SF Compatible Wired Headset Found

Guest oh!dougal

Hey guys!

I just thought i would tell you about this manufacturer. http://www.urbanears.com/product/all/

They make headphones that include a microphone.. Its mainly for iphone but it says that they include a converter cable for tada NOKIA!

That would make it work with our blades also.. I havent ordered it yet. I think im going to try to find some store that have them so i can try them myself. They are 32ohm so im not sure how loud they can play since the blade's not that powerful..

Just wanted to tell you about it.

Cheers!

some cheap deals going on at orange , £8 items , bluetooth , power-monkey etc , might be helpful to somebody lookin for accessories , seems cheap enough , spend over £10 for free delivery

http://www.orangeaccessories.co.uk/8for8.html

Thanks for that. The Powermonkey is 2/3 off the retail price (older model but same capacity) - you will get 1.5 full charges out of this if you can't charge any other way.

• 2 weeks later...
This is the headset i was talking about.

they dont have any serial number, or model number writen on them.

but it's a standard Samsung Omnia II (GT-I8000) headset

Looks like one of these, which lists the model as: Samsung Stereo Headset AAEP433JBE & AARM040EBE Adapter. Other sellers may have it cheaper.

Got an odd problem

using either the supplied handsfree or an adapter, when I get n incoming call the button (on the handsfree) just starts the music player (winamp). Any ideas?? Seems to be the same problem with both 2.2 roms I have tried.

Guest oh!dougal
using either the supplied handsfree or an adapter, when I get n incoming call the button (on the handsfree) just starts the music player (winamp). Any ideas?? Seems to be the same problem with both 2.2 roms I have tried.

What you have identified is that this behaviour has to do with the 2.2 you have been using - NOT the actual headset hardware.

It may very possibly be an error in the ZTE-published source materials.

To (try to) bring this to the attention of the rom developer(s) you should post this bug on the appropriate rom threads.

To keep it simple (and reproducible) I'd suggest concentrating only on "the standard headset button does the wrong thing with your rom" aspect...

Edited by oh!dougal

What you have identified is that this behaviour has to do with the 2.2 you have been using - NOT the actual headset hardware.

It may very possibly be an error in the ZTE-published source materials.

To (try to) bring this to the attention of the rom developer(s) you should post this bug on the appropriate rom threads.

To keep it simple (and reproducible) I'd suggest concentrating only on "the standard headset button does the wrong thing with your rom" aspect...

Cheers for that, I had wondered if it was a hardware problem with the phone. Will have a look through the info on the ROM I downloaded.

Guest tranceformer88

Slightly on the same issue, I bought a pair of Soundmagic MP21 earphones with mic. Read some reviews where people said it worked with HTC phones so assumed it would also work for the SF. Wrong!!! Seems HTC phones have the same headphone socket type as an iPhone (ie. ground and mic reversed to SF). Seen an adaptor from KVConnections in the US but it after postage it costs more than the earphones themselves!!! Anyone seen anythign similar for cheaper or made their own adaptor to reverse the mic/gnd wires??? The MP21s sound really ace so really would like to use them with the SF. Currently got them plugged into the supplied headphone/mic splitter cable which is then in turn plugged into the Nokia mic headset!!!! Rather inelegant solution but sllows me to use the Nokia mic for answering calls as well as gettign proper sound thru the earphones.

• 1 month later...
Guest toggle

hi I am using replica samsung earphones. I am very satisfied with the sound quality and the loudness. the seller allowed me to try before buying and I bought them after I saw they are fully functioning with SF. it costed about 4 euros.

I can take calls and talk when phone rings and I can also talk when I call someone. earhone is two pieces. 4 teeth adapter with a mic on the edge and earphoes 3 teeth. on the mic there is only one button.

with the standart media player when you hit the button it pauses music when you long press then sometimes it plays next song but sometimes just pauses. however I use PowerAMP as music player. with the poweramp earphones function perfect one press pause 2 press next song.

this is the earphones I am talking about:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6787/img20110301182131.gif

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/107/img20110301182147.gif

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1209/im...10301182313.gif

Edited by toggle

Guest toggle
toggle - can you post a link to where you got the replica phones from please ?

I am sorry I forgot to mention I am living in Turkey and I got the headphones from a local phoneshop in Ankara. I do not think samsung has this model. it is really replica. but I am very happy with it. I can honestly say it provides quality sound that can be compared with my Creative EP630 earphones.

