Dell Streak - duplicate display on monitor through HDMI?

Guest Truenash

Guest Truenash

The Dell Streak has HDMI output for video, images etc. But is there any way we can get it to output the whole display? I saw something about this somewhere in the past, but am unable to find it, so I assume it went nowhere.

A lot of manufacturers output their mobile display to monitors/projectors in conventions and keynotes, so it is presumably possible. What needs to be done in the Streaks case?

As for input on the larger duplicated display, something akin to the N8's implementation, with the camera of the phone placed below the monitor and tracking contact could be possible?

Just a brainstorm, but it would be good to be able to link the Streak to a monitor.

Also, just a bit off topic but still something I'm interested in, has anyone seen any progress on mouse cursor emulation for Android? I know X86 android has this, but haven't seen it on a mobile rom yet. This would be especially good with the DiNovo mini's touch pad.

Guest Truenash

http://www.aaxatech.com/products/m2_micro_projector.htm

Under the media gallery section, there's a photo of this projector projecting the display from a small looking android tablet. Anyone know what tablet that is? It can duplicate it's display to a projector, so it's fair to say it can do it to a monitor, and we can hopefully find out how.

Guest Truenash

So there is. I'll see if I can get hold of the dev. The only problem is his app seems to output the display sideways, but that might be to make use of the monitor real estate more than anything.

Guest alfonsomm
So there is. I'll see if I can get hold of the dev. The only problem is his app seems to output the display sideways, but that might be to make use of the monitor real estate more than anything.

Were you able to get any more info? I would really love to try this

Guest alfonsomm
not even sure where to start on this B) anyone want to do some research

Ill try but im not too familiar with that area. Btw Stephen i installed your 720p camcorder bug fix...works like a charm

Guest brokenpixel
The Dell Streak has HDMI output for video, images etc. But is there any way we can get it to output the whole display? I saw something about this somewhere in the past, but am unable to find it, so I assume it went nowhere.

A lot of manufacturers output their mobile display to monitors/projectors in conventions and keynotes, so it is presumably possible. What needs to be done in the Streaks case?

As for input on the larger duplicated display, something akin to the N8's implementation, with the camera of the phone placed below the monitor and tracking contact could be possible?

Just a brainstorm, but it would be good to be able to link the Streak to a monitor.

Also, just a bit off topic but still something I'm interested in, has anyone seen any progress on mouse cursor emulation for Android? I know X86 android has this, but haven't seen it on a mobile rom yet. This would be especially good with the DiNovo mini's touch pad.

Truenash I have paired a magic mouse to the streak, it does work, only drawback I've seen so far is the back button, it's the only moment were you have to actually interact with the streak besides that you can use keyboard + mouse no problems. I also run Steve's 1.1.1 FYI.

• 1 month later...
Guest Truenash
Truenash I have paired a magic mouse to the streak, it does work, only drawback I've seen so far is the back button, it's the only moment were you have to actually interact with the streak besides that you can use keyboard + mouse no problems. I also run Steve's 1.1.1 FYI.

Sorry for slow reply, didn't see your post! Hope you're still around. Does the magic mouse give you an actual mouse pointer on the streak?!

Edited by Truenash

Guest brokenpixel
Sorry for slow reply, didn't see your post! Hope you're still around. Does the magic mouse give you an actual mouse pointer on the streak?!

No problems. Yes it showed me a little arrow/pointer, I tested it on Steve's 1.1.1 and the default ADW Launcher.

Guest Truenash

Ah brilliant...

The reason I wanted it is because my Logitech DiNovo mini has a trackpad on it, but no mouse pointer means I can't use it. So I'm wondering if Steve's builds have mouse pointers, or just specific mice, etc. What build are you on now? If you're on a stock dell build could you try testing your mouse on that please? If not, no worries :D