[Beginner] Cannot partition SDCard with AmonRA

Guest KGyST

I'm a Pulse-beginner, and started to install a custom (DMC-rom 2.1 r8) ROM by a manual that includes an a2sd+ activating.

Everything works fine, except for the partitioning and a2sd enabling (moving apps to the card).

I used AmonRA-pulse 1.5.2, that is reported to work.

The partitioning went well, I made a 0 MB cache and an 512 MB ext2 partition on a 4GB class 4 SD Micro card.

But in terminal:

su

a2sd cachesd

[ ] Checking for ext partition

[]Ext parttion found, but not mounted.

To prtotect integrity of the boot process, the CACHESD command cannot move dalvik-cache to the SD card unless the partition is mounted.

a2sd check

[ ] Checking for ext partition

[] Ext partition found, but not mounted.

Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.

Check with your rom developer if the boot image is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Your partition may be usig an EXT4 partition, but your rom may not support EXT4. Repartition your card to use EXT2 or EXT3.

1. What can be the problem, how can I solve it

2. Is it possible to make the whole partition structure under a Linux computer (w/ card reader)? Are there special volume labels, etc?

Thanks

I'd have a word with the developer of the ROM.

Should I install another ROM? The whole stuff is quite new, it's relatively easy to move to another. (No installed apps and data)

(I copied files to the card, seemed to work well. It's new.)

The rom was mentioned in an install guide and was said to work with AmonRA.

Thx

Guest AntonioPT

Oh I see you're using MCR. That ROM is OOOOOOLD! :rolleyes:

Wipe everything and flash FLB-MOD 1.7.

EDIT: Oh and yes, the partitioning can be done with GParted (or other partitioning tool) on Linux. That's how I do it all the time :huh: No special labels... Just make a FAT32 partition (for the files) and a EXT2 partition for the A2SD. Optionally, you can also make a SWAP partition (64MB is the recommended size).

Edited by AntonioPT

The 2.1 FLB ROMS are the best on the Pulse, even if he has left these shores to go and live in San Francisco.

I'm afraid that the SD Card makes the problems.

Under Windows, it can be partitioned and formatted, everything works.

Under Linux (I tried on two computers) nothing detects the card, some partition managers (QTParted) sees it but cannot write B)

I'm afraid that the SD Card makes the problems.

Under Windows, it can be partitioned and formatted, everything works.

Under Linux (I tried on two computers) nothing detects the card, some partition managers (QTParted) sees it but cannot write B)

Did you "unmount" the card in the Linux partition manager? If you don't "unmount" the card, Linux won't let you partition it.

Since under Linux the card isn't detected, I think that points to a problem with your previous partitioning. Here a link for how to do it with Gparted. I suspect Qparted is similar. http://tinyurl.com/2vpb34h

Remember though, if you don't want a swap partition, just don't do that step.

Edited by twrock

Did you "unmount" the card in the Linux partition manager? If you don't "unmount" the card, Linux won't let you partition it.

Since under Linux the card isn't detected, I think that points to a problem with your previous partitioning. Here a link for how to do it with Gparted. I suspect Qparted is similar. http://tinyurl.com/2vpb34h

Remember though, if you don't want a swap partition, just don't do that step.

The card cannot be mounted under Linux. Under the /proc I see /hdc /hdc1, but it doesn't show in mtab. Nothe that under Win everything works.

I'll give it a try in linux forums.

Guest spanner44

I have this exact problem myself that when i run a2sd check, it says that the Ext partition is found but not mounted, and this is under CM6, so it might not be an issue with it being an old rom.

I have tried several time partitioning under Gparted and via AmonRa but still get same result, and despite constant searching cannot find a way to mount the EXT partition in the terminal.