Guest Chrisset
I am sorry I forgot to mention I am living in Turkey and I got the headphones from a local phoneshop in Ankara. I do not think samsung has this model. it is really replica. but I am very happy with it. I can honestly say it provides quality sound that can be compared with my Creative EP630 earphones.

My Orange supplied hands free failed fairly soon after buying. Orange absolutely unhelpful. I have bought 4 different hands free headsets and none have worked. Girl in Orange shop pretended she could hear me !! In the end I cut the earphones from new ones and soldered on to the original SF cable (NOT easy) and then insulated in heat shrink. " wires are reversed in the SF supplied headsets; can't remember which ones now but I tapped them out on my multimeter and they are wired differently than others.

You have to be careful because initilly you believe that they work until you try to talk. Nothing.

Is everybody saying that there is a converter box that switches the wiring configuration and how much is it ?

Guest BritishBob
Got an odd problem

Try disabling the headset function in winamp.

Guest oh!dougal
.. I have bought 4 different hands free headsets and none have worked. ... In the end I cut the earphones from new ones and soldered on to the original SF cable (NOT easy) and then insulated in heat shrink. wires are reversed in the SF supplied headsets; .... they are wired differently than others.

Is everybody saying that there is a converter box that switches the wiring configuration and how much is it ?

Hey, if all else fails you could have a look at the first post in the thread ... and maybe post 61. :(

Welcome to this Forum. There's an in-thread search bottom left of each page and a Forum search towards the top right corner.

iPhone headsets are wired differently to the SF (and many/most (all?) Nokias).

If a headset is sold for the iPhone, it is guaranteed wrong for the SF - unless you either buy (post 61) or make a converter (or rewire the iPhone headset).

Guest Alexander_13

After reading this thread, I still have a simple question: if I just want to replace SF headset with a new one with better-quality ear-buds, a fully-functional mic, and (possibly) a volume control, what are the tested options? Many thanks in advance.

I have a device similar to Nokia AD-57. It does not seem to be a perfect solution, because, if you want to keep the mic somewhere in proximity to your mouth, you need to accommodate your 50cm or so of "additional" wire form the headset somewhere around your neck. You are actually using two full-length cables.

Edited by Alexander_13

• 1 month later...
Guest T3KO

Hey,

I need a wired in-Ear headset(dont even need mic) with a small iphone like control without an adaptor or sth like that.

Is there anything like that available?

Guest Cerambyx

Hi,

Did anyone try Nokia WH-701 headset with Blade? Do the control buttons work? If not, I will buy an AD-57. You wrote it's working fine with Blade.

Guest Just Wondering

hmmmmm , i bought the http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-Nokia-AD-57...906&afsrc=1

the cable works fine with pausing the song and unpausing the song......on a very rare occasion i can make it skip to the next track by pressing the button twice quickly.....which seems odd.

the sound is working nicely through the adaptor , i also installed droid shuffle and the 3 player , but it did not make any difference to the way the adaptor worked.....anyone help....im on swedish rom latest.

TIA

Guest Mushroom_Lord

If only there were high end headphones with the mic and controls built in that would work with our blades....

I know its good to be able to use your own headphones, and they dream I just mentioned may not work with anything else properly (stock headphones must have the button held in order to play audio through them on my laptop)

Its just they would make it a lot tidier (cable lengths - whrrr) and better sound quality (less connections) especially as I doubt these cheap adapters are gold plated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XpressAndy

Is there any headphone available that changes radio station when its button is pressed. It's the same button for picking up the calls. I use radio with headphones while driving my bike, so it's a must for a headphone to be able to switch the radio stations. My old Nokia phone/headset had that feature...

• 2 months later...
Guest joeharris76

SUCCESS!!!

I've found a standard headset that works properly with the Blade/SF.

Phillips are offering 'Universal' headsets that include a 3.5mm female to male TRRS adapter that reverses the ground and mic. This is *exactly* like the adapter that KV Connections are selling out of the US.

I got mine from the local Carphone Warehouse (various colours as well) for £15, but isolating versions are available from Amazon. Product codes: SHE2675YB/10, SHE3575YB/10. Best bit is that even if you don't like the headphones you can still use the adapter and the lot was less than shipping from the US.

<< Phillips product page for the ones I've got >>

Enjoy!

Edited by joeharris76