How many San Francisco mobiles returned?

Guest Brianrh

Guest ballist1x
I'm looking at ordering one from play.com/Orange/Prepay wizard but I was confused by how long the warranty was. I saw someone post somewhere that on Orange it was a year, but on Play it was only 28 day/....have I read that wrong?

im not sure you can sell goods in the UK with less than 1 years support, from the retailer who sold it..

Guest targetbsp
I've seen threads that have a means of accepting votes and displaying the percentages which is exactly what we need but I have no idea how you do it. Could one of you clever types out there start a new thread to do this? It would be most interesting to see what percentage of all San Franciscos purchased have had to be returned.

Brian

Even that won't really help because the majority of people with no problem simply won't visit the forum full stop. Only the technically minded and those with a problem will be here. The average user won't.

For what it's worth - mine is fine and is up there as possibly the best thing I've ever bought ever.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest stuartbaggs

Bought mine last night from orange shop and after about 20 mins playing with it the phone began acting strange as if the menu button was being repeatedly pressed, phone kept vibrating etc. will be taking back tonight to hopefully replace it.

Guest Magnets
So is pinkish on grey a hardware /QC issue or can it be sorted by resetting/reflashing etc?

HTC desire had a similar issue and AFAIK it's down to mis-calibrated screens and a tendency for AMOLED to show grey as pink.

There were reports that 2.2 fixed the problems with HTC devices, but this may be due to some fix that HTC shipped with the update, I don't know.

im not sure you can sell goods in the UK with less than 1 years support, from the retailer who sold it..

Play are not based in the UK, they are based in Jersey (This means no SOGA protection)

After 28 days, Play will not want to know, and will refer you to the manufacturer. The manufactuer should offer 12 months, but lots of people have had hassle on this.

My advice is to buy from Orange direct, they can be a real hassle to deal with, but once you've got through to somebody good they will replace it the next day.

Guest germcevoy

My first one would not read a sim card. Eventually had it replaced and the new unit has been doing well for a month.

Best advice if you have a faulty unit is to return it to an Orange store. Their tech support over the phone can be horrendous.

Edited by germcevoy

Guest manila57

Had to replace one unit after 3 days due to screen failure. No roblem at the local orange shop. Bought a second unit which up to now is running smoothly. Both unlocked and rooted with the bundled trash apps removed.

All the people who have called the Orange freephone numbers in this thread, did your calls go to an indian call centre or a UK based centre?

Edited by revs

Guest Borderland
Bought 2. One the first week of release, the other a couple of weeks ago. No problems with either.

I spoke too soon. Screen auto-orientation doesn't work on the newer one - and yes, the option is selected.

All the people who have called the Orange freephone numbers in this thread, did your calls go to an indian call centre or a UK based centre?

I've phoned more than once, and going by the accents, it's been a mixture of both.

Guest Magnets
Thanks JCPren, the 2 times i've called, it's been Indian call centres.

I've always been put through to the Indian call centre first, and once they transferred me to someone in a UK office (could hear English people in the background, and the guy was English).

Guest insurgente
Play are not based in the UK, they are based in Jersey (This means no SOGA protection)

After 28 days, Play will not want to know, and will refer you to the manufacturer. The manufactuer should offer 12 months, but lots of people have had hassle on this.

My advice is to buy from Orange direct, they can be a real hassle to deal with, but once you've got through to somebody good they will replace it the next day.

hmmm so that's a reason to go for Orange. But I don't have much faith in getting a discount (my housemate works for the NHS but in store you have to buy £20 of credit now anyway) so how about Pre Pay Wizard? According to http://www.prepaywizard.co.uk/terms-and-conditions their registered office is in Cheshire... so worth going for? Atleast it would be £100 with top up

Guest Brianrh
hmmm so that's a reason to go for Orange. But I don't have much faith in getting a discount (my housemate works for the NHS but in store you have to buy £20 of credit now anyway) so how about Pre Pay Wizard? According to http://www.prepaywizard.co.uk/terms-and-conditions their registered office is in Cheshire... so worth going for? Atleast it would be £100 with top up

Isn't the £20 minimum top up only if you pay cash? I thought you only had to get £10 top up if you pay by credit card.

Brian

Guest insurgente

The Orange shop I went to guy said it had recently been increased to £20 as (his words exactly) "lots of people are buying them and getting them unlocked"

Didn't mention the difference between cash/credit mind you. Might've just been the one shop

Guest Gibbo501

I can't say I've had a problem when I've called Orange. I've dialled 450 and gone through the menu system and been clear and concise with the problem. I'm put on hold for 30 seconds while they check, and they come back to me with a confirmation it requires a replacement, where they proceed to take my address and arrange an exchange time.

Guest AndyHibberd
bahh my mum got this return arranged on wednesday....its not friday no call back... no new phone...

:/

not happy

This has happened twice to me. Some BS excuse once you get through to them. I'm pretty sure they don't even arrange a delivery but surely that's ridiculously petty and of no advantage to them because you will obviously call back.

Guest ballist1x

yea i feel for my mum cos im at work and can only give her half of the message. she doesnt even know how to use a mobile properly. and i outlined the first call list transcription in this thread on post 4. and they havent really lved up to what they said in the end and seem unable to fathom a return over a refund:/