Help, I got the worse brick than you've ever thought of

Guest gilangb89

Guest gilangb89

Hello guys, I hope this thread won't be just another abandoned help-i-bricked-my-phone thread, because I believe the problem I have is more complicated. And pardon the post count, I just registered on this site after being a long time lurker.

I have had my Liquid E since August, and I've tried several Froyo leaks. The last time that I flashed a leak was Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05 and it was about two weeks ago. Since then, my Liquid E has been acting weird. It got random restarts, and it got worse each time a USB cable was plugged, either connected to the PC or to the charger. I don't really know if the leak was the main problem though.

Last night I was customizing my home screen using Launcher Pro 0.8.1.1 and Desktop VisualizeR (DVR) when suddenly it restarted on its own. I encountered about 5-6 restarts when I was customizing it. After the 6th or so restarts, it didn't turn on at all. FYI, I had my laptop USB cable connected. So I took off the battery, reinserted it, and tried to turn it on. It vibrated once, but nothing happened on screen, even the acer logo didn't show up. So I left it connected to the charger all night and in the morning I checked again, it was still the same.

I have tried to enter fastboot, recovery (I have malez installed), using the button combinations like volume down-camera-power off etc. but the screen didn't even turn on. I have tried to press volume up-camera-power off then ran my Acer Download Tool to reflash the leak. The process went kinda strange because there is nothing on my phone screen, no blinking white texts showing fastboot log, until it got stuck getting disconnected at [Download mode => OS Download mode], which I have encountered a long time ago and solved it after some googling. The solution was to unplug the cable, remove the battery, then reinsert the battery after 10 secs and reattach the USB cable. Two weeks ago the solution worked, but not this time. After I reattached the phone it didn't even respond to any key combinations.

Now I'm panicking, because the Acer Download Tool is still running and it's showing the state when it is stuck, and my phone is already unplugged and it is half-flashed. I am too afraid to turn off the Acer Download Tool, but I can't reconnect it to my laptop.

So that's the problem I've encountered. I need some help with it, can anyone help me? thanks B)

Edited by gilangb89

Guest manny_vr6

you can try this at your own risk...

close the update tool , and reboot your pc , make sure the cell is not connected, When you reach your desktop , connect it and hopefully you should have a connection, if you dont , then "right click my computer" / "properties" / " Device manager " ...Do you see your cell connected or any " ! " marks.. I think you can load an img using adb push...

your cell in not Bricked...thats very hard to do..

Edited by manny_vr6

Guest gilangb89
you can try this at your own risk...

close the update tool , and reboot your pc , make sure the cell is not connected, When you reach your desktop , connect it and hopefully you should have a connection, if you dont , then "right click my computer" / "properties" / " Device manager " ...Do you see your cell connected or any " ! " marks.. I think you can load an img using adb push...

your cell in not Bricked...thats very hard to do..

I saw an Unknown Device there with a " ! " mark. Does it mean I can do adb push to my liquid e? Because when i tried adb devices, my phone is not recognized at all. It doesn't even accept any button input (volume or camera etc) B)

Guest gilangb89
I saw an Unknown Device there with a " ! " mark. Does it mean I can do adb push to my liquid e? Because when i tried adb devices, my phone is not recognized at all. It doesn't even accept any button input (volume or camera etc) :)

So sorry if it is inappropriate to bump but I need a reply here, thanks. B)

Try to boot the phone near a light, maybe it's just a backlight problem (like there was with recovery). From what you sayed, the phone seems to boot (vibrate), but you see nothing.

Guest alan090

my cure for bricks (done it about 5 times myself having to do this - phone is subpar on quality for sure even though it performs - i miss htc going for samsung next) plug dead phone into cpu with usb - run acer download tool and start a new bin flash to eclair or something stable

make sure before you do this to select .qcn file manually check box

after doing this it will flash the bin - ask u for the qcn file (xml file located in acer download tool folder - usually try to use the newest one as each time u flash a bin normally it creates one)

after this it should work - if u get random reboots it needs to be repaired

Guest Borkata

I have also from time to time problems with battery and cant power up liquid. What i have found is that i have to remove battery and then connect to charger (better not usb from pc) and i dont preas anything for couple of hours.

Guest Labello

hey excuse me

just wondering if you got that problem fixed..

it seems like i just got the same problem..

it vibrates but i see nothing..

how did that happen to yours? flashing a new firmware?

I have also from time to time problems with battery and cant power up liquid. What i have found is that i have to remove battery and then connect to charger (better not usb from pc) and i dont preas anything for couple of hours.

Guest gilangb89
hey excuse me

just wondering if you got that problem fixed..

it seems like i just got the same problem..

it vibrates but i see nothing..

how did that happen to yours? flashing a new firmware?

Finally i brought it to the Acer Service Center. Turns out the motherboard/mainboard was broken. Thanks :P