2.2 out for US Bets Streaks

Guest lufc

Guest Fone_Fanatic

So downgraded baseband

Flashed "recovery.stock.new.img"

Reset into revoery, selected option 2

everything seemed to be going fine except no change in status bar

then got an error "E: Can't read update.pkg (bad)" something along those lines...

Has dell messed this up again?!

Guest Fone_Fanatic
UPDATE

Now some one running steves rom typed in this link http://mobileupdate.dell.com/?version=GAUSB1A110100 and is downloading

That was me... thanks for the credit B)

check download is good also check file is named correctly and try a diff receovery to

Which recovery? LUFC recommended 4399 over at xda and someone else got the same error as me

Guest Peter Galbavy
So downgraded baseband

Flashed "recovery.stock.new.img"

Reset into revoery, selected option 2

everything seemed to be going fine except no change in status bar

then got an error "E: Can't read update.pkg (bad)" something along those lines...

Has dell messed this up again?!

Same here. I have used the 4399_21 recovery - which is a different baseband.

I am now trying to download direct to the phone via the update site URL and see if that makes a difference...

Else, anyone got a more "packaged" _00 recovery rather than the dance with file permissions and stuff ?

Guest Fone_Fanatic
nope not to hand, ive had the system boot and amss images for this rom for a few days i just realised

So can we extract the .pkg and make it a .zip to install the same way as your froyo roms?

Guest Stephen Hyde

i had it running a day or two ago for a bit, same crap stage etc also. and you cant extract the pkg eaisly nor could an update.zip flash it properly due to needing new baseband -the official build is not rootable by androot either ill tel everyone that dell have deliberately locked it down alot heavier (it is rootable but not so easily)

Guest Fone_Fanatic
i had it running a day or two ago for a bit, same crap stage etc also. and you cant extract the pkg eaisly nor could an update.zip flash it properly due to needing new baseband -the official build is not rootable by androot either ill tel everyone that dell have deliberately locked it down alot heavier (it is rootable but not so easily)

staying on your froyo btw B)

I just want to tinker with it a bit... see what took dell so long to mess it up.

Typical Dell! The locking down game is always a losing battle for the manufacturers...

My download has just completed so I'll rename it as you advised and give it a go but I wanted to know whether I face the risk of bricking my Streak? I understand the baseband is to do with the radio signals so with that in mind wouldnt this be applying US signals to a UK phone resulting in a non-working phone (in terms of calls etc)