on top of it?

If I have to flash a Froyo bin which one do I use? There are leaks but I don't know what version and there is all this confusion about 3.1 or 3.7 for acer tools. I don't know where to get acer tools and which version to use or how to flash it.

Is there a guide for dummies somewhere?

Guest split2th

I keep coming back to my fido rom. I havn't found anything more stable yet. For daily use it has been great. Can't wait till lcr-f or liquid metal gets OC. I have a feeling this rom will be around for a while though.

Edited by split2th

• 2 months later...
Guest JF-Gino ld
Anyone having any problems with youtube? I haven't been able to play a video since I flashed this rom.

I had a problem w youtube but after I installed flashplayer it all started to work.

this stock rom was always disconnecting usb and bluetooth in my car was buggy

Edited by JF-Gino ld

Guest BejhanJ
I had a problem w youtube but after I installed flashplayer it all started to work.

this stock rom was always disconnecting usb and bluetooth in my car was buggy

I have flash player installed already. I tried reinstalling. Still can't play videos.

Does anyone know how to get the mobile youtube site to just play in the browser rather than open the application?

• 6 months later...

I have flash player installed already. I tried reinstalling. Still can't play videos.

Does anyone know how to get the mobile youtube site to just play in the browser rather than open the application?

In case anyone is still watching this topic, after much problems with this ROM, I switched to LiquidNext 1.8. Now my Youtube works!