32gb sd and SF

Guest sikhcentral

Guest Kuteguy
I have no problems with the card in a nokia phone it shows up fine its just the SF. I have tried different cluster sizes to no avail. The furthest I can go is formatting the card with SD formatter and it showing up on the phone as damaged. After touching format card it just doesn't recognise it.

If anyone has got a 32gb sd card to work with their SF we need some details like brand and type of sd card plus rom version etc.

havent read the entire thread

I have had a 32gb card for about 3 months I think. From memory, bought it from play.com

works perfectly on most ROM (it worked on Paul's ROM, it worked on Jap's ROM, but it did not work on FLB's ROM)

I don't remember formatting it - just used it out of the box

Guest Kuteguy
Cheers, I was having the same issues with that card and had dropped back to the recommended 16 GB card, I'll give that a try.

never had this problem on my 32 gb card - admittedly I only copy max 200mb files

I currently have about 25gb on my card (music videos)

• 5 months later...
Guest kicimilo

Dear Everybody!

I have a 32gb sd card problem. My datas I copied from a previous 2gb card are well played, viewed etc from it. But copying data through USB has many times the same problem: once it igets on the card it will be not readable anymore - not even I copy it back to the computer. Reading through the forum I couldn't fix the problem. Please give me some advance about it! My phone is a ZTE BLADE 2.2.

kiccimilo

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Is there any other people with a ZTE Blade / SF working fine with a 32GB microSD card here?

I would like to try a 32GB Sandisk.

Edited by semeur

Guest taannuk

Hi,

Is there any other people with a ZTE Blade / SF working fine with a 32GB microSD card here?

I would like to try a 32GB Sandisk.

ABSOLUTELY THE SAME QUESTION HERE.

Can anyone kindly reply, please?

Thank you!!!

Guest julianpaul

Cant remember if its a Sandisk card or not but I just recently put in a 32gb card into my SF and it works fine :)

hope it helps.

You know what would really help? Opening the back cover and telling us the brand and class! laugh.gif

cheers

Guest FrankieADZ

You know what would really help? Opening the back cover and telling us the brand and class! laugh.gif

cheers

cheeky :P lol

Ok so I had a look & i can confirm that it is a Sandisk card :)

hope this helps

Guest julianpaul

cheeky :P lol

Ok so I had a look & i can confirm that it is a Sandisk card :)

hope this helps

LOL. Cheers for the info anyway mate! So looks like sandisk IS the most compatible brand around.

SD cards and controllers are standardized. It's like saying a 1TB Seagate Drive is "incompatible" with a computer, but a 1TB Western Digital one should be. It's meaningless.

Secondly, Kingston, PNY, Lexar, Transcend etc, do not make Micro SD cards. They just brand and sell them. There are only a handful of companies that actually make the memory, like Samsung and Toshiba.

You could get two "Kingston" SD cards and crack them both open, to see that one was fabbed by samsung, the other by hynix.

Guest julianpaul

SD cards and controllers are standardized. It's like saying a 1TB Seagate Drive is "incompatible" with a computer, but a 1TB Western Digital one should be. It's meaningless.

Secondly, Kingston, PNY, Lexar, Transcend etc, do not make Micro SD cards. They just brand and sell them. There are only a handful of companies that actually make the memory, like Samsung and Toshiba.

You could get two "Kingston" SD cards and crack them both open, to see that one was fabbed by samsung, the other by hynix.

Your theory sounds nice, but there are loads of non-working transcend/kingston etc cards (i'm talking about 16gb) while nearly every sandisk card is reported to work successfully. I don't remember where but i remember reading that sandisk is especially focussed on making their cards compatible across a wide range of mobile devices. i'm not a sandisk fanboy, but it worked for me first try in my OSF, while many others had issues with other brands. Hence the affinity.

Guest julianpaul

You keep mentioning this "compatibility", as if it means anything.

OSF 32GB card users are too small a group of users to gather any evidence except anecdotal.

I did say i was talking about 16gb cards. There are reams of pages devoted to the subject on this very forum. Anyway, lets drop this, peace out...

Guest unrandomsam

I have no problems with the card in a nokia phone it shows up fine its just the SF. I have tried different cluster sizes to no avail. The furthest I can go is formatting the card with SD formatter and it showing up on the phone as damaged. After touching format card it just doesn't recognise it.

If anyone has got a 32gb sd card to work with their SF we need some details like brand and type of sd card plus rom version etc.

Lexar 32GB class 6 works. (Clockworkmod official 0.3.2.7 and any rom I have tested (Not tested any 2.1 roms))

I had a Transcend Class 2 32GB running until two weeks ago.

Now the Blade is flying with a SanDisk 64GB Bi-colored microSDXC-Card (as i also stated there: http://android.modac...dxc-capability/ ).

112560952-177x150-0-0_sandisk+sandisk+64gb+mobile+ultra+microsdxc+memory.jpg

No problems with both cards ;-)

Edit: But I have to admit ... i was a little bit disappointed with the speed of the 32GB Transcend-Card. I usually buy only SanDisk cards because they rate their cards lower than they really are.

Edited by mike79

Guest surfatwork
Guest shanky887614

should work fine, most likely its the rom you are using

ive got a 32gb sandisk micro sd card in mine, bought it in jully has worked since

i think i had it on when i was running portugese springs

install titanium backup, then backup apps to a smaller sd card

then install cyanogenmod that definatly accepts 32gb cards on the san fransisco

Guest skull_fcuk

I have a (converted from Gen 1) Gen2 Blade running Cyanogen Green V5 using a SanDisk Class4 32gb Micro SD card (thank you Play.com (£17.99)) which shows up as 29.71gb with about 16gb of space used. Works fine. Came out of the pack, and copied all the content straight from my 16gb card whilst phone was hooked up to pc, then removed 16gb card, and installed 32gb card into phone, and copied data straight onto new card. All files and folders and apps are working fine. Have even performed a back up, wipe, installed Blade Mix 365 (ICS flavour) and wiped and restored Green v5 back up. No probs whatsoever. Personally, i love the fact that this is now on a par with an iPhone which costs hundreds, just for the comparable functionality/ storage. Go Blade GO!!

Okay I keep seeing people posting about 32gb sd on SF so I think I need to point out my

findings.

I have 2 San Francisco phones, mine is grey with AMOLED and the other is a later white one,

both are running Cyanogenmod Nightly 257 with Gen 2 updates, (I gave the white one to my

girlfriend who is much happier with it than her old phone).

The grey one runs a 16GB Sandisk Class 4 and refuses to read my 32GB Generic Class 4 card.

The white one works with the 32GB Generic Class 4 card even though it is a little slow.

So this indicates that not all phone hardware versions are the same.

I have ordered a 32GB Lexar Class 10 card to try, this should show if the old version works with

a faster response (I can always put it in a converter and use it in my digital camera if it doesn't work)..