Rogers issues?

Guest vanisleguy1976

Guest vanisleguy1976

Since Rogers released the Froyo update, I've been having sporadic issues with my phone. Sometimes the internet stops working, now texting is not working... But the weird thing is, I didn't flash the new update.

Could it be Rogers is messed because I'm using a leak?

Anyone else experiencing issues?

ive been having the same issues since yesterday night! maybe its just rogers updating there system or what not. Im currently running the latest leak by Liquid User..i tried to install the official froyo but coudnt, so stuck with the leak

ive been having the same issues since yesterday night! maybe its just rogers updating there system or what not. Im currently running the latest leak by Liquid User..i tried to install the official froyo but coudnt, so stuck with the leak

I thought it was only myself!!.. I couldn't use Latitude and weather bug since yesterday after the official Froyo was launched. The phone just would not detect my location at all even though I still have voice call and data functions.

This morning I searched and came upon thishttp://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ny-phone/"" target=_blank"> http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...roms-any-phone/ I followed the instruction and managed to flashed to the latest Rogers Froyo. However still couldn't detect location. But just a few minutes ago, the function came back suddenly. So lets wait and see if it will continue working.

Guest vanisleguy1976
I am on LCR-F with the Base Band A1-05.01.05, 4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1

The internet has been slow for the past few days, but GPS is fine.

I've had no wifi or GPS issues myself. Texting is working after a cache and dalvik wipe. Still, everything seems slower now.

It's somewhat reassuring to know I'm not the only one having these sudden issues. Hopefully Rogers stops fiddling with our network :rolleyes:

Guest dan amantea

I have been having data conneciton and texting issues here in calgary on robbers on my xperia x10 as well, I tried to call tech, but was on hold for 45 minutes, so I am sure they are just having issues on their end

Guest Harness
I have been having data conneciton and texting issues here in calgary on robbers on my xperia x10 as well, I tried to call tech, but was on hold for 45 minutes, so I am sure they are just having issues on their end

this.

Here and there, nothing really interrupting the service of my phone.

Guest dan amantea
I am in Edmonton with bell, no issues at all!! switch to Bell!! better service area and stable connection!

Morris Lee

not better service then roggers, I have a guy on the inside B)

Guest vanisleguy1976
not better service then roggers, I have a guy on the inside B)

HAHA! I want an inside guy! Actually, for the most part, I've been quite satisfied with Rogers. This is the first time in 4 years that I've had any sort of network issues. Prior to Rogers, I was a victim of Telus, and I dealt with issues almost daily.

And let's face it... Playing the 'My service provider is better than yours' game is akin to debating which politician is the most honest :) A crook is a crook is a crook :)

Guest alan090
I am in Edmonton with bell, no issues at all!! switch to Bell!! better service area and stable connection!

Morris Lee

yea i kind of get 50% discount from rogers off all service

dont think i will switch any time soon B)

Bell sucks - why would you have bell in the west coast - telus owns the west HSPA network and bell the east....

Guest vanisleguy1976

Nice!! But even without a fifty percent discount, neither Telus nor Bell can even come close to matching or beating the plan I have with Rogers! I did plenty of comparisons prior to entering my contract, and as I said, I'm pretty happy B)

Guest Morris Lee

dont think i will switch any time soon B)

Bell sucks - why would you have bell in the west coast - telus owns the west HSPA network and bell the east....

Well, statistic from my usage, there is only ONE place i had no reception, the LRT station underground of the University of Alberta, other than that, I got reception everywhere, solid signal too. My friend with the X10 on rogers always loose reception.

I even get reception in elevators too.

Morris Lee

Guest Harness

Morris Lee

Bell sux shet where I am.

Furthermore, I experience the same with signal as you. My issues are gone as of a few hours ago. It was just this morning and late last night.

Edited by Harness

Guest vanisleguy1976
Well, statistic from my usage, there is only ONE place i had no reception, the LRT station underground of the University of Alberta, other than that, I got reception everywhere, solid signal too. My friend with the X10 on rogers always loose reception.

I even get reception in elevators too.

Morris Lee

With all due respect, this thread was never intended to be about comparing carriers. And for the record, with the exception of a minor glitch over the last 24 hours (issues which seem to now be resolved, I might add), I've never once had reception issues with Rogers, and in fact get better reception with my phone than others with Bell or Telus in this area. There are a variety of reasons why certain phones on certain carriers perform better than others in certain areas.

If Bell suits your needs and works for you, that's great! But in my opinion, if you want to do carrier comparisons, may I suggest you start a new thread in the general forum?

Edited by vanisleguy1976

Guest snootched
With all due respect, this thread was never intended to be about comparing carriers. And for the record, with the exception of a minor glitch over the last 24 hours (issues which seem to now be resolved, I might add), I've never once had reception issues with Rogers, and in fact get better reception with my phone than others with Bell or Telus in this area. There are a variety of reasons why certain phones on certain carriers perform better than others in certain areas.

If Bell suits your needs and works for you, that's great! But in my opinion, if you want to do carrier comparisons, may I suggest you start a new thread in the general forum?

lol so true. hopefully this is the last post in this thread - but as a fellow Canadian, in the IT business, I know colleagues and/or have worked for one of the big three.. we are delusional if we think any of the plans are competitive or better than the other. The big 3 get together all the time and work out their plans together, behind closed doors. We really need the competition like in the US. But in the land of the North, we need someone with capital to build the network... it's all about recoup the costs, plus profits.

The ipad plan is about the best you'll get on robbers these days.. 6GB for $30 .. Just my 2 cents.

Guest Morris Lee

Fair enough, my apologies! B